follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2019, 02:27 AM   #1863
Takumidesh
Member
 
Takumidesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 TC
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 50
Thanks: 18
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://datazap.me/u/takumidesh/1022...x=55.85&hg=1-9

Hello all. I am trying to learn more about the internal workings of tuning and what all the numbers mean.

this is a pull from a 'launch' all the way through 3rd gear. I am just wondering if there is anything that should be jumping out at me.

basically, if someone is bored and wants to take a look at this log and help me understand it a bit better, I would very much appreciate it.
__________________
2013 FR-S Grimmspeed Strut Tower Brace .. Spec-D Catback .. Perrin CAI ..
OFT E85 With Stock Header .. Racecomp springs
.8" lowered
2015 TC BONE STOCK BABY
KANSAI DORIFTO
Takumidesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #1864
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,722
Thanks: 996
Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,873 Posts
Mentioned: 544 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumidesh View Post
https://datazap.me/u/takumidesh/1022...x=55.85&hg=1-9

Hello all. I am trying to learn more about the internal workings of tuning and what all the numbers mean.

this is a pull from a 'launch' all the way through 3rd gear. I am just wondering if there is anything that should be jumping out at me.

basically, if someone is bored and wants to take a look at this log and help me understand it a bit better, I would very much appreciate it.

Everything looks ok


Iam 1
Very small amount of knock in lower rpm area


Only thing wrong is its running way to rich for e85 its running low 11 afr should be low to mid 12


Most likely due to perrin intake
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Takumidesh (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #1865
Takumidesh
Member
 
Takumidesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 TC
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 50
Thanks: 18
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Everything looks ok


Iam 1
Very small amount of knock in lower rpm area


Only thing wrong is its running way to rich for e85 its running low 11 afr should be low to mid 12


Most likely due to perrin intake
Thanks! I've heard that you shouldn't mess with maf scaling when running the e85 tune due to the way fuel trims are calculated. Do you think I would be better off going back to the factory intake? I know the Perrin intake doesn't do much, but I like the look and how it cleans up the engine bay (delete the sound tube and all that).

Edit: to add, do you think the knock may be from the launch control?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 FR-S Grimmspeed Strut Tower Brace .. Spec-D Catback .. Perrin CAI ..
OFT E85 With Stock Header .. Racecomp springs
.8" lowered
2015 TC BONE STOCK BABY
KANSAI DORIFTO

Last edited by Takumidesh; 10-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Takumidesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #1866
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,722
Thanks: 996
Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,873 Posts
Mentioned: 544 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumidesh View Post
Thanks! I've heard that you shouldn't mess with maf scaling when running the e85 tune due to the way fuel trims are calculated. Do you think I would be better off going back to the factory intake? I know the Perrin intake doesn't do much, but I like the look and how it cleans up the engine bay (delete the sound tube and all that).

Edit: to add, do you think the knock may be from the launch control?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

I can rescale you maf for a small charge message me if interested.


Knock wont be from launch , it only minor couls jist take out a little timing in that area


As long as ethanol content is stavle you can scale maf on e85
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Takumidesh (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #1867
Xinnie
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Drives: 2015 JRSC FR-S
Location: NorCal
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
https://datazap.me/u/xinnie/car-bogs...&data=30-33-34
This is a log where I'm inputting light throttle to 3.5k.
Is this normal? My car has really low long term fuel trims. Can it indicate an exhaust leak?

https://datazap.me/u/xinnie/cruise-l...zoom=4804-7149
This is a cruise log. Constant low long term fuel trim.
Xinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:38 AM   #1868
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,722
Thanks: 996
Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,873 Posts
Mentioned: 544 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinnie View Post
https://datazap.me/u/xinnie/car-bogs...&data=30-33-34
This is a log where I'm inputting light throttle to 3.5k.
Is this normal? My car has really low long term fuel trims. Can it indicate an exhaust leak?

https://datazap.me/u/xinnie/cruise-l...zoom=4804-7149
This is a cruise log. Constant low long term fuel trim.

