follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
scottman

Old 07-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #407
Ahsila

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ahsila Send a message via Yahoo to Ahsila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Meet last night was cool. What wasn't cool was the chick who owns the either the highlighter yellow or Tiffany blue brz talking shit about me driving auto. After her and her friends were touching my car and circling it for like 10-15 minutes.
Wow, ok. I own the Tiffany Blue BRZ and as someone else mentioned, a guy owns the highlighter yellow. Also, as @drewbot mentioned, I owned an auto FRS until March, when a truck made an illegal left turn in front of me, leaving it totalled. I had no plans to get rid of the car, and had to be talked into buying Manual once it was time to buy a new one, so I truly think you have the wrong person, since I really have no reason at all to "talk shit" about someone driving auto. I don't think it's a negative thing, it's a choice, just like colour. I also have strong feelings about touching other people's cars. I don't ever touch anyone else's car, no matter what car it is, how old it is, or how much damage it has on it, unless they specifically tell me to (for some reason) and even then do not feel comfortable since I dislike people touching my car. I'm not sure who you mixed me up with, but I'm confident you have the wrong person.

As for whoever was circling your car and apparently touching it, I'm not sure who it was. I've gone through your pictures and don't recall seeing you, nor your car, so I can't say that I noticed anyone circling it at a meet, but if you were close enough to hear whoever this person and her friends were, I'm sure you easily could have just asked them to stop if it was something you weren't comfortable with, instead of waiting until you got home to post negatively about them on a forum.

I'm sorry someone touched your car, hopefully you have better luck at the next meet.
Ahsila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:32 PM   #408
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
@Ahsila whoa there Annie Oakley. I did confront them. It was ironed out. Just saying that for my first (and last time) making almost an hour and a half drive to get there I had a bad experience with some people who lacked respect. I didn't know what car she was driving, as she vaguely pointed in the direction of her car. No need to get up in arms. A simple "wasn't me" a la shaggy would have been sufficient.

Cheers m8
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
Ahsila (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #409
Ahsila

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
A dude drives the yellow one, I know that for sure.

It's a meet, dude. If you don't expect people to touch and circle your car, then you're at the wrong event. Get a velvet rope.

That being said, she didn't seem very...personable? at the meet last week. Everyone else was very welcoming and gracious, quick to introduce themselves and chat (case in point; Kirill, who drives the yellow one, and his girlfriend. Hope I spelled his name right). Tiff blue girl seemed stand-offish. But hey this is just going by what I observed; I am in no position to make any judgments. Some people would rather keep to the background at meets and let their car do the talking.

Talking shit about driving A/T is not cool though. I mean I personally won't buy an automatic until I'm forced to, but everyone has their reasons and they are not ours to judge.

I can't believe I forgot about the meet last night. I was so tired after a long day of work I just went into autopilot and drove home.

I apologize that I did not seem personable. I will not deny that I do not have the type of personality that gives me the confidence to approach a group of people I know and introduce myself whenever the opportunity arises. I will do it occasionally, but most of the time I am too shy. Further, if I am in a lot of pain and just trying to deal with not showing people that I'm walking like an 80 year old (which happens too often since the accident) I will stay away from the crowd even more. I do apologize if it came off standoffish though, and though I don't entirely know who you are, I will try to say hi next time Thanks for not being judgemental
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahsila For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #410
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Is anyone planning of going tomorrow? I haven't been to one yet and figured I should get off my lazy ass and put some faces to names. @Ahsila don't worry, you're not the only one who is quiet when meeting new people
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #411
Ahsila

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Is anyone planning of going tomorrow? I haven't been to one yet and figured I should get off my lazy ass and put some faces to names. @Ahsila don't worry, you're not the only one who is quiet when meeting new people
Thank you, and I'll be there there's a select few of us that are always there!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahsila For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #412
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
D_Thissen (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #413
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
@Ahsila whoa there Annie Oakley. I did confront them. It was ironed out. Just saying that for my first (and last time) making almost an hour and a half drive to get there I had a bad experience with some people who lacked respect. I didn't know what car she was driving, as she vaguely pointed in the direction of her car. No need to get up in arms. A simple "wasn't me" a la shaggy would have been sufficient.

Cheers m8
Nice Shaggy reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/creepy-cat-peeking-over-bed.gif[/IMG]
You've used that gif twice today. Bad Tcoat!

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #414
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
Nice Shaggy reference

You've used that gif twice today. Bad Tcoat!
My new favorite and will use again (in different thread) most of this crowd doesn't cross over anyway.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #415
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsila View Post
I apologize that I did not seem personable. I will not deny that I do not have the type of personality that gives me the confidence to approach a group of people I know and introduce myself whenever the opportunity arises. I will do it occasionally, but most of the time I am too shy. Further, if I am in a lot of pain and just trying to deal with not showing people that I'm walking like an 80 year old (which happens too often since the accident) I will stay away from the crowd even more. I do apologize if it came off standoffish though, and though I don't entirely know who you are, I will try to say hi next time Thanks for not being judgemental
I'd like to apologize for making that post without giving it serious consideration first. I did not mean to offend or attack. I was going to delete the post after making it, but someone else had already quoted it in another post, so I would have looked even douchier for deleting it.

I don't want to create animosity within the group. I will introduce myself to everyone at the next meet instead of judging from a distance.

Thanks for being civil in your reply, and nice car!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #416
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
This has become the most Canadian thread on this forum. Hahah

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AznKirby For This Useful Post:
Dawan (07-23-2015), drewbot (07-22-2015), D_Thissen (07-22-2015), SLVRSRFR (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #417
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As aggressive as some sound on the forums, I've met most people here and they are probably the friendliest group of young adults ever. Quick to correct themselves and apologize if needs to.
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuya For This Useful Post:
SLVRSRFR (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #418
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
This has become the most Canadian thread on this forum. Hahah

No doubt aboot it eh.
Sorry! I had too
Old 07-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #419
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
BRZWORLD GROUP

Round 2 of the soap opera tonight !

9pm. S/E corner plaza at Dufferin+Steeles between Booster Juice and Wild Wing.

But seriously folks, BRZWORLD is a very close knit friendly group, and in my experience always welcomes newbies.

Rarely someone misbehaves with car noise, but that's usually after everything is closed and the hooner is reminded to behave.
For a responsible mature group they also party hard !! (ask anyone who survives the camping trips) lol

Last edited by RFB; 07-23-2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: fooking spwellink agin
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (07-22-2015), jamies31 (07-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #420
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Calling anyone or the person himself, he came to our Friday meets earlier this year, junior lawyer that drives a five axis red frs? Pm me please.
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote