follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
CaptivaBlueTeg

Drives: WRB Brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuning Software

What's everyone using? I'm thinking on going with the Tactrix setup with Rom Raiders. Since I'm on a budget this seems like a great route for me. Anyone using this that's happy with it?
CaptivaBlueTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
xxBrun0xx

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Are you planning on going FI? I've always been a big advocate of tuning for power + reliability, but from the dyno tests I've seen, just a tune makes no difference on these cars. Now, if you've got FI, that's a different story.

Also, I've used tactrix + ecuflash/romraider on every boosted scooby I've owned and have been very happy. Datalogging is definitely trickier than it is with an accessport, but not a big deal. That being said, I have read about a "tuning tablet" being developed for our cars. Should be interesting to see what happens with that!
xxBrun0xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
CaptivaBlueTeg

Drives: WRB Brz
Tuning may not make it have more power, I'm more worried about reliability due to leaning with aftermarket parts. FI won't be for a long time for me. But I'm looking at intake and headers, which is safe to say needs tuning. I'm used to Hondata, which is extremely easy to tune on.

But I'm glad to hear the Tactrix setup w/rom raiders worked good for you. The OFT tablet sounds awesome also, but a little more expensive. Hate budget builds haha. Miss my boosted Rsx somedays
CaptivaBlueTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
Ralph Spoilsport

Drives: 2013 BRZ, WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptivaBlueTeg View Post
What's everyone using? I'm thinking on going with the Tactrix setup with Rom Raiders. Since I'm on a budget this seems like a great route for me. Anyone using this that's happy with it?
I have OP2.0/ecuflash/romraider and have it all working on my BRZ.

The limitation here is going to be ECU logic and map definitions. This is an enormously complicated rom compared to anything in the WRX/STi world and there's much that's undefined and unknown.

If all you want to do is d/l the OFT tunes and work from that, this will work. Not as convenient as the OFT, but just as powerful. Excellent, fast logging from stand alone OP2 (20 or 30 parameters at 25 Hz).

If going FI, this approach will be seriously handicapped by not having any boost control logic in the ecu (ecutek is your answer in this case).
Ralph Spoilsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:16 AM   #5
HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

Drives: HONDA, TOYOTA
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I know this is an old post and I'm still searching as well... But what other options are out there other that ECUTek? Or is that just about it? I too am used to HONDATA...
HAWAIICALIVEGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote