follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #239
faz1

Drives: Audi A1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgrover View Post
Another UK noob here.

Placed the order last night: manual, orange, alcantara, touch & go. Due w/c 6 August.
That's thirty plus sleeps!
Thats amazing work by your dealer on the delivery date.

There are members on here who ordered cars last December with later delivery dates than that.

Gonna be some unhappy bunnies around here...
faz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #240
ICantAffordAnLFA

Drives: Brz, Legacy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
got a free copy of autocar when i went into the toyota dealer - your mug is featured in there i believe?!
It is designed to get you to buy a Subaru
ICantAffordAnLFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:58 AM   #241
lordgrover
daidai-iro

Drives: GT86 - 6MT, Black Alcantara, Ginger
Quote:
Originally Posted by faz1 View Post
Thats amazing work by your dealer on the delivery date.

There are members on here who ordered cars last December with later delivery dates than that.

Gonna be some unhappy bunnies around here...
I'm counting no chickens just yet. It's an estimate from a salesman who was trying to win my order. It'll take as long as it takes, I have be a bit zen about it.
lordgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #242
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordAnLFA View Post
It is designed to get you to buy a Subaru

delivery dates for my local dealer was august 22nd, and mid september - they are getting around 30 cars this year 5 have been sold :O

managed to test drive a blue gt - the size felt right, felt comfortable driving it, but im not sold yet - putting my foot down in 2nd didnt give me the kick in the back i think i need

I'd want metalic or pearl paint, leather seats and the nur spec bodykit, which puts me into bmw 135i territory

holding out for a turbo version might be how i play my cards
Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #243
Lauren

Drives: 1985 AE86, 2013 GT86
I popped into my dealer for some AE86 parts. Bless them, they had saved me the GT86 promo posters and had a GT86 in the compound. After a search they found the keys:

Absolutely besotted just about sums it up. I am actually at the launch in Salford this coming Thursday (12th July). The dealer are putting my AE86 in the showroom alongside the new car!

My car:

I think I've followed every stage of the development of this car. Part of the deal for Toyota using my car is that I get a test drive of course as well as some GT86 goodies (I'm building a fair old collection!). If I'm in love after the test drive I will be ordering one of these for late spring 2013 or so.

I feel like I'm obsessed about it at the moment. All I want to check is that it can go nicely sideways round roundabouts in the wet, just like I do (nearly everyday at the moment) in my AE86!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lauren For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (07-08-2012), Infernal (07-08-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #244
Keszki

Drives: GT86 delivered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I popped into my dealer for some AE86 parts. Bless them, they had saved me the GT86 promo posters and had a GT86 in the compound. After a search they found the keys:

Absolutely besotted just about sums it up. I am actually at the launch in Salford this coming Thursday (12th July). The dealer are putting my AE86 in the showroom alongside the new car!

My car:

I think I've followed every stage of the development of this car. Part of the deal for Toyota using my car is that I get a test drive of course as well as some GT86 goodies (I'm building a fair old collection!). If I'm in love after the test drive I will be ordering one of these for late spring 2013 or so.

I feel like I'm obsessed about it at the moment. All I want to check is that it can go nicely sideways round roundabouts in the wet, just like I do (nearly everyday at the moment) in my AE86!
Awesome, more Manchester peeps. When I get my 86 we gotta do a meet, I need to get a side by side photo with the Initial D car
Keszki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #245
David1976

Drives: GT86
I test drove a GT86 in white this morning.

My review is as follows.

The road was damp (what a shame) so it was interesting to get an impression of whether it would go sideways at a roundabout.

I took the car on a mix of roads utilizing the engine throughout the rev range. The car pulls sluggishly from 2500rpm, but strongly from about 4000. From about 5,500 rpm through to it's soft limiter at 7,500 it pulls very strongly and at these rpm it delivers a throaty barky noise through the footwell, not quite VTEC but good all the same, giving the impression of an engine with reasonable tune. Very little tyre or exhaust noise.

