follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #15
wrmathis

Drives: no car :(
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Seems to be a huge meet, was just bringing the truck but ill try and sneak my subaru in there too..
Right now I don't think my truck would make it to the meet
Old 09-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #16
littledvl

Drives: 13' brz limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Right now I don't think my truck would make it to the meet

That aint good, I got a bad sound from the front of mine, its driveable as far as I know so my plan is to take it to the meet and see if anyone can tell me wtf is wrong with it, haha
Old 09-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #17
wrmathis

Garage
Quote:
That aint good, I got a bad sound from the front of mine, its driveable as far as I know so my plan is to take it to the meet and see if anyone can tell me wtf is wrong with it, haha
I think I got a busted ring landing on one of the drivers side pistons :/. Found a engine/transmission/transfer case/drive shaft/ecu/harness out of an 08 with 33k miles on it. Which is newer and less miles than my truck. $2250 shipped.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #18
littledvl

Garage
Quote:
I think I got a busted ring landing on one of the drivers side pistons :/. Found a engine/transmission/transfer case/drive shaft/ecu/harness out of an 08 with 33k miles on it. Which is newer and less miles than my truck. $2250 shipped.

Eek, that price aint too bad considering, still not a cheap fix.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #19
wrmathis

Garage
Quote:
Eek, that price aint too bad considering, still not a cheap fix.
No it's not. I'm throwing a p0022 code and my oil is getting contaminated with black shit. I think I have a huge carbon build up or it's dumping fuel past the rings into the crankcase. Also drives like shit until it gets up to operating temp. Dropped oil pan and thought we found chunks of metal but ended up being chunks of carbon
Old 09-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #20
littledvl

Garage
Quote:
No it's not. I'm throwing a p0022 code and my oil is getting contaminated with black shit. I think I have a huge carbon build up or it's dumping fuel past the rings into the crankcase. Also drives like shit until it gets up to operating temp. Dropped oil pan and thought we found chunks of metal but ended up being chunks of carbon

Either way needs to be torn down and gone through, that sucks dude. Im throwing a p0051 code, have had a new upstream o2 sensor on my desk for the past 2 months, just havnt replaced it to confirm that's the issue.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #21
wrmathis

Garage
yeah, im doing alot of other stuff at the same time when i pull the engine. gusset the coil buckets, cam tabs for LCA, new steering rack bushigns, new clutch, throw out bearing upgrade, spindle gussets. going to do all of that while engine is out so we have enough room to get to everything easily. also redo most teh wiring coming from the fuse box.

on teh engine, i puttin new pulleys, drive belt, tensioner, water pump, header gaskets.

figure get everything new put on to start from base.

I plan on selling the transmission and tcase i got with the engine since its an auto and i already have a fj tcase and still have my stock tcase.

the old engine im gonna tear down and see whats actually wrong with it. after that gonna put darton sleeves in and do a forged build but im not going to be in a rush to do that
Old 09-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #22
littledvl

Garage
Yeah I guess if you are gonna do it, might as well do it right and be done with it, definitely sounds like a costly project. Overall are you happy eith your trd SC?

The brz is my first 2nd vehicle so I am willing to tear the front apart and see whats gone bad, just incase its something I cant afford to fix im not in a rush to get it back on the road. I also need to pull my front bumper and toss in my winch iv had for months and gusset the mounting bolts while the bumper is off.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #23
wrmathis

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I guess if you are gonna do it, might as well do it right and be done with it, definitely sounds like a costly project. Overall are you happy eith your trd SC?

The brz is my first 2nd vehicle so I am willing to tear the front apart and see whats gone bad, just incase its something I cant afford to fix im not in a rush to get it back on the road. I also need to pull my front bumper and toss in my winch iv had for months and gusset the mounting bolts while the bumper is off.
ive been more than happy with the S/C altho i have thought about going back to stock on the new engine but cant justify spending 4k and then not using it anymore so im going to put it on. plus swapping everything over which both engines out should be pretty easy.

my FRS is the second 2nd care ive had. i had a 94 trans am 25th anniversary but while i was out of town it got flooded. i got everything cleaned up and it ran fine but i sold it to my dad(he knew what he was getting) and bought the FR-S for better gas mileage
Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #24
littledvl

Garage
Quote:
ive been more than happy with the S/C altho i have thought about going back to stock on the new engine but cant justify spending 4k and then not using it anymore so im going to put it on. plus swapping everything over which both engines out should be pretty easy.

my FRS is the second 2nd care ive had. i had a 94 trans am 25th anniversary but while i was out of town it got flooded. i got everything cleaned up and it ran fine but i sold it to my dad(he knew what he was getting) and bought the FR-S for better gas mileage

Ill be tossing a s/c on my brz in the future for sure, iv wanted to do the tacoma also but havnt been able to justify spending that kinda $$, but I figured if I do the brz I may do the truck around the same time.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
wrmathis

Garage