follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #1
all4spl

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wiring tidbits

So I am going with Emtron standalone and removing the Factory ECU and wiring. I am attempting a wire tuck and removing the 54 pin connector in the bay and the 4 ecu connectors in the kick panel. My question is, Can I just cut off the 4 connectors and remove all associated wiring with that up to the fuse box (using the fuse box leads for emtron so i have relays and fuses) or does some of the wires need to be connected to something (such as fuel pump control or heater control, etc) Is there ANY need for the wiring that goes to the 4 connectors to the ECU?
all4spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
gtpvette

Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I had a couple of issues when I clipped all of the wires to the AC1 plug. The EFI Main 3 circuit no longer worked when the key was turned on,,, I was using it to supply power on signal to the new fuse box that is supplying power to the motor. Also the fuel pump didn’t work. All I could think of is the ground wires in the ECM from the AC1 plug 34,35,36,37 and 40. I grounded all of them and the EFI MAIN3 circuit powered up and the fuel pump started working. The rest of the wires I just clipped and put shrink wrap on the ends. I’m not sure what else would end up not working if you disconnected the plugs to the ECM.

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtpvette For This Useful Post:
all4spl (03-23-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #3
all4spl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpvette View Post
I had a couple of issues when I clipped all of the wires to the AC1 plug. The EFI Main 3 circuit no longer worked when the key was turned on,,, I was using it to supply power on signal to the new fuse box that is supplying power to the motor. Also the fuel pump didn’t work. All I could think of is the ground wires in the ECM from the AC1 plug 34,35,36,37 and 40. I grounded all of them and the EFI MAIN3 circuit powered up and the fuel pump started working. The rest of the wires I just clipped and put shrink wrap on the ends. I’m not sure what else would end up not working if you disconnected the plugs to the ECM.

That is good info. I will have to look through the book to see what the grounds are for. I'm trying to remove the loom that goes along the firewall. I want it to go from the fuse box, inside the cabin, and run along the inside of firewall to the other grommet for driver side. I will then have a separate bulkhead for my Emtron.
The Following User Says Thank You to all4spl For This Useful Post:
gtpvette (03-23-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
gtpvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4spl View Post
That is good info. I will have to look through the book to see what the grounds are for. I'm trying to remove the loom that goes along the firewall. I want it to go from the fuse box, inside the cabin, and run along the inside of firewall to the other grommet for driver side. I will then have a separate bulkhead for my Emtron.
I looked at the FRS wiring diagram and those wires tie into the ECM. Is there a way to tell what the ECM uses them for???

Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
all4spl

i did find some info in the schematic. If you search the pin numbers, you'll see the use and pathway.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:59 AM   #6
Kurt Sampson

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good day gents, I have fitting ecu master black into my car, I'm looking for the 12v pin coming from the ignition to switch on the management. I have gone through the oem wiring diagram and can't seem to find one if anyone know this pin out on the stand ecu/ecm I would really appreciate it
Kurt Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:28 AM   #7
gtpvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Sampson View Post
Good day gents, I have fitting ecu master black into my car, I'm looking for the 12v pin coming from the ignition to switch on the management. I have gone through the oem wiring diagram and can't seem to find one if anyone know this pin out on the stand ecu/ecm I would really appreciate it
I'm using EFI MAIN 3. That provides switched power to the aftermarket fuse box. Pin 49 from AC1 plug.
Attached Images