High positive ltft usually indicates leak
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:49 AM   #1869
Xinnie
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Drives: 2015 JRSC FR-S
Location: NorCal
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
High positive ltft usually indicates leak
What about high negative?
Xinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:45 AM   #1870
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Location: italy
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 330
Thanked 491 Times in 403 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
High negative could be a vacuum leak near the throttle or anywhere near intake manifold
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:29 AM   #1871
Carlos.z
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: Limited brz
Location: Brea, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
im having a bit of an issue with the car, its a 2013 at brz tunned by james at hri for exhaust and uel header. car is super sluggish until around 3.5k rpm, throttle feels numb i step on the cars and takes for ever to gain any speed.

car ran ok for a while so i thought it was bad gas since i left it sitting for 2 mo while on vacation plus it spent 2 weeks at the dealer for the recall soon after returning, but ive gone thru a few tanks now and even re-flashed the latest tune provided but nothing as changed.
sent a log to hri and said it lookd fine and that nothing changes by its own,

this is just log from the drive home tonight. if anyone sees something odd and could shed some light it'll be amazing,

https://datazap.me/u/21carlos/log-15...?log=0&data=22

https://datazap.me/u/21carlos/log-15...?log=0&data=22
Carlos.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:07 AM   #1872
Boomerang
86
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,130
Thanks: 3,207
Thanked 4,479 Times in 2,025 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos.z View Post
im having a bit of an issue with the car, its a 2013 at brz tunned by james at hri for exhaust and uel header. car is super sluggish until around 3.5k rpm, throttle feels numb i step on the cars and takes for ever to gain any speed.

car ran ok for a while so i thought it was bad gas since i left it sitting for 2 mo while on vacation plus it spent 2 weeks at the dealer for the recall soon after returning, but ive gone thru a few tanks now and even re-flashed the latest tune provided but nothing as changed.
sent a log to hri and said it lookd fine and that nothing changes by its own,

this is just log from the drive home tonight. if anyone sees something odd and could shed some light it'll be amazing,

https://datazap.me/u/21carlos/log-15...?log=0&data=22

https://datazap.me/u/21carlos/log-15...?log=0&data=22



Your IAM is sitting on 0? Should be 1


Wrong def?
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:34 AM   #1873
Xinnie
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Drives: 2015 JRSC FR-S
Location: NorCal
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
https://datazap.me/u/xinnie/check-lo...a=3-4-30-33-34
3rd gear pull 1500rpm to 5000rpm
jackson racing supercharger

does this look normal? I feel like its not getting enough boost and stft and ltft looks weird.
Xinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:15 AM   #1874
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Location: italy
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 330
Thanked 491 Times in 403 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You re floosing your engine with fuel and the air supposed to enter, doesn t arrive
Check for intake leaks, you re probably blowing away your intake charge
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #1875
Carlos.z
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: Limited brz
Location: Brea, CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Your IAM is sitting on 0? Should be 1


Wrong def?
Thanks for your reply since I've been reading about AIM and watching it closely on the ecutek app. It hardly ever went ove 0.70 I filled up at shell and now it sit below .20
Do I have sht tune or really shitty gas around the city?
Attached Images
  
Carlos.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #1876
Boomerang
86
 
Boomerang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,130
Thanks: 3,207
Thanked 4,479 Times in 2,025 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos.z View Post
Thanks for your reply since I've been reading about AIM and watching it closely on the ecutek app. It hardly ever went ove 0.70 I filled up at shell and now it sit below .20
Do I have sht tune or really shitty gas around the city?

If your IAM is really that low you have major knock and the engine is pulling timing.


You may have a bad or incorrect(E85?) tune or you have bad gas or running too low octane fuel for the tune.


Either way 0.2 IAM aint good, 1 is great and 0.7 is stock


Your logs look different, were they taken at different times as IAM is different?


On one log your LTFT is positive on cruising indicating adding more fuel/lean so maybe an intake leak near your throttle body? Check the hoses and clamps around there..


You could take it back to the tuner or send the log with the low IAM

Last edited by Boomerang; 10-29-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGM Supercharged 86 performance data TheGooseman AFRICA 14 12-13-2014 02:15 AM
Interpreting Ecutek Data Logs? cuddefred Software Tuning 3 09-02-2013 01:55 PM
VIR - Impressions/Pics/Logs/Video (Track Daze) swift996 Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 39 08-30-2013 10:21 AM
Noise tube delete air/fuel logs? jm1681 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 13 10-17-2012 05:57 PM
ECU Data Logger Motordyne Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 07-18-2012 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.