follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
TokyDeku

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vland DRL Wiring Question

Sorry if this has already been answered, I searched but couldn't find a specific answer to this.

So I've got Vland headlights installed with HID's, pretty sure I've wired correctly but the boomerang doesn't function as a DRL. It only turns on with the headlight. But I noticed that some people wire the white DRL wire to the fusebox so its always on when the car is on, but I've already got that white wire tapped into the turn signal. So my question is, would it be fine to just leave that as is and tap another white wire into there from the fusebox? Or should I remove the white tap from the turn signal and send that to the fusebox. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm limited in my knowledge about electrical things and don't want to blow something.

My car's a 2015 FRS, running VLand with Morimoto HID's and a relay harness.
TokyDeku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #2
TokyDeku

Also while we're at it, does anyone know what this is for (from the Morimoto Elite HID Kit)? I couldn't find a logical place it could fit into... But my lights work,so I'm assuming it's extra? Still got me a little worried I missed something
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #3
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tapping it to the fuse box will give it accessory power to turn on the boomerangs while the car is on. Question though, why do you have the Boomerangs wired the turn signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #4
Drifter X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyDeku View Post
Also while we're at it, does anyone know what this is for (from the Morimoto Elite HID Kit)? I couldn't find a logical place it could fit into... But my lights work,so I'm assuming it's extra? Still got me a little worried I missed something

That’s extra.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:55 AM   #5
TokyDeku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter X View Post
Tapping it to the fuse box will give it accessory power to turn on the boomerangs while the car is on. Question though, why do you have the Boomerangs wired the turn signal?

Its what I thought you were supposed to do? This video does it -->

Tapping white to green on the turn signal harness. And most videos that I could find for Vland/OLM installs all do it this way. Only two videos wired the white wire to the fusebox, I didn't fully understand why until now. But since I'm already tapped to the turn signal, can I just keep it there and tap another wire to the fusebox or will that cause issues? Otherwise I'd have to butcher the DRL wire on the turn signal harness to patch the hole that was made by my positap, right?
Old 04-08-2021, 03:49 AM   #6
Drifter X

So you have the white wire from the Vland tapped on the green wire (in the video) and it only turns on when your headlights are on? But to answer your question, yes, I would probably run the white wire to the fuse box instead of tapping the green wire.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:52 AM   #7
TokyDeku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter X View Post
So you have the white wire from the Vland tapped on the green wire (in the video) and it only turns on when your headlights are on? But to answer your question, yes, I would probably run the white wire to the fuse box instead of tapping the green wire.

Correct. That's exactly where I'm at, I followed the video but it doesn't run all the functions the video shows, like the boomerang running as a DRL by itself, not sure why.

Gotcha, guess I'll have to pull out from that green wire and patch it, ah well! Thanks for answering, much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to TokyDeku For This Useful Post:
Drifter X (04-08-2021)