follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2020, 11:08 PM   #15
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Allow me to throw my two cents in the ring since thankfully this thread hasn't blown up into a shitstorm just yet:

Over a couple of months ago my folks were involved in a serious crash while sitting at an intersection on a red light. They were hit from behind by an SUV, which in turn was hit by a white Civic driven by a DUI driver going at least 80+ MPH, and by the looks of things, never even used his brakes before slamming right into the back of the SUV. They survived - unscathed, and I know this because they called me to let me know they were in an accident.

The sad tragedy of it is, the reason why they may have survived was because that SUV served as a buffer - it took most of the impact to the point the entire rear end was twisted downwards. The driver of the SUV - a female woman in her late 50s - died shortly after at the hospital. Her injuries were too grave. She died simply because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time; imagine being thrown forward and then immediately striking an object at a high rate of speed. I can't say for sure that's exactly what happened but given the crash photos at the time I'd say something close to what I just described occured at that point in time.

The driver was on drugs (not weed or alcohol per se, but a DUI is a DUI) and was arrested and charged. I'm not exactly sure of the charges, but to the best of my knowledge, it was most likely manslaughter. He later committed suicide by drug overdose. Guy was pretty young too, about 27 at the time.

I myself nearly lost my car and probably my life back in 2018 - when a DUI driver (also on drugs) crashed into a light pole on the freeway. It was by sheer luck that the light pole missed my car - and more importantly myself - by probably just 1 or 2 feet. Didn't even notice the light pole falling on me at the time when I was trying to pull over to help the guy.

I'm glad my folks are still here, but I'm sad that somebody else had to die because of another's foolish decision, and that her family had to deal with the grief and loss instead. I'm letting you know now that a DUI charge is a slap on the wrist compared to what happened to that guy, and I'm hoping that you'll see it as a wake-up call before you ever decide to drive under the influence again - under any kind of substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by still2slik View Post
thankyfully, they dont have sobriety test devices for weed yet
Another thing - I understand you may just be joking, but it's in rather poor taste to joke about something like this after having just admitted to being convicted of a DUI. Come on, dude.

It's way off-topic, but I really hope you and anybody else reads this and thinks not twice, not thrice, but as many times as it takes before driving under any kind of influence, before somebody else loses their life to your decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (10-17-2020), churchx (08-10-2020), FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-10-2020), Hadalet (08-18-2020), JBezugs (08-21-2020), Jdmjunkie (08-10-2020), meWant (08-30-2020), Spuds (08-12-2020), SUSPECT_BRZ (08-11-2020), vintagemxer (08-13-2020), WildCard600 (08-11-2020), wparsons (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 06:34 AM   #16
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for sharing your story @KR-S, I hope people read it and realize just how foolish it is to drive under the influence. Impound fees, lawyer fees, insurance fees, sure most people can live with that...killing someone, good luck with that. That stays with you forever.
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SUSPECT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-12-2020), Jdmjunkie (08-11-2020), KR-S (08-14-2020), wparsons (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 07:50 AM   #17
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Many many people died. They killed themselves, they killed others. Is it worth that? You get caught again you will lose your license and you might never get it back. Is it worth that?
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-12-2020), Jdmjunkie (08-11-2020), KR-S (08-14-2020), wparsons (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #18
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Many many people died. They killed themselves, they killed others. Is it worth that? You get caught again you will lose your license and you might never get it back. Is it worth that?
OP seems to think it is.
PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetrolioBenzina For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-12-2020), wparsons (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #19
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
That’s rude, man. Would you really say that to him if you were standing in front of him instead of writing that from behind a phone or computer screen?

100% would. Guy admits to a DUI and needing an breathalizer in his car to be able to drive, then basically says he still drives high.

Just for clarity, here's why you'd end up with a device like that. They don't force everyone with a single offense to have one.

Quote:
You will be subject to Ontario's Ignition Interlock Program if you are:
  • convicted of an impaired driving-related offence under the Criminal Code of Canada
  • suspended three or more times within a 10-year period for any combination of:
    • driving with a BAC above zero while you are 21 years and under;
    • driving with the presence of a drug while you are 21 years and under;
    • driving with a BAC above zero while you are a novice driver;
    • driving with the presence of a drug while you are a novice driver;
    • driving with a BAC above zero while you are a commercial driver operating a commercial vehicle;
    • driving with the presence of a drug while you are a commercial driver operating a commercial vehicle;
    • driving with a BAC above 0.05 (“warn range”);
    • driving with a BAC 0.08 and above (“legal limit”);
    • failing or refusing to comply with a demand for alcohol or drug testing; and
    • driving impaired by a drug or a combination of a drug and alcohol
If you want to drive after your licence is reinstated, you must have an ignition interlock device installed. You will need to register with an approved interlock service provider to have the device installed. It must be inspected regularly by the service provider.
If you choose not to install an interlock device, you must not drive until the condition is removed from your licence.
Eligible drivers convicted for a first-time or second-time alcohol impaired driving-related offence under the Criminal Code may be able to reduce their licence suspension as part of the Reduced Suspension with Ignition Interlock Conduct Review Program

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/saf...-program.shtml

So he's either had 3 offences, or a serious enough one to also be charged under the criminal code.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
KR-S (08-14-2020), why? (08-12-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #20
anodic

Drives: Halo frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

OP is one of those selfish pricks that only has the capacity to think of themselves. He's also probably the same guy who races to the end of merge lanes to save 2.7 seconds on his commute and doesn't let anyone merge in either.