Primary ride is very good considering it's a sports car, and it did not have any problems at all coping with bad lumps in the road surface. There were no thuds (as I had in my old VX220). Secondary ride was also fine and reveals plenty of jangly feedback in the steering, which is pretty quick but not hyper.

Through the gears, from say 30-80mph, it has plenty of go - but only if you are in the final 3000rpm. Below that it is pretty sluggish - not that that is a problem per se. Throttle response was good if you give the slightly-stiffer-than-is-the-norm accelerator a hard push.

The interior is very nice in my opinion, save some of the hard plastics on the middle section where the "casio" clock sits. The leather/alcantara seats are mega- gripping quite hard around the waist (unlike many sports seats), the dash is excellent (with wonderful reds lights coming on when you approach 7000rpm), and the knee pads are subtle but a wonderful detail. The doors are also of a high quality and I have no problems with the switchgear quality at all.

The steering is of a very high quality with nice feel and being fairly direct. The wheel also sits fairly vertically and is nicely placed. Pretty confidence inspiring really. The gearshift is an absolute gem. In my opinion it is very, very good, with a pleasing feel when it is slotted home. In fact the only notchy part of the change is on downshift where it can be hard to slot down into 2nd/1st. This may have been because the car was new?

Visability - generally good. Pillars offer no problems, rear visibility is OK, but to be honest I think reverse parking will not be easy. I didn't attempt it back at the dealer. You sit low in the car so everything around you is heightened in a true "sports car feel." I like this - not sure about my wife...

I tried hard to get it sideways. To be honest, even in damp conditions it isn't easy. It will not come unstuck at 4,000rpm at any speeds I did on my test drive. Approaching the dealer on the way back, going left by the roundabout, I can confirm that it will indeed go sideways - but not much. And only because I was in first at 5,000rpm+. I realized afterwards that I had the nannying traction control on. Doh!! Still, judging by the pinging noises when I turned the car off at least I gave it a good go!

Does it feel fast? Not really. But it does feel special; certainly more so than a TT/BMW or anything else at the same price, mainly because it offers a different experience. I remember Jay Leno saying how he admired cars being made with one vision from a single designer. This car obviously doesn't have that but it feels well sorted, like it has been lavished with plenty of attention as opposed to a few engine/seat/suspension hop up's like you get with some manufacturers with their higher priced low/mid range models.

Will I buy one? Possibly. The thing I find hard to justify is £1600 for the upgraded seats. Having experienced them I would want them as they look and feel great.
David1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #246
ICantAffordAnLFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1976 View Post

My review is as follows.

The road was damp (what a shame) so it was interesting to get an impression of whether it would go sideways at a roundabout.

I took the car on a mix of roads utilizing the engine throughout the rev range. The car pulls sluggishly from 2500rpm, but strongly from about 4000. From about 5,500 rpm through to it's soft limiter at 7,500 it pulls very strongly and at these rpm it delivers a throaty barky noise through the footwell, not quite VTEC but good all the same, giving the impression of an engine with reasonable tune. Very little tyre or exhaust noise.

Primary ride is very good considering it's a sports car, and it did not have any problems at all coping with bad lumps in the road surface. There were no thuds (as I had in my old VX220). Secondary ride was also fine and reveals plenty of jangly feedback in the steering, which is pretty quick but not hyper.

Through the gears, from say 30-80mph, it has plenty of go - but only if you are in the final 3000rpm. Below that it is pretty sluggish - not that that is a problem per se. Throttle response was good if you give the slightly-stiffer-than-is-the-norm accelerator a hard push.

The interior is very nice in my opinion, save some of the hard plastics on the middle section where the "casio" clock sits. The leather/alcantara seats are mega- gripping quite hard around the waist (unlike many sports seats), the dash is excellent (with wonderful reds lights coming on when you approach 7000rpm), and the knee pads are subtle but a wonderful detail. The doors are also of a high quality and I have no problems with the switchgear quality at all.

