follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #7421
Kriz

Drives: 2015 red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello all! I am from the SF bay area and got my 15' FR-S last year. No mods yet, and I am still having fun driving it everyday!
Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriz For This Useful Post:
Shadeslayer (10-11-2017), Tcoat (09-30-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #7422
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Drives: 2016 Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryinBerries View Post
Previous owner may have just swapped the headlights. Registration and dealership ad said 2013. Definitely not monogram.. I have the head unit that looks like a calculator lol. @Overdrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to dig this out of the dust, @FryinBerries, totally missed your reply from back then. I'm still curious about the lights, but you could be right that they're an aftermarket set. They just look very much like the OEM lights that came on the special editions and in other parts of the world. Still a much better look to me than the base lights either way. Hope you're enjoying it.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #7423
IG-88A

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just saying hello!

I bought my FR-S in July, and honestly its my favorite car I have ever owned and in the top 3 of cars I have driven. I love this thing. Anyway, just saying whats up.
Attached Images

IG-88A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IG-88A For This Useful Post:
Overdrive (09-19-2017), Shadeslayer (10-11-2017), Tcoat (09-30-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #7424
stranger things
The Upside Down

Drives: '13 FR-S
Welcome @IG-88A
stranger things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #7425
AskDerek

Drives: daily 86 and C30 racecar
New guy here, used 2013 frs (stock) for daily driving....

Pssssshhhh, it is my daily but I have already made a handful of mods. Will be posting oem parts soon.

Hope to get acquainted with all ins and outs here.

My other car is a Volvo ��
https://flic.kr/p/XFnMdc
https://flic.kr/p/YDWfN1
https://flic.kr/p/VFoKsv
AskDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AskDerek For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-30-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #7426
jrockdinio

Drives: 2017 black toyota 86
Hey guys, Im new to the forum, new 2017 toyota 86 for daily driving. Let me know if you are around the Va beach or Norfolk area!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
jrockdinio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrockdinio For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-30-2017), trvth (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #7427
Miguelgomez

Drives: 2016 FRS
Hi guys. I have a question if some one can help me out. I've been looking into headers lately and I wanted to know if "Agency Power" is any good. Thanks
Miguelgomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:19 AM   #7428
nkobns

Drives: Sideways
Hi !

Sorry, no clue about agency headers... Just coming to say Hi as a brand new member of this forum.
I apologize for not having read the 530 previous pages.

I am French, driving a lot, grip, powerslide, drift & track junky and about to buy a 17' GT86 pretty soon if i manage to keep myself away from those used 997 carrera S that are well below the 40,000€ mark...

That looks like a veeery nice forum, heads up to its team !
nkobns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nkobns For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #7429
CraigVM

Drives: Car Collector
New here from the Pacific NW ... and may set some records here

Just found this forum after picking up a 2013 FRS which has an identity crisis. By that I mean the dealership had it listed as a FRS but previous owner did the re-badge thing making it look like a GT-86.
By "setting some records here", I mean that at 55 perhaps I am now the oldest forum member. The fact that I was inspired to buy a FRS after driving a Yaris, perhaps I have the record for "Strangest Motivation to buy a FRS" on the forum. For the last couple of decades I have only had practical vehicles which got me from A to B and could carry work related materials so we are talking vans and trucks. I bought a little 2-door Yaris for my daughter last year. After driving it back from the dealer, I had forgotten what it was like to drive something small and kind of nimble "by comparison" any way. Lastly, under the hood, I may have the cleanest 4+ year old FRS in existence. Friends who are in the auto / auto repair industry expect the odometer to say 38 miles vs it's 38K reading after inspecting the engine compartment.

Very much looking forward to learning from those here which really seem to know these things in and out.
CraigVM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigVM For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 11:45 AM   #7430
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVM View Post
Just found this forum after picking up a 2013 FRS which has an identity crisis. By that I mean the dealership had it listed as a FRS but previous owner did the re-badge thing making it look like a GT-86.
By "setting some records here", I mean that at 55 perhaps I am now the oldest forum member. The fact that I was inspired to buy a FRS after driving a Yaris, perhaps I have the record for "Strangest Motivation to buy a FRS" on the forum. For the last couple of decades I have only had practical vehicles which got me from A to B and could carry work related materials so we are talking vans and trucks. I bought a little 2-door Yaris for my daughter last year. After driving it back from the dealer, I had forgotten what it was like to drive something small and kind of nimble "by comparison" any way. Lastly, under the hood, I may have the cleanest 4+ year old FRS in existence. Friends who are in the auto / auto repair industry expect the odometer to say 38 miles vs it's 38K reading after inspecting the engine compartment.

Very much looking forward to learning from those here which really seem to know these things in and out.
Well on this forum 55 puts you at the low end of the old guy scale. You would probably be shocked at how many of the regulars here are well above that. There are even some that are older than dirt.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102562

Your reason for buying is also very common since many seem to have come from the Yaris.

You may be among the cleanest but unless you take parts out and polish them there are guys here that will be even cleaner. There are some show cars on here that will hurt your eyes in the brilliance of their engine bays.

Pretty hard to be the first at anything on this forum.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #7431
CraigVM

Drives: Car Collector
No doubt your right....

No doubt your right on all accounts. I am glad that there are others here like myself who have also seen the transformation of Toyota and Subaru over the years .... first hand.
CraigVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #7432
Roth

Drives: 2013 Gt86
New here, just bought a '13 Gt86.
I'm Richard, from Norway (Sunnmøre region). Got the gt86 as I wanted a decent car to drive daily. "My" daily drive is on wonderful coast roads, with no traffic (I mean, zero) and that's why the toyobaru was on top of the wish-list. By far the funniest car I've owned, and one of the best I've driven. So it makes me enjoying waking up to go to job
It's black, bone stock except for the jbl sound system. Still with the original tires, as the previous owner has driven only 15000km (less than 10k miles). Got a set of winter-studded tires too, which is a must-have here in Norway. Snow is quite serious here

I've got the annoying rattleing from the windows-switches (both doors) and the door seal issue, which will be replaced in warranty shortly.

Good to be here, greetings to everyone
Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
Overdrive (10-02-2017), Tcoat (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #7433
Overdrive
Sittin' Sideways

Drives: 2016 Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome. I sure wish I had a commuting route like yours. It's what this car was meant to drive on. Enjoy.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #7434
DustyRags
Idiot

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Garage
Heyo, new kid in Oakland. I just picked up a pristine '13 FRS with 60k miles in white (no, seriously, it looks new). Pretty much stock except for a subwoofer, BRZ headlight bulbs, and an oil drain spigot. Never used one of those, but they look cool. Prior to this I had a '98 Cherokee for two months (HATED it), and a Mazda Miata before that. Really good to be back in a proper car again.

No major mod plans at the moment. It'll need tires soon, so I'm investigating what direction to go there- possibly something with a higher sidewall because the streets around here are trash. I'm also ogling the OFT tuning kits... there's an E85 station not far from where I live, would be nice to run that.
DustyRags is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DustyRags For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-11-2017)

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo