follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 05-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
JustDoItMikey

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
WTT 1994 BMW 325is Track Car for FT86

NO LONGER FOR SALE

I know this is a long shot but I'm looking to sell / trade my track car to get back into a more comfortable street / track vehicle. That said I'm posting this here as one of the three cars I want to replace this is a FR-S. See the info below and contact me if you are interested, phone or text is the best way to reach me 770-nine 0 4 - nine one 2 9.

Trade car would need to be running and driving with solid engine and drive train. Would have to be manual transmission. If its a properly repaired salvage title, or a little rough looking I can work with that. listing info below.

More photos available.

Well sorted track ready race car “canvass”. Looking to sell this due to a lack of time to enjoy the car and a desire to have something more streetable to enjoy. The car is setup for HPDE and Time Trials use and does great at local Road Atlanta and AMP. I acquired the car mostly ready to race a few years ago and have done general maintenance and some upgrades along the way with the majority of the upgrades done by the previous owner. Car is turnkey ready to go as it sits. The car is old enough to be emission exempt and has all required legal lighting to be street legal and driven on the road.

The chassis is a 1994 325is with an indicated 220,000ish miles. The car has had multiple body repairs done over the years and is not a candidate for a restoration or a show car. The car does have a professional rear half cage welded in with diagonal door bars and can be added to if you wanted to go wheel to wheel racing.

The engine is a stock (no mods other than a tune) 325i engine, I don’t know the history of the engine but I doubt it is the original engine so mileage is unknown. That said the engine runs smooth and has never let me down.

The transmission is from an E46 330 and was swapped out because the original was starting to have shifting issues.

The interior is completely stripped and there is no AC or heat. The only stock interior bits left are windows and motors and parts of the dash.

List of repairs in last 12 months is as follows:
-Radiator hoses, thermostat, clutch fan
-Aluminum radiator
-Valve cover gasket
-Oil filter housing gasket
-Vanos line
-New power steering revisor and hoses
-Corner balance and alignment

List of Modifications:
-Welded in back half cage
-Sunroof delete
-Rivet on fender flares
-Relocated battery
-AKG chassis mounted shifter
-Race Seats
-Racequip 5 point harness
-Solid trans and engine mounts
-Urethane chassis and suspension bushings

-Aluminum radiator shroud and air scoop
-Turner engine tune
-Straight exhaust from cats back
-3.91 differential with LSD
-UUC M5 clutch and lightweight flywheel

-E46 330 Brake Swap
-Braided Brake Lines
-Brass brake guides
-Spare set of 330 rotors BNIB

-ISC Coilovers

The Bad:
-Windshield is cracked
-Stock battery tray rusted out
-It’s a racecar so it’s not pretty-E brake doesn’t work because of the 330 brake swap

Last edited by JustDoItMikey; 06-08-2020 at 12:12 PM.
JustDoItMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rule 2 in the member classifieds posting rules -

"2. You must post AT LEAST ONE picture of the item(s) for sale with a sign included in the photo. On the sign, should be your username, date and the words FT86Club.com on it. It can be handwritten or printed on a piece of paper. No photoshopped signs will be accepted"

I'm not sure why it would've been deleted but fixing this would be a good start. Sweet looking e36, I miss mine with the uuc m5 clutch/flywheel, z3 trans and steering rack swap.

Here are all the rules if you'd like to verify that your post is completely compliant- https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89147
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
JustDoItMikey (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Yeah this thread will die also if you don't follow the rule. You have 24 hours..
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
JustDoItMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Rule 2 in the member classifieds posting rules -

"2. You must post AT LEAST ONE picture of the item(s) for sale with a sign included in the photo. On the sign, should be your username, date and the words FT86Club.com on it. It can be handwritten or printed on a piece of paper. No photoshopped signs will be accepted"

I'm not sure why it would've been deleted but fixing this would be a good start. Sweet looking e36, I miss mine with the uuc m5 clutch/flywheel, z3 trans and steering rack swap.

Here are all the rules if you'd like to verify that your post is completely compliant- https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89147

See that wasn't so hard, much better than just deleting the post without any warning or directions...

Yes I love this thing too, just pulling it out to snap pics made me not want to sell it. Unfortunately I cant justify keeping it for the few track days a year I can do, but a dual purpose car I can justify (and AC I can justify).
Old 05-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #5
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoItMikey View Post
See that wasn't so hard, much better than just deleting the post without any warning or directions...

Yes I love this thing too, just pulling it out to snap pics made me not want to sell it. Unfortunately I cant justify keeping it for the few track days a year I can do, but a dual purpose car I can justify (and AC I can justify).
Actually the warning was posted in your first thread on the same day you made it as well. You just didn't come back to read it in time. (edit: actually it was the next day, but still the time to post said pic was allowed)
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Old 05-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
NotFast

Drives: None... yet!
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:

Your other thread DID receive a warning before it was deleted... I'm here daily and wondered why you removed the pictures and then didn't reply or repost them.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #7
JustDoItMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Actually the warning was posted in your first thread on the same day you made it as well. You just didn't come back to read it in time. (edit: actually it was the next day, but still the time to post said pic was allowed)

Well maybe that is a flaw in the system because once the listing is deleted the person who posted it has no way of knowing why it was deleted because the directions for correcting the issue also were deleted. Sorry I missed the initial warning, obviously I was more than happy to comply.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #8
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
Well maybe that is a flaw in the system because once the listing is deleted the person who posted it has no way of knowing why it was deleted because the directions for correcting the issue also were deleted. Sorry I missed the initial warning, obviously I was more than happy to comply.
If you look at the top of the thread list there is an post called "Members Classifieds Rules - You must read and follow these rules!". The requirement is clearly outlined in that post.

Your decision not to read it first doesn't put any extra requirement on the mods here to handhold you and your thread until it complies.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
JustDoItMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
If you look at the top of the thread list there is an post called "Members Classifieds Rules - You must read and follow these rules!". The requirement is clearly outlined in that post.

Your decision not to read it first doesn't put any extra requirement on the mods here to handhold you and your thread until it complies.

I read the rules, obviously I missed something and never saw that directions were provided before the post was deleted.