follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2022, 08:21 PM   #29
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,195 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I got the poverty level '13 FRS.
It has a bezel around the rear view and no blinkety-tech.
That year some had a rear view with glass to the edges and a garage remote adapter in the higher level trim.
My "audio system" is also the pov-spec and I never use it unless parked somewhere waiting for someone else.
It does a job, but it will never be Carnegie Hall levels of eargasm.

I like the seats too.

Glad you like your motorized roller skate.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:06 AM   #30
falcon_wizard

Drives: BRZ 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you do end up wanting more street stopping power down the road, a simple pad change to something life the ferodo ds2500 would be an easily and nice upgrade from stock pads imo. And now that ecutek has released tuning software, within a few months we should see solutions for headers and tune (let alone FI) which should be providing a nice bump in torque at a reasonably low cost, so the day you feel you want a bit more, there should be plenty of options to get it to be the perfect car for you… but truly this car car be enjoyed for years in stock form, as you explore and discover it more… enjoy!
falcon_wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:19 PM   #31
emblem84

Drives: Current: 2019 Audi TT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR View Post
You will finally get to experience oversteer lol.
Oh, this is definitely not my first RWD sports car, so I'm very familiar with oversteer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
I'm with you on that, I enjoyed the Bose system in the 911, I currently have the OEM Audio+ speaker upgrades sitting in the garage waiting for me to find time to be put on.
Where did you snag the OEM Audio+ speakers if you don't mind my asking? Have started buying parts for the car already, and have it scheduled for full PPF and tint next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Brake pedal: Better pads and fluid will make up some of that difference. If you still want a stiffer pedal, then a big brake kit will be the next step. If you want the audi "bite", then the pads will get the job done.

Did you turn off the fake noise?
Appreciate the tips! I have not turned off the active sound control yet, but will be doing so very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it!

I had the OEM Audio+ speakers, GR premium ducktail, and coilovers all here before I even picked up the car! Had it ceramic coated and the front bumper and lights and rear rockers done with PPF within a few days of picking it up.

Still need to drive it more. I've had it two months and it only has 430 miles on it.
Yea, my GR86 just rolled over 800 miles. Still absolutely LOVING this car and have already washed it twice even though it's garaged lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
I got the poverty level '13 FRS.
It has a bezel around the rear view and no blinkety-tech.
That year some had a rear view with glass to the edges and a garage remote adapter in the higher level trim.
My "audio system" is also the pov-spec and I never use it unless parked somewhere waiting for someone else.
It does a job, but it will never be Carnegie Hall levels of eargasm.

I like the seats too.

Glad you like your motorized roller skate.
Motorized roller skate is a fantastic analogy, appreciate that one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_wizard View Post
If you do end up wanting more street stopping power down the road, a simple pad change to something life the ferodo ds2500 would be an easily and nice upgrade from stock pads imo. And now that ecutek has released tuning software, within a few months we should see solutions for headers and tune (let alone FI) which should be providing a nice bump in torque at a reasonably low cost, so the day you feel you want a bit more, there should be plenty of options to get it to be the perfect car for you… but truly this car car be enjoyed for years in stock form, as you explore and discover it more… enjoy!
Appreciate the tips sir!
emblem84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emblem84 For This Useful Post:
OkieSnuffBox (11-13-2022), PBR (11-16-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #32
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emblem84 View Post

Where did you snag the OEM Audio+ speakers if you don't mind my asking? Have started buying parts for the car already, and have it scheduled for full PPF and tint next week!

Direct from them. https://oemaudioplus.com/
I too had a pile of parts waiting for the car to arrive... I've had the car a couple weeks now and am still working on it.
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #33
emblem84

Drives: Current: 2019 Audi TT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
Direct from them. https://oemaudioplus.com/
I too had a pile of parts waiting for the car to arrive... I've had the car a couple weeks now and am still working on it.
Appreciate the link! I'm reading that the Premium has 8 speakers and an amplifier, but looking at the OEM Audio+, it only comes with a 6-speaker upgrade? Does anyone know where the extra 2 speakers are, what size they are, and what the specs on the OEM amp are?
emblem84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:43 AM   #34
LRNAD90

Drives: X5 35d, D90, CX-5 Turbo
Quote:
Appreciate the link! I'm reading that the Premium has 8 speakers and an amplifier, but looking at the OEM Audio+, it only comes with a 6-speaker upgrade? Does anyone know where the extra 2 speakers are, what size they are, and what the specs on the OEM amp are?
There are two 6.5" mid-bass drivers (one in each door), a Mid and tweeter combo on each corner of the dash, and two tiny speakers in the rear trim next to the rear passenger seats, for a total of 8 individual speakers..

The current OEM plus replaces the Door and Dash speakers (6 individual speakers), but will offer a subwoofer and amp with custom DSP tuning soon (like the first gen)..

I don't know if OEM plus will have replacements for the rear seat speakers or not, but shoot them an email, they are pretty responsive..
LRNAD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LRNAD90 For This Useful Post:
emblem84 (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #35
LRNAD90

Drives: X5 35d, D90, CX-5 Turbo
May want to check out these links as well:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148031

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ight=OEM+Audio
LRNAD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:39 PM   #36
Stonehorsw

Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
To be fair, I'd much prefer a linear pedal. Or at least not grabby at the top. And in the Audi, you're comparing fixed calipers to sliding calipers, so the feel is never going to be the same.

Not installed yet, but I've already purchased the front 6 speakers from OEM Audio+. Just waiting for the sub/amp setup to be released so I can do them all at once.
Grabby pedal at the top normally is a characteristic of the Brake Booster, that is called jump-in. This can be adjusted with a little bit of work.

European vehicles tend to have a higher jump-in that gives a sensation of a quick brakes. Lower junp-in is good for better modulation of the braking.
Stonehorsw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stonehorsw For This Useful Post:
emblem84 (11-09-2022), LancePower (11-08-2022), MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (11-08-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 01:00 PM   #37
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,229 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah, like was said, the other two are little 4s I think for the back seat. My back seat will never be used and you want the soundstage up front so I don't care about them.

Not sure about specs on the OEM amp, again don't really care since I plan on replacing it when OEM Audio+ releases their amp/sub package to go with the rest of the upgrade.
emblem84 (11-14-2022)