follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #1387
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
We might be talking about two different things. The unit shown in the link on sale for $525 will be the standard 10 Series head unit included in MSRP. There should be no additional charge. The BeSpoke P3 PIO module is the add-on $625 (dealer cost) accessory that includes GPS and Aha that aren't included in the standard unit.
That is not what the dealer explained to me. He said the 6.1 inch touchscreen is included in the price. The bespoke upgrade with navigation was $1100 before but they have now cut the price in half. There would be no reason to pay $550 extra when the 6.1 without nav and bespoke is included for free. All I know is mine will have nav and bespoke for $550. I don't know what your dealer is trying to charge you a higher amount for unless he has not heard this news yet. Mine just got it today because I inquired due to that link.
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1388
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post
That is not what the dealer explained to me. He said the 6.1 inch touchscreen is included in the price. The bespoke upgrade with navigation was $1100 before but they have now cut the price in half. There would be no reason to pay $550 extra when the 6.1 without nav and bespoke is included for free. All I know is mine will have nav and bespoke for $550. I don't know what your dealer is trying to charge you a higher amount for unless he has not heard this news yet. Mine just got it today because I inquired due to that link.
Great deal! I'd get that in writing. My dealer just sent the final pricing for mine and the P3 Bespoke PIO is shown as $675 dealer cost.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #1389
torqdork

Just got the final details on mine. It arrives Portland POE aboard the American Highway 6/23 so I should be an owner a few days afterward.

It's not the prettiest ship in the fleet but right now looks beautiful. No word on why the car was held in Japan.

The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (06-17-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #1390
SpyderDan
Toyota hoarder

Drives: 10 Series FR-S, 05 xB, MR-S GT-300
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Awesome news, torq!

I wouldn't have guessed that the BeSpoke upgrade would be a port-installed item. I do want it, but now I'm debating on whether I should order it now, while my car is still at the port, for fear that it might delay the delivery.
SpyderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #1391
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
Awesome news, torq!

I wouldn't have guessed that the BeSpoke upgrade would be a port-installed item. I do want it, but now I'm debating on whether I should order it now, while my car is still at the port, for fear that it might delay the delivery.
I was surprised to hear the BeSpoke upgrade was available PIO too. With your car on the ground now, it's probably too late to change any PIO's but wouldn't hurt to ask. They do top notch installs and whenever given a choice always go with PIO vs. dealer installation.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #1392
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brently View Post
I found out from my dealer yesterday that the reasons Canadians are getting shafted on the 10 Series pioneer head unit (as in we are paying for it but our cars are not coming with it) is because it doesn't have French language support.
I rarely ever speak French. Stupidest reason ever. They should have either brought the price down or included the 5.8". So then whats the reason for not including shift knob on Automatics in Canada? Doesn't have colorblind support?

The people at Toyota Canada have to be the biggest idiots ever. I ran into a problem like this on previous vehicles, one I was paying the same price as the Americans but it didn't come with heated steering wheel. They said it wasn't included because customer trends didn't want it. I'm sorry but people in Texas could want this feature but never use it, and I'm sitting there freezing my hands off.

And a even newer related story which has brought me here with you fellows.. I was waiting to get the new 2014 Lexus IS. I was looking into getting a F-Sport RWD, but in Canada, because of the silly packaging they chose, you cannot get a RWD Lexus IS250 or IS350 F-Sport that comes with features I really wanted like Mark Levinson upgraded audio, or LED headlights (not referring to the DRL strip). Other features you couldn't get on F-Sport RWD were Seat memory, Rain Sensing wipers, Ventilated Seats. That's horse****. Plus they ended up raising the starting price $3000+ so I walked across the street to Scion and found out about the 10 Series.

Sorry for rant.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
Brently (06-14-2013), HotLeopardMama (06-17-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #1393
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
I rarely ever speak French. Stupidest reason ever. They should have either brought the price down or included the 5.8". So then whats the reason for not including shift knob on Automatics in Canada? Doesn't have colorblind support?

The people at Toyota Canada have to be the biggest idiots ever. I ran into a problem like this on previous vehicles, one I was paying the same price as the Americans but it didn't come with heated steering wheel. They said it wasn't included because customer trends didn't want it. I'm sorry but people in Texas could want this feature but never use it, and I'm sitting there freezing my hands off.

