follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
zoomswimmer

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 1986 AE86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SoCal Subaru Dealer for OEM Parts

Which Subaru dealer is the go to for parts in SoCal? I'm looking to replace a bunch of my suspension nuts and bolts (I've got the part numbers).

I'm in the South Bay area and sent an email to Pacific Subaru, but they seem to be struggling with answering if they have the parts in stock or if they need to order them.

What's everyone's recommendation?

Thanks!
zoomswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 12:35 PM   #2
TAKECLEAR_86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 Halo
You're probably better off calling. It should not be hard for them to tell you it's either in stock or not at all if you have part #'s.
TAKECLEAR_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TAKECLEAR_86 For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (04-22-2023), zoomswimmer (04-21-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 10:57 PM   #3
Smaay

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have found that toyota has been cheaper than subaru.
Smaay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smaay For This Useful Post:
zoomswimmer (04-21-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 12:57 AM   #4
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Most things will be special order, shipped from warehouse; can take anywhere from 2 days to a couple of weeks (usually averages 3-4 business days for common things). The OEM part network is massive and pretty efficient; you'll only run into trouble if there is some kind of shortage or supply chain issue.

I have no specific loyalty. My recommendation is to cross-shop Toyota and Subaru to see who has better prices. Toyota has a slightly better/more available online parts system and local-dealer discounts. Subaru local-dealer discounts often aren't as aggressive percentage wise, but sometimes the base prices are simply better through Subaru (most parts sold by Toyota come from Subaru with a Toyota label slapped over it). It's usually free to order online and pick-up in person, with paid shipping to your door as an option.

You can even try online Subaru/Toyota parts stores "subaru online parts, toyota parts warehouse, other generic name": they are usually just dealerships operating an online parts distribution business on the side. Prices are often lower, but you have to pay for shipping and returns are harder. However, if you have a large order of items you can usually save a dollar even with ship costs.

https://parts.subaru.com/
https://parts.toyota.com/
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
zoomswimmer (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 04:17 PM   #5
tarzan_nojane

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
McKenna Subaru in Huntington Beach offers decent discounts on their website - I live in Long Beach so I do will call.
tarzan_nojane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tarzan_nojane For This Useful Post:
zoomswimmer (04-21-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 11:38 AM   #6
captain_reverse

Drives: 2015 brz premium
I've had decent luck with Frank's Subaru of Irvine - (actually in lake forest).
Humane touch and friendly to talk with.
Dealing with Toyota has been a pain, despite the lower online prices.
captain_reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to captain_reverse For This Useful Post:
zoomswimmer (04-24-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 PM   #7
Steves_nuts

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
I order from SubaruParts. It was cheaper for the items I wanted just took awhile to get the items to ship. Almost 2 weeks.
Steves_nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:34 AM   #8
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
Most things will be special order, shipped from warehouse; can take anywhere from 2 days to a couple of weeks (usually averages 3-4 business days for common things). The OEM part network is massive and pretty efficient; you'll only run into trouble if there is some kind of shortage or supply chain issue.

I have no specific loyalty. My recommendation is to cross-shop Toyota and Subaru to see who has better prices. Toyota has a slightly better/more available online parts system and local-dealer discounts. Subaru local-dealer discounts often aren't as aggressive percentage wise, but sometimes the base prices are simply better through Subaru (most parts sold by Toyota come from Subaru with a Toyota label slapped over it). It's usually free to order online and pick-up in person, with paid shipping to your door as an option.

You can even try online Subaru/Toyota parts stores "subaru online parts, toyota parts warehouse, other generic name": they are usually just dealerships operating an online parts distribution business on the side. Prices are often lower, but you have to pay for shipping and returns are harder. However, if you have a large order of items you can usually save a dollar even with ship costs.

https://parts.subaru.com/
https://parts.toyota.com/
This is the way.

I check both sites, then punch in my zip code, see the first set of dealers I'm willing to drive out to for parts.

Each part number will have discount at one and often not the others. No one dealer is always cheaper. I've been down to Tustin, up to Long Beach, and down to Huntington Beach.

I'm preparing to contact my buddy to ask him to pick up some parts for me out in Claremont (because he lives near there and comes down to OC regularly).

That being said, the toyota's servers have been down all day.