follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #29
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Easy now there wood. He was stating that the kit was super reliable, moreso than other kits. I wanted to know how is it reliable if it already has had issues.

I trust Robi and I'm glad he's got the kit in the hands of a more reliable tuner, but you coming out swinging implying that I constantly trash products is pretty far fetched. Please show me all of the threads that I had no involvement in that I have cluttered up, and or been negative in. I even came to back you up when someone said you were Gmookher.

I have an interest in FI further down the road, and am trying to garner more information on it.
I'm not gonna dig it up. I appreciate the backup, I would just like to see this thread stay clean without the usual suspects cluttering it up with negativity. If you could help me out I would appreciate it thanks.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EZWood For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #30
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robispec View Post
I wish to personally thank John Visconti for the fantastic tune HE provided us with for the event and the RUN AND HIDE customer service he provided when asked to fix the problem.

ROBI
So the ecu tune problem that people were referring to is due to Visconti and is isolated to America?

The misinformation on the previous threads always confused me as people did not have problems where I am but proper 98 is readily available, sprintex is basically just down the road from me.

Last edited by s2d4; 05-15-2013 at 04:06 AM.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #31
robispec

Drives: Black frs project
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
100 percent tuner caused/related.
robispec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robispec For This Useful Post:
Accurate Race Shop (05-15-2013), s2d4 (05-15-2013), SkullWorks (05-15-2013), WatchmaN (05-16-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #32
Mars2

Drives: GT86, AUDI RS2, VW T5 R32 Vortech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
100 percent tuner caused/related.
You have just sent a time bomb to the King of the ecutek tuning
Mars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes I'm under a non disclosure.
Car will be at MRLS sunday on track.
Install went suprizingly easy. Instructions easy to follow.
Did you happen to inspect the Direct injector seals while you had easy access to them?

I assume your opinion on the performance of the kit is not covered by NDA just the facts about dyno results etc yes?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #34
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
I am in no position to confirm or deny the facts here, I can only posts opinions from a very uneducated point of view.

It boggles my mind that Visconti can tune every single one of the other FI kits without any issues and also provide good N/A tunes, but could not decipher the Innovate kit.

What is so complicated and unique about this SC? I have a completely custom setup on my FI build (which means he cannot get an off the shelf map and send it to me, he had to build it from scratch) and he has been able to provide safe, reliable e-tunes without issues. This all in preparation to live Dyno tuning. The only issues I have had were simple install errors on the hardware side. Again I ask, what is so different and unique about this PD SC that would make it impossible for him to tune right? (Honest question).

Edit: I'm very interested to see how this kit ends up. I know curves looked very good when tuning started, but the numbers were OK, nothing to write home about. Very interested to see how those numbers improve.

Edit 2: I am not trying to defend JV here, I honestly have NO IDEA what happened there. There are a lot of other things that might have gone wrong, my only question is regarding tuning, I just can't wrap my head around at someone saying he could not tune it right and his tune had major issues when everybody else and his body of work has demonstrated he has been able to tune all kinds of setups.

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 05-15-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Calum (05-15-2013), King Tut (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #35
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars2 View Post
You have just sent a time bomb to the King of the ecutek tuning
This forum has a bad case of visconti envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I am in no position to confirm or deny the facts here, I can only posts opinions from a very uneducated point of view.

It boggles my mind that Visconti can tune every single one of the other FI kits without any issues and also provide good N/A tunes, but could not decipher the Innovate kit.

What is so complicated and unique about this SC? I have a completely custom setup on my FI build (which means he cannot get an off the shelf map and send it to me, he had to build it from scratch) and he has been able to provide safe, reliable e-tunes without issues. This all in preparation to live Dyno tuning. The only issues I have had were simple install errors on the hardware side. Again I ask, what is so different and unique about this PD SC that would make it impossible for him to tune right? (Honest question).
It is entirely possible he was indisposed during the shootout, which would leave them without support. The way ecutek works, any other tuner would have to start from scratch which is not something you can do between rounds at an event. This assumes innovate did not do the smart thing an buy the ecutek tuning software so they could have JV tune it using their computer (which would give them full access to the tune). It's also possible they had personal issues.... people don't always get along after all.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
I have personally seen the Sprintex kit, although it's not on a car. My local dyno guy has a good relationship with Sprintex and they are pressuring him to get it on and fitted but he's waiting to finish his N/A stuff finished before he goes ahead and does it. He's had the parts for a couple of month now and he will be tuning it when he gets a chance - I'll also be pestering for a drive when it's done. He's pretty certain it's going to be great fun to drive. To show how reliable he believes it is, he said he was thinking about warrantying the engine after the conversion.

Ps - I'm in the UK

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #37
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I bet it will definitely be fun

I've been using the Vortech Kit for 2 days now and it's a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
I have personally seen the Sprintex kit, although it's not on a car. My local dyno guy has a good relationship with Sprintex and they are pressuring him to get it on and fitted but he's waiting to finish his N/A stuff finished before he goes ahead and does it. He's had the parts for a couple of month now and he will be tuning it when he gets a chance - I'll also be pestering for a drive when it's done. He's pretty certain it's going to be great fun to drive. To show how reliable he believes it is, he said he was thinking about warrantying the engine after the conversion.

Ps - I'm in the UK