follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
Autocon

Drives: 2014 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Rattle at low RPM, gone in Park or above 25ish MPH

2014 FRS Automatic

Hey everyone, have this rattling sound when my car is at low RPM, most noticeable when stopped while in Drive. The rattling goes away if I put my car in Park or if I go about 25ish MPH or just higher RPM. Zero issues/sounds when driving on like the freeway and such.

Sound is hard to place exactly where its coming from, sounds maybe slightly closer to the back of the car but honestly it could be coming from dead center.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Probably going to have to take it to a shop but would like to have an idea beforehand.

Thanks!
Autocon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Autocon For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
2014 FRS Automatic

Hey everyone, have this rattling sound when my car is at low RPM, most noticeable when stopped while in Drive. The rattling goes away if I put my car in Park or if I go about 25ish MPH or just higher RPM. Zero issues/sounds when driving on like the freeway and such.

Sound is hard to place exactly where its coming from, sounds maybe slightly closer to the back of the car but honestly it could be coming from dead center.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Probably going to have to take it to a shop but would like to have an idea beforehand.

Thanks!
Could be a part of the exhaust hitting something. Could be a lose under panel. Could be a lot of things -

(maybe the heat ya'll are having down there has melted the motor mounts) -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote