follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #15
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opening the cave to my 4 banger squad. Poor /Fiesta hasn't been getting the same attention lately. I gotta finish paining the inside floor boards glossy white then it's back on the road again .

No offense to any owners but the factory 13-16 wing Imo looks terrible & a bit out of place. Along with the factory euro lights the spoiler was the next thing I wanted to rid from the beginning. I ended up ordered a New "spoilerless" Trunk lid & had it sent out for paint. Slightly off colour but at the same time my car could use a good buff lol. Once the sun fades it / I Buff the rest should be close if not I will get the body shop to re spray once things settle down in the world. Maybe I saved 1lb without the wing lol. Added the STI Badge just waiting for the front one now. What an STI Brz should be for performance in my mind

Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #16
Berserker

Been a bit since the last update. Ended up going with yellow Fog light tints, this is a first for any of my cars. With the white body color & going way back with classic jdm style I said why not? Used the lamin-x kit and it was great quality with good thickness. Would recommend for sure

Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #17
Berserker

First Drag session report.It's been about 6 years or so since I been back to a drag strip. I use to go religiously every weekend with my 05 GT. This past weekend was the season opener for CSCS (Canadian Sport Compact Series) at ST Thomas dragway. Last minute decision friday night I packed up some gear and headed out with the Brz and my cousin with his 12 STI. They have index classes which is on a pro tree, I entered the 14.50 class knowing it should be perfect for my stock hp car. My car has the stock headers, cats, front pipe, catback, stock tune, air box, pullies etc. The only thing I added in hp department was an inlet tube which is minimal at best. I did run stock Primacy tires which are old and hard at this point but I still wanted to see what I could manage with the terrible tires, no hp, & a huge torque dip��

Like mentioned earlier in the thread I have lightened it up already (No rear seats, No spare tire, no pass seat, Bride Bucket, no ac, no radio / speakers, no curtain air bags, & an alum drive shaft rounds it up for weight reduction) I haven't had a chance to weight the car yet but hope to do so soon. With all that being said I ran a bunch of 14.6's @ 97-98mph. I qualified number one on the ladder & ended up going all the way to take the win �� I didn't want to break out, so if I went faster than a 14.50 I would loose.. As the day went on and the track surface got better, I actually ran a couple 14.6's letting off top end @ 93mph to win the rounds and not worry about going below 14.5's. I feel It would of gone 14.5's for sure of better near the end. Being on the stock tire I did full stand still burnouts at 22psi in the tires. I was launching the car at 4500-4800 which I found to be the sweet spot of carrying wheel speed above 5000 rpms but spinning through first & squawking just a bit through 2nd. It was a pro .400 tree so I was more concerned trying to catch a light while keeping the 4500 hanging there as I bumped into the beams. I was almost dumping the clutch just to make it consistent each round. The 60 foots were terrible 2.3's but the wheel speed to the 330 was fair for what I was doing. Once I get it down into the 1.8's-2.0's the Et should drop a ton. I was power shifting every gear driving it pretty hard.

All in all it was a great first outing with the car & I plan to go to the next even in 3 weeks time. For the next round I will be swapping out to my light weight battery, disconnecting the front sway bar (Allowing a lot more weight travel) & probably bring my BBS wheels with the Drag radials to see how fast a Stock hp Brz can go with minimal parts. If I can crack a 14.3-14.4 on the stock tires and a 13.99 with the drag radials I would be pretty happy. A lot of folks were surprised about the car.. 8th gen/9th gen si, audi A4's, GLI's got hammered out here and there My cousin won his 13.00 index with his STI so it was a double Winning weekend for the Subaru Gang! Anyway, here are some pics & time more time slips will be posted tonight.

Last edited by Berserker; 07-08-2020 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Berserker For This Useful Post:
thedollarbill (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #18
thedollarbill

Drives: 13 ZN6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Loving all the STI goodies on your car!! Looking good too bro!!
thedollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thedollarbill For This Useful Post:
Berserker (07-06-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 08:17 AM   #19
Berserker

Scored on a new TRD air box kit, I will be adding this to the pile of parts I already have I will Dei tape the lid before install like I did my oe unit.

I will also be ridding the TRD emblem for a oem STI one

The Following User Says Thank You to Berserker For This Useful Post:
thedollarbill (07-08-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #20
Berserker

Had to throw on my traditional favorite AM sticker For me personally this always meant going bit harder than average as far as thinking outside the box & the commitment to go fast.. Less gross weight, Less rotating weight, going all in for suspension, trying high / higher fdr's, multiple light weight wheels, powershifting, squeezing all the hp you can & using all of 110% out of the platform. Plus it shines real bright after beating a boosted car

After giving both my Subies a well deserved cleaning snapped a quick pic before I went cruising with the brz. You can see on the driveway that my leggy has the dreaded head gasket leak going on probably going to swap with a low km jdm motor soon.

Been searching for a new daily but keep coming up short as of right now. I want either a Manual Legacy wagon 2.5i or GT, 2014-2016 Manual forester or 2012-2014 Manual 2.0i Impreza hatch. I love my Blue wagon but it's autotragic.. but a mint car at that so it's tough.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:13 PM   #21
Berserker

3 weeks flew by for the just past Cscs round 2 event. I couldn't be happier with how the car did. Showed up Saturday to do some testing. I actually didn't change anything since the last event being it's a 14.50 Index class. I opted to give the stock tires another shot to beat the current pb of 14.6. Still spinning through first, bit of second and chirping 3rd and 4th I ran a string of 14.6's and the track was getting a bit better. Super hot 32-35C I decided to swap out my 17's with oem primacys for my 16" BBS set with the 245/55/16 NT555R out back. First run instead of launching at 4000-4200 I dumped the clutch at 6200, had a slight bog & ripped through the gears to a 14.44 @ 95mph. Two runs later I was launching off the rev limiter and did a 14.39 to finish off the day with a 2.1 avg sixty foot from a 2.3 avg. It was spinning just a bit but keeping the wheel speed up & carrying out well to the 330.

The following day was race day. I kept everything the same except I had to try & sand bag at the end of the track to qualify 14.50 or slower. My first two runs were 14.45 @ 86mph with me letting of the gas pedal a few times & tapping the brakes! I did one more with a 14.40 @ 86mph letting off even more lol.. The car was launching harder & better every round getting down to the 2.00 avg sixty foots every run. Driving me a bit nuts because I knew it had a 14.1 or better if I went flat out on sunday. More important to me was going rounds in eliminations & forgetting a pb for now. Being I didn't run below 14.50 I automatically get put as last qualifier on the eliminations ladder. I ended up going every round to the finals to take home the win for the 2nd event back to back 🙂 My last run was a 14.51 @ 81mph so right on the money. The track closed right after so I didn't get to make my hero pass sadly. My cousin also took home 1st in his class once again with his Sti so double winning weekend was for good times.

Going to try & hit up a test & tune day with some good prep & see what it's really capable of in this oem + form It's currently at. I am going to finish off the season being in the points chase because why not Gotta get a lapping day in after the the drag racing is done

Some pics, slips to come

Old 08-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #22
Berserker

Decided to take the "drag / tire set up" around town before I swapped my 17's back on after the track. The NT555R's hook real nice on the street as well, super happy with them thus far for the current state of the car

I somehow lost my 14.3 time slip, but here is one of my qualifying runs where I was letting off trying to hit a 14.5 to try and qualify 1st. On this run it felt so good! My method is power shift 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th and as soon as I pull 4th I started playing with the throttle pedal and brakes.. I let off the most on this pass & still hit a 14.40 @ 86mph when it usually runs 96-98mph full out. I have only been going during elimination race days so when I get a chance next to just go full out and not worry about 14.50 index racing I feel Deep 14's or a 13.99 coming with stock power / tune

Haven't done too much to it since the last event. I did swap out some oe parts for new oe just to freshen things in the engine bay. The original owner drove it through one winter and here in Canada that's all it takes to pit aluminum & rust some bare metal bits. New belt as well along with some 17+ Exhaust tips to fill in the rear valance. The stock tips were killing me to look at lol.. Still on this oem + wagon so for a few bucks figured why not? Did some nice cruising last weekend before the weather turned on us.

The last two CSCS Drag events got pushed to late Sept & Oct so I might hit up a test & tune day before then just to see max effort. In the fall the car will probably go an additional .2-.3 quicker so I will have to figure out some removable weight ballast in order to easily add & remove for race days. Need help slowing down for the 14.50 target for the final events. I would love to take home the points series first year out with the Brz on the wrong track lol Oh and I finally hit 50,000kms

Last edited by Berserker; 08-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berserker For This Useful Post:
Stonehorsw (05-11-2021), thedollarbill (08-06-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 12:53 PM   #23
thedollarbill

Drives: 13 ZN6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Decided to take the "drag / tire set up" around town before I swapped my 17's back on after the track. The NT555R's hook real nice on the street as well, super happy with them thus far for the current state of the car

I somehow lost my 14.3 time slip, but here is one of my qualifying runs where I was letting off trying to hit a 14.5 to try and qualify 1st. On this run it felt so good! My method is power shift 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th and as soon as I pull 4th I started playing with the throttle pedal and brakes.. I let off the most on this pass & still hit a 14.40 @ 86mph when it usually runs 96-98mph full out. I have only been going during elimination race days so when I get a chance next to just go full out and not worry about 14.50 index racing I feel Deep 14's or a 13.99 coming with stock power / tune

Haven't done too much to it since the last event. I did swap out some oe parts for new oe just to freshen things in the engine bay. The original owner drove it through one winter and here in Canada that's all it takes to pit aluminum & rust some bare metal bits. New belt as well along with some 17+ Exhaust tips to fill in the rear valance. The stock tips were killing me to look at lol.. Still on this oem + wagon so for a few bucks figured why not? Did some nice cruising last weekend before the weather turned on us.

The last two CSCS Drag events got pushed to late Sept & Oct so I might hit up a test & tune day before then just to see max effort. In the fall the car will probably go an additional .2-.3 quicker so I will have to figure out some removable weight ballast in order to easily add & remove for race days. Need help slowing down for the 14.50 target for the final events. I would love to take home the points series first year out with the Brz on the wrong track lol Oh and I finally hit 50,000kms
Definitely need to do some engine bay fresh up... thanks for the reminder. Car looking good as always!!

instagram: @sllygoos
thedollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thedollarbill For This Useful Post:
Berserker (08-06-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #24
Berserker

Big update..

The 3rd race of the CSCS 2020 season was good! Made it 5 or 6 rounds to the final but had a crazy double break out in the final round with my 14.15 to my buddy Sham's 14.18 in his RSX. I was letting off a lot to try and keep it slower than 14.5 but the weather was good and the car was just super happy I guess lol.. my mistake regardless so I lost that round but was happy to place 2nd on the podium and continue racking points. For the next race I told myself that can't happen again 😉 I did manage to get a Test pass in the day prior and clicked off a 14.02 @ 96-98mph & a 14.04. Didn't have enough time to get more runs in but super close to that 13 with this oem + set up has me feeling nice.

Fast forward to this past weekend which was the CSCS Finals. 3 Hour drive up to Grand Bend Ontario only to be rained out all day on a cold Saturday. For this Event I added 100lbs to the car so I wouldn't have to let off as much for the 14.50 index. We did manage to get one Qualifying round in and the car hooked nails and went a 14.6 with some slight pedaling top end. That was good for #1 spot on the ladder & was happy with that. After raining on and off all day.. they had a driver's meeting and the decision to finish the race on Sunday was made. Sunday rolls around and the weather final breaks to allow us to finish this race. I managed to go every round to the finals & Secure the win along with the season championship. Super happy with the car, I couldn't ask for more out of this thing for what it has. Every run was a 1.9 sixty foot in eliminations with some throttle pedaling I was in the 14.5-14.7 range which was perfect. As soon as the event was finished, I went for my glory PB run. I ditched the 100lbs & was ready for a full pass no need to let off now. They were shutting down so I was in a rush to get back to the lanes. Bigger burnout, 7200 launch, 7200 power shifting each gear... 14.00 @ 96 mph! Soo close lol.. that's my best pb thus far. Finished on a high & headed home after two long days. My Cousin who started the Series with me also went on to Win his race & Championship in his Pure street class (13.00) with his STI.

All in all it was a great season during a crappy covid year. It wasn't my intention to drag race this car multiple events but it just happened that way. 14.00 Personal best, Three 1st place & one 2nd Place & that's a wrap for this year. Had some good times street cruising as well, hope to do more of that in 2021 as my main goal. I might hit up one last test & tune day this weekend to try and get that 13.9 & storage after that 🙂 Winter updates will be going down.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #25
Berserker

Went for one more outing before the track's start shutting down. The track was prepped really well for this rental day. I did a bunch of 1.9 sixty foots with the rpms dragging down to 3800-4200 on launch from 7200. Slight bog with consistent 14.0-14.1's. The car was feeling all that torque dip through first gear. I kept going harder on the rear suspension and settled with adding 3psi more then I usually do for slight wheel speed but a better 330 foot / 1/4 result.

After a bunch of burnouts & launches We finally got it

Old 11-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #26
Berserker

Without really planning for it I picked up a 13 Frs the other day I have been loving the Eight six life thus far so why not. Has some minor bolt ons, 18" wheels, lowering springs etc. Just needs some nice Tlc to get it where I would like. Going start off by doing the same weight reduction methods I have done thus far on my Brz & slap some lighter 17" wheels on it. I might daily it next year, might track is as well not sure yet. It's not minty minty like my white subaru which makes me appreciate that car even more

I knew there were a lot of interior differences between the two 13's but holy is the Toyota ever basic in comparison

Old 11-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #27
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Went for one more outing before the track's start shutting down. The track was prepped really well for this rental day. I did a bunch of 1.9 sixty foots with the rpms dragging down to 3800-4200 on launch from 7200. Slight bog with consistent 14.0-14.1's. The car was feeling all that torque dip through first gear. I kept going harder on the rear suspension and settled with adding 3psi more then I usually do for slight wheel speed but a better 330 foot / 1/4 result.

After a bunch of burnouts & launches We finally got it

Congrats!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
Berserker (11-09-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 01:50 AM   #28
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage