follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #15
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Same as the high efficiency wing.
Except the rubber isolators. Unless he missed installing them.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #16
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Except the rubber isolators. Unless he missed installing them.
There were no rubber isolators present with the kit. /shrug
Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:35 PM   #17
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
There were no rubber isolators present with the kit. /shrug
It is just open cell thin black foam tape. It just keeps it from metal to metal contact. You may check with them to see if they recommend it. Since it is in beta they may have not completed the install instructions yet.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:53 PM   #18
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Nothing more than a stock trunk. You have stoppers installed which helps limit compression travel. They work really well...
I noticed the Verus wings mount out towards the edge which is why I ask. I have an APR that mounts in the center and it tends to twist the leading edge of the trunk lid up quite a lot under load.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:25 PM   #19
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
It is just open cell thin black foam tape. It just keeps it from metal to metal contact. You may check with them to see if they recommend it. Since it is in beta they may have not completed the install instructions yet.
I didn't receive any open cell foam tape, all that was pictured was in the OP. With that being said, it's not a bad idea...I'll go ahead and grab some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I noticed the Verus wings mount out towards the edge which is why I ask. I have an APR that mounts in the center and it tends to twist the leading edge of the trunk lid up quite a lot under load.
I'd be more than happy to get a video pointing backwards during a session next weekend (Aug 8th at NCM) to see if there is any massive deflection. Statically, trying to replicate that movement the trunk is pretty solid. IIRC from other people with other wings, older hinges that have seen some wear tend to have more play which may account of the shift under load.

Regardless. I'm going to NCM with R7s this time around and there are 2 high speed sweeper present.

On street tires, T5 I was entering at 105/103 sustained and T16 which is a mid/low 90 MPH entry to a 97ish MPH exit. If anything is going to deflect, it'll be there.

Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M0nk3y For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #20
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I'd be more than happy to get a video pointing backwards during a session next weekend (Aug 8th at NCM) to see if there is any massive deflection. Statically, trying to replicate that movement the trunk is pretty solid. IIRC from other people with other wings, older hinges that have seen some wear tend to have more play which may account of the shift under load.

Regardless. I'm going to NCM with R7s this time around and there are 2 high speed sweeper present.

On street tires, T5 I was entering at 105/103 sustained and T16 which is a mid/low 90 MPH entry to a 97ish MPH exit. If anything is going to deflect, it'll be there.
I think it would be interesting to see. I do get a little bit of hinge movement and will tighten up the stops. A lot of the movement I do see in my case is the lid flexing. I know the Voltex, which mounts in the middle includes a brace for the inside since you cut out the OEM support. I am thinking the way the Verus wings mount is likely going to have much less deflection.