The steering is of a very high quality with nice feel and being fairly direct. The wheel also sits fairly vertically and is nicely placed. Pretty confidence inspiring really. The gearshift is an absolute gem. In my opinion it is very, very good, with a pleasing feel when it is slotted home. In fact the only notchy part of the change is on downshift where it can be hard to slot down into 2nd/1st. This may have been because the car was new?

Visability - generally good. Pillars offer no problems, rear visibility is OK, but to be honest I think reverse parking will not be easy. I didn't attempt it back at the dealer. You sit low in the car so everything around you is heightened in a true "sports car feel." I like this - not sure about my wife...

I tried hard to get it sideways. To be honest, even in damp conditions it isn't easy. It will not come unstuck at 4,000rpm at any speeds I did on my test drive. Approaching the dealer on the way back, going left by the roundabout, I can confirm that it will indeed go sideways - but not much. And only because I was in first at 5,000rpm+. I realized afterwards that I had the nannying traction control on. Doh!! Still, judging by the pinging noises when I turned the car off at least I gave it a good go!

Does it feel fast? Not really. But it does feel special; certainly more so than a TT/BMW or anything else at the same price, mainly because it offers a different experience. I remember Jay Leno saying how he admired cars being made with one vision from a single designer. This car obviously doesn't have that but it feels well sorted, like it has been lavished with plenty of attention as opposed to a few engine/seat/suspension hop up's like you get with some manufacturers with their higher priced low/mid range models.

Will I buy one? Possibly. The thing I find hard to justify is £1600 for the upgraded seats. Having experienced them I would want them as they look and feel great.
Nice balanced review

I have boggo seats in my BRZ and they are the same just fabric rather than suedette!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #247
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
no heated seats on the cloth seats though - i'd definately reccomend them
Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #248
Pickles

Drives: Fiat Abarth 500 SS
I have boggo seats in my BRZ and they are the same just fabric rather than suedette![/QUOTE]

Hi there. Are you pleased with your cloth seats so far? Early days I know, but I'd appreciate your first impressions - I'm a bit concerned that the lightish grey tone of the material might not be as attractive as a darker finish, but I've only seen the leather option for real.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #249
ICantAffordAnLFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I have boggo seats in my BRZ and they are the same just fabric rather than suedette!
Hi there. Are you pleased with your cloth seats so far? Early days I know, but I'd appreciate your first impressions - I'm a bit concerned that the lightish grey tone of the material might not be as attractive as a darker finish, but I've only seen the leather option for real.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think they look good in the car, and I was after a more functional feel inside. Bit more clubsporty, bit less GT.

The core seat pad has a mid grey 'mesh' cloth, with supporting pads/trim in a soft feel dark grey/black fabric, sort of a bit 'felt' like. The overall impact is of a dark fabric cover though.

Either way they are great seats though.

No need for heated seats with fabric!

Will grab a couple of pics later.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #250
Sideways?

Drives: Toyota GT86 - Blue - Leather - Nav
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1976 View Post

Why is everyone so obsessed by going sideways in the standard car??
As I understand it the AE86 acheived its awesome following because it was simple and easy to tune, and a lot of people tuned it to go sideways. I believe Toyota has tried to make options available for the GT86 to be tuned so the base car is good, and then people (in the aftermarket who want to) can tweak it however they like once they get it...

Otherwise, seems a reasonably fair review, I can't wait until I can get a test drive and I can't wait even more until I have my car sat on my drive so I can test drive it whenever I like...!
Sideways? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #251
Pickles

Drives: Fiat Abarth 500 SS
Thanks ICan't for taking the time to reply. I think I'm with you re. the appeal of functionality - seems that cloth will be the non-option for me!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #252
ICantAffordAnLFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Thanks ICan't for taking the time to reply. I think I'm with you re. the appeal of functionality - seems that cloth will be the non-option for me!
se spec BRZ seats

The Following User Says Thank You to ICantAffordAnLFA For This Useful Post:
Keszki (07-11-2012)