follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #29
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I actually got my series yellow with the sti body kit and eibach springs on my car from the dealership. But I do intend to add a few other sti tid bits too.

I agree on the wing also. A little to much if you are not going to track it a lot!

The first thing I did after buying. (The first week) Added the STi front and side spoilers. Just installed the Ebach pro springs. How do you like yours? Have not driven mine yet getting it aligned on Saturday.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #30
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
I agree on the wing also. A little to much if you are not going to track it a lot!

The first thing I did after buying. (The first week) Added the STi front and side spoilers. Just installed the Ebach pro springs. How do you like yours? Have not driven mine yet getting it aligned on Saturday.
I cannot comment entirely on the springs since the Sachs dampers are an improvement over my '13 FRS suspension. But I do like them so far. Ride isnt harsh and the drop is just right.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #31
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post
Despite the seemingly slow sales, with only 500 available in the US, how do you think the Series Yellow will do in the used market in the future? Better, same or worse than a normal color BRZ w/ PP?
It will do worse, yellow cars as a whole have never caught on, on a large scale. Look at the Cayman GT4's, I think it is a beautiful car in yellow, but you rarely see them. I see every other color of Cayman's all the time.

After a few years of learning at the track, my goal is to upgrade to the GT4 and then I will know exactly the market for my Series Yellow.
Of course the GT4 will be yellow also!!!
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azzudien For This Useful Post:
BaatLuk (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #32
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Fewer Series.Yellow the better imo

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 08-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #33
Energy

Drives: BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Despite the seemingly slow sales, with only 500 available in the US, how do you think the Series Yellow will do in the used market in the future? Better, same or worse than a normal color BRZ w/ PP?
This was my thought process when thinking about purchasing a Series.Yellow - I really liked it, but the resale value will not be as good as a normal BRZ with PP. Either way you look at it, a yellow vehicle will not draw the amounts of people a white/black/silver vehicle would.

I went with white, and I'm glad I did.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #34
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I am good with the yellow! I am in Dallas and there had to be more than a dozen at dealerships in DFW area. The dealership I went to had 3. However I have never seen another one on the road?

I have never bought a car because I want to sell it. I buy cars because that is what I want and I can afford it.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #35
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
I am good with the yellow! I am in Dallas and there had to be more than a dozen at dealerships in DFW area. The dealership I went to had 3. However I have never seen another one on the road?

I have never bought a car because I want to sell it. I buy cars because that is what I want and I can afford it.
This all day. Resale value was never a consideration when I bought this car. I wanted something different and unique. To this day I have the only 2017 BRZ Series.Yellow in the state (and to be honest I havn't seen another 17 BRZ either). And I like that its a Happy color. Don't get me wrong I LOVE subarus in WRB. but there are TONS of WRXs in those normal colors. and the car does turn heads. I get a "nice car" or "what is that car?" nearly every day. I wish I could record peoples reactions when I tell them its a Subaru...
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #36
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
This all day. Resale value was never a consideration when I bought this car. I wanted something different and unique. To this day I have the only 2017 BRZ Series.Yellow in the state (and to be honest I havn't seen another 17 BRZ either). And I like that its a Happy color. Don't get me wrong I LOVE subarus in WRB. but there are TONS of WRXs in those normal colors. and the car does turn heads. I get a "nice car" or "what is that car?" nearly every day. I wish I could record peoples reactions when I tell them its a Subaru...
Exactly! People are surprised to see me driving a yellow Subaru and not a blue or white one haha. It's nice.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 08-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #37
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Exactly! People are surprised to see me driving a yellow Subaru and not a blue or white one haha. It's nice.
BaatLuk (09-19-2017), funwheeldrive (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #38
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Thanks Tcoat now I understand. They had leftover paint so they made 500 cars to use it up.
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azzudien For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #39
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
This was my thought process when thinking about purchasing a Series.Yellow - I really liked it, but the resale value will not be as good as a normal BRZ with PP. Either way you look at it, a yellow vehicle will not draw the amounts of people a white/black/silver vehicle would.

I went with white, and I'm glad I did.

I happen to know about a certain other car community for a vehicle reaching about 25-30 years of age right now. The red/black/white ones can still do okay if they're an exceptional example but everyone really goes crazy for the colors that were made in low single digit percentages, and all other factors equal, they fetch a premium as a result. People go nuts for "cocoa bronze", purple, pearl blue, and gold even though these are among the most unconventional colors around, and the most undesirable when new. Many of them probably got sold at reduced cost because they were sitting on the dealer lot so long.

I think most of this is due to the fact that you simply can't find decent ones for sale anymore. Accidents and decay have further cut what few numbers there were to begin with. I could definitely see this happening for the series blue and yellow cars, and some of the other special editions. The biggest potential issue is they've made so many special editions, you almost have to have one that really stands out, like say, one that's yellow.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #40
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I happen to know about a certain other car community for a vehicle reaching about 25-30 years of age right now. The red/black/white ones can still do okay if they're an exceptional example but everyone really goes crazy for the colors that were made in low single digit percentages, and all other factors equal, they fetch a premium as a result. People go nuts for "cocoa bronze", purple, pearl blue, and gold even though these are among the most unconventional colors around, and the most undesirable when new. Many of them probably got sold at reduced cost because they were sitting on the dealer lot so long.

I think most of this is due to the fact that you simply can't find decent ones for sale anymore. Accidents and decay have further cut what few numbers there were to begin with. I could definitely see this happening for the series blue and yellow cars, and some of the other special editions. The biggest potential issue is they've made so many special editions, you almost have to have one that really stands out, like say, one that's yellow.
Car colours go in and out of fashion all the time. Look at the 50s with the teals and aquas or the 70s with the browns and greens. Those were the majority of what was made through those periods. Colours like pure white or black were the rare editions back then. Silver was almost unheard of on any car other than top line German ones until well into the 80s. Yellow cars now are really not all that rare. Pretty much everybody has some shade of yellow available in their line up someplace.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #41
BaatLuk

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Compared to all special edition BRZ, 86, does the Series Yellow seem less popular or about the same?
BaatLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #42
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Quote:
Compared to all special edition BRZ, 86, does the Series Yellow seem less popular or about the same?
It's The first and only special edition that provides a performance improvement... pre Ts
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imnotsureaboutbrz For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (08-24-2017)