follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2022, 09:07 PM   #393
euroshowoff
Senior Member
 
euroshowoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2015 Tacoma
Location: VA
Posts: 157
Thanks: 19
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
I ordered this muffler from japan parts like 2-3 weeks ago and according to UPS, It should be arriving today. If i get it installed the next couple of days, ill take some videos


edit: btw, I did find some more videos which won me over to this exhaust on japans YT here:




Guy over on Facebook installed this recently, says he hears no noticeable increase in sound.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Bah Weep Granah Weep Nini Bong"

Old: 2013 Arengto FR-S
Current: 2015 Tacoma/2020 Sequoia Pro
Future: 2022 CWP Limited Est Delivery 06/22
euroshowoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:00 PM   #394
Daedex
That One Guy
 
Daedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 155
Thanks: 112
Thanked 59 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroshowoff View Post
Guy over on Facebook installed this recently, says he hears no noticeable increase in sound.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can finally comment on this as I just installed mine. I'll have pics and hopefully a video of some cold starts and fly-bys.



You are correct. In regards to loudness specifically in the cabin, it is identical to stock. However, it does sound deeper and more rumbly. So it doesn't change the loudness at all, merely the tone, which I honestly love. Since mine is a DD, I don't really want the cabin louder anyways.



Gotta say though, the tone of the exhaust is just music to my ears.
__________________
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true."
Daedex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daedex For This Useful Post:
azndavepgh (03-20-2022), kaesu (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 12:37 AM   #395
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD
 
Yoshoobaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,875
Thanks: 2,627
Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
In regards to loudness specifically in the cabin, it is identical to stock.
That’s disappointing. I think it should be significantly louder for an STI branded part.

It should be at least stock 350Z loud.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:58 AM   #396
Daedex
That One Guy
 
Daedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 155
Thanks: 112
Thanked 59 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
That’s disappointing. I think it should be significantly louder for an STI branded part.

It should be at least stock 350Z loud.
Yeah. I added the trd suspension, so I need to get it aligned on Monday. When they do, I’ll ask them to check for an exhaust leak. I didn’t hear any, but a second look never hurts.
__________________
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true."

Last edited by Daedex; 03-20-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Daedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:37 PM   #397
kaesu
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Drives: 22 BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 60
Thanks: 52
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice! I'm guessing it's STI oem loud, not sure if you've had the chance to drive one before. Looking forward to your writeups for the exhaust and suspension.
kaesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:45 PM   #398
azndavepgh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 68
Thanked 87 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
So I can finally comment on this as I just installed mine. I'll have pics and hopefully a video of some cold starts and fly-bys.



You are correct. In regards to loudness specifically in the cabin, it is identical to stock. However, it does sound deeper and more rumbly. So it doesn't change the loudness at all, merely the tone, which I honestly love. Since mine is a DD, I don't really want the cabin louder anyways.



Gotta say though, the tone of the exhaust is just music to my ears.
Do you have Active Sound Control disabled?
azndavepgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #399
euroshowoff
Senior Member
 
euroshowoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2015 Tacoma
Location: VA
Posts: 157
Thanks: 19
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTrax View Post
Ordered the single wall.... now the waiting game....

https://www.remark-usa.com/collectio...ubaru-brz-2022

Think there is anything negative from having that open gap in the rear, like getting air trapped etc?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Bah Weep Granah Weep Nini Bong"

Old: 2013 Arengto FR-S
Current: 2015 Tacoma/2020 Sequoia Pro
Future: 2022 CWP Limited Est Delivery 06/22
euroshowoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #400
Daedex
That One Guy
 
Daedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 155
Thanks: 112
Thanked 59 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavepgh View Post
Do you have Active Sound Control disabled?