And a even newer related story which has brought me here with you fellows.. I was waiting to get the new 2014 Lexus IS. I was looking into getting a F-Sport RWD, but in Canada, because of the silly packaging they chose, you cannot get a RWD Lexus IS250 or IS350 F-Sport that comes with features I really wanted like Mark Levinson upgraded audio, or LED headlights (not referring to the DRL strip). Other features you couldn't get on F-Sport RWD were Seat memory, Rain Sensing wipers, Ventilated Seats. That's horse****. Plus they ended up raising the starting price $3000+ so I walked across the street to Scion and found out about the 10 Series.

Sorry for rant.
Assuming you are close to the states (most of the population in Ontario is, last I checked), why not head across the border and purchase a USDM IS?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #1394
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Would then have to pay import fees like duty, excise tax and goods service tax.

Plus correct me if I am wrong. But I am pretty sure that if the car is for example $35,000 and I trade in my vehicle which is what I am doing for example $10,000 so I essentially only pay $25,000. But I would pay taxes & duty on $35,000 worth.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #1395
D4S
Probably Watching F1

Drives: 10 Series FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Does anyone have any info/guesses on when they'll reach the east coast? I was told an August delivery, and now that's starting to sound right.
D4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #1396
torqdork

Once your VIN is issued (dealer will know), it's typically 30-45 days out for Eastern US ports, then add 2-3 days port processing and staging time and 1-2 days in transit to the dealership.
The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
D4S (06-14-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #1397
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I was old end of the month, as in end of this month June.

Even though I am losing prime season driving weather with the apparent delay in distribution the longer the wait the larger my down payment. So, luckily I have transportation as this 10 series FR-S will be a supplement to our vehicle fleet. An 2008 328 Sedan for me, a 2008 Jetta for wifey and an shinny new 10 series FRS for us both to share. Such a happy garage we will have!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #1398
NepeanFR-S

Drives: 10 Series FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brently View Post
I found out from my dealer yesterday that the reasons Canadians are getting shafted on the 10 Series pioneer head unit (as in we are paying for it but our cars are not coming with it) is because it doesn't have French language support.

Just tell me who to point my gun at please. Worst...reason...ever...

I told him when I was a teenager I played Japanese video games and didn't have a problem understanding anything and he just kinda gave me this blank stare like I had super powers.
I'm a little skeptical about this info. I've already seen the new Pioneer 6.1 headunit in a new tC at a showroom here in Ottawa (Tony Graham). If it's good enough for a tC stands to reason it should work for the fr-s.
NepeanFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NepeanFR-S For This Useful Post:
Brently (06-14-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #1399
Brently
Grey Wind

Drives: FR-S 10 Series #0065
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NepeanFR-S View Post
I'm a little skeptical about this info. I've already seen the new Pioneer 6.1 headunit in a new tC at a showroom here in Ottawa (Tony Graham). If it's good enough for a tC stands to reason it should work for the fr-s.
Well, I only know what I am told. Others have also been told none of us are getting the new 6.1" head unit on the 10 Series bound for Canada--my dealer just expanded on that and added a reason. My dealer said the part doesn't even exist in his inventory. I'm seriously wondering now if Scion Canada is just making it a MY2014 thing or something...soooo odd that the tC you saw had it when other sources point to no-- but I'm happy you posted that info! It feels good to be hopeful!

So, my grandma Reynolds was always saying 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' I wish she was still alive, because I'd really like to ask her what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia.--Veronica Mars
Brently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1400
ElZilcho

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4S View Post
Does anyone have any info/guesses on when they'll reach the east coast? I was told an August delivery, and now that's starting to sound right.
After repeated calls and a month of talking to clueless dealerships, I finally hit the jackpot today. My dealer here in South Florida stated he'd be getting a pair of the 10 Series (one each of M/T and A/T) on June 24th, and another pair two to three weeks later. Now, Miami is a massive container port and I'm only a half-hour drive away, but I'd guesstimate no later than late July for most of the East Coast.

(On a side note, this thread has been my nightly go-to source of info for the past two weeks...it's nice to finally have something of value to add to it. )
ElZilcho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElZilcho For This Useful Post:
Brently (06-14-2013), D4S (06-18-2013), HotLeopardMama (06-17-2013)

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86