I do not. Not yet atleast. I need to do that, lol. Thank you for reminding me! I will report back tomorrow after the dealer inspection (since I am unconvinced that the gasket is seated properly between the muffler and midpipe), and I'll disable the sound control.
__________________
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true."
Daedex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daedex For This Useful Post:
azndavepgh (03-20-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #401
azndavepgh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 68
Thanked 87 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
I do not. Not yet atleast. I need to do that, lol. Thank you for reminding me! I will report back tomorrow after the dealer inspection (since I am unconvinced that the gasket is seated properly between the muffler and midpipe), and I'll disable the sound control.
I found the ASC to be kind of loud so I'm curious about how the exhaust sounds with it disabled.
azndavepgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:04 PM   #402
LRNAD90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Drives: X5 35d, D90
Location: Maryland
Posts: 150
Thanks: 44
Thanked 115 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTrax View Post
Ordered the single wall.... now the waiting game....

https://www.remark-usa.com/collectio...ubaru-brz-2022
So just to be clear, this is a muffler delete then, correct?
LRNAD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #403
DuniBRZ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
Location: New York
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTrax View Post
Ordered the single wall.... now the waiting game....

https://www.remark-usa.com/collectio...ubaru-brz-2022
I was looking at this one too. Something that sounds nicer than stock. But I'll also be driving to work about one hour each way most days. So I don't want anything that gets too annoying or drones on the highway. Interested on hearing you take on this once you get it!
DuniBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:24 PM   #404
Daedex
That One Guy
 
Daedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 155
Thanks: 112
Thanked 59 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavepgh View Post
I found the ASC to be kind of loud so I'm curious about how the exhaust sounds with it disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTrax View Post
I’ve tried ASC on and off; OFF with the stock muffler it’s Impreza/Outback level of quiet.

Tested my new Helmet for autocross, and really cant hear anything from the car with ASC OFF.

It’s back ON till I get my axleback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
That’s disappointing. I think it should be significantly louder for an STI branded part.

It should be at least stock 350Z loud.
The shop took a look at the exhaust today. The gasket wasn't properly seated, and apparently I overtorque'd it to compensate (oops). They replaced the gasket and all is well now. No leaks. What's weird is I wasn't able to hear it initially.

With that said, the exhaust is louder now than previously. Not a terrible increase, but definitely a noticeable one. I actually really enjoy it! I think it compliments the tone well, plus the tips look amazing:







Then I went home and disabled ASC. And... damn does it make it super quiet compared to before. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think I prefer it with ASC. Never thought those words would leave my lips.
__________________
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true."

Last edited by Daedex; 03-21-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Daedex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daedex For This Useful Post:
azndavepgh (03-22-2022), Grif (03-22-2022), kaesu (03-22-2022), PBR (03-25-2022), RToyo86 (03-27-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 09:20 PM   #405
euroshowoff
Senior Member
 
euroshowoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2015 Tacoma
Location: VA
Posts: 157
Thanks: 19
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
The shop took a look at the exhaust today. The gasket wasn't properly seated, and apparently I overtorque'd it to compensate (oops). They replaced the gasket and all is well now. No leaks. What's weird is I wasn't able to hear it initially.

With that said, the exhaust is louder now than previously. Not a terrible increase, but definitely a noticeable one. I actually really enjoy it! I think it compliments the tone well, plus the tips look amazing:







Then I went home and disabled ASC. And... damn does it make it super quiet compared to before. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think I prefer it with ASC. Never thought those words would leave my lips.

Looks great!

I saw greddy has a “comfort” axleback listed on japanparts…but burnt tips. What’s with all these jdm options only having burnt tips!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Bah Weep Granah Weep Nini Bong"

Old: 2013 Arengto FR-S
Current: 2015 Tacoma/2020 Sequoia Pro
Future: 2022 CWP Limited Est Delivery 06/22
euroshowoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:19 PM   #406
DeeAich
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Drives: '22 BRZ
Location: BC
Posts: 30
Thanks: 14
Thanked 42 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone installed an UEL header with an otherwise stock exhaust?
DeeAich is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2022+ Exhaust compilation thread Yoshoobaroo Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 22 04-22-2022 06:17 AM
FR-S and BRZ Exhaust Compilation Thread Spd229 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 656 03-16-2022 05:35 AM
The Boosted Exhaust Thread The Racers Line Forced Induction 49 06-05-2014 01:13 AM
The Exhaust Weights thread qoncept Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 06-12-2013 02:34 PM
Agency Power Exhaust Thread PT II vividracing Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 222 07-28-2012 12:52 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.