As for the other guy who asked me if I'd call him an asshole if this was real life, fuck yes I would. I have no time for fuck sticks who can't learn from their lesson, and I'd gladly let him know just how I feel if I ever met him in real life.
anodic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anodic For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (10-17-2020), why? (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 01:56 AM   #21
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
100% would. Guy admits to a DUI and needing an breathalizer in his car to be able to drive, then basically says he still drives high.

Just for clarity, here's why you'd end up with a device like that. They don't force everyone with a single offense to have one.

So he's either had 3 offences, or a serious enough one to also be charged under the criminal code.

That's absurd if he's touting that online about doing drugs and honestly law enforcement could be notified anonymously if need be. But are you sure he isn't doing the reduced sentence review program?:

I mean we all know this guy is being dumb but still it could be that program instead no?
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
why? (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 06:22 AM   #22
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
That's absurd if he's touting that online about doing drugs and honestly law enforcement could be notified anonymously if need be. But are you sure he isn't doing the reduced sentence review program?:

I mean we all know this guy is being dumb but still it could be that program instead no?

Have you ever met anyone that would do that voluntarily?
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:58 PM   #23
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Have you ever met anyone that would do that voluntarily?

Here in PA there are tons of ARD type programs like that and as such that means your spending less time with probation or whatever punishment as well as it gets expunged or hidden on your record. I do know a lot of my ex college friends that did something like that and were able to get jobs and such as it didn't appear on background checks for non violent cannabis based offenses.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
why? (08-13-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #24
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post

His license wouldn't have been suspended for any serious length of time (to justify the interlock), unless it was 3 offenses or 1 (or more) serious enough to be charged under the federal criminal code.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/saf...-driving.shtml

Quote:
Penalties for impaired driving

If police determine that you are driving while impaired you will face penalties immediately. You will also face additional consequences later if you are convicted in court. The penalties you face can vary depending on your age, licence type, the amount of alcohol or drugs in your system, and how many times you have been convicted.
Immediate Penalties

Penalties for a BAC in the Warn Range, Failing a Standardized Field Sobriety Test or Violating Zero Tolerance

If your blood alcohol concentration is 0.05 or higher, you fail a roadside sobriety test or you violate the zero tolerance requirements for young, novice and commercial drivers that begin on July 1, you will face:
First offence
  • 3-day licence suspension. This cannot be appealed.
  • $250 penalty
Second offence within 5 years
  • 7-day licence suspension (3-day suspension for commercial drivers). This cannot be appealed.
  • $350 penalty
  • You must attend a mandatory education program (for a second occurrence within 10 years)
Third and subsequent offences within 5 years
  • 30-day licence suspension (3-day suspension for commercial drivers). This cannot be appealed.
  • $450 penalty
  • You must attend a mandatory treatment program (for third and subsequent offence within 10 years)
  • You will be required to use an ignition interlock device for at least six months (for third and subsequent offence within 10 years)
  • You will need to undergo a mandatory medical evaluation to determine whether you meet the requirements for driving in Ontario (for fourth and subsequent offence within 10 years).
In addition to the penalties above, you will also face a $281 licence reinstatement fee each time your licence is suspended. Young or novice drivers may also be charged under the Highway Traffic Act and if convicted, you will face an additional suspension and fine.
Penalties for a BAC Over the Legal Limit, Refuse Testing or Impairment

If you refuse to take a drug or alcohol test, you register a BAC over 0.08 or if a drug recognition evaluator determines that you are impaired, you will face:
  • 90-day licence suspension
  • 7-day vehicle impoundment
  • $550 penalty
  • $281 licence reinstatement fee
  • You must attend a mandatory education or treatment program (for second and subsequent occurrences within 10 years)
  • You will be required to use an ignition interlock device for at least 6 months (for third and subsequent occurrences within 10 years)
Additional Penalties if Convicted in Court

If you are a young or novice driver convicted in court for violating the zero tolerance requirements for drugs and/or alcohol, your driver's licence will be suspended again for at least 30 days and you will receive an additional $60-$500 fine.
No matter what age or licence you have, if you are convicted criminally of impaired driving in court, you can face additional fines and jail time, plus:
First offence
  • Licence suspension of at least 1 year
  • You must attend a mandatory education or treatment program
  • Requirement to use an ignition interlock device for at least 1 year
  • You will need to undergo a mandatory medical evaluation to determine whether you meet the requirements for driving in Ontario
Second offence within 10 years
  • Licence suspension of at least 3 years
  • Requirement to use an ignition interlock device for at least 3 years
  • You will need to undergo a mandatory medical evaluation to determine whether you meet the requirements for driving in Ontario
Third or more offence within 10 years
  • Lifetime licence suspension, which may be reduced after 10 years if you meet certain criteria
  • Requirement to use an ignition interlock device for at least 6 years
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-14-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #25
still2slik

Drives: 2017 Brz
This seems to have gotten out of hand. I apologize if i had offended anybody. I understand some people have been tragically effected by DUI's and i feel for your loss. just about a month ago a mother and three daughters were killed due to a DUI. My heart goes out to the hustband/father. I cant imagine what he must feel. His entire family wiped out in an instant.

background: i blew 0.9 while the limit was 0.8. I woke up to go to work and still had alcohol in my system. The officer said, if i had waited 20 minutes, i would have beat the breathalyzer, and its truee, you eventually learn the blood alcohol limits and dolution levels in the `Back on track` program the ontario government makes you take if you have a DUI.

Ever since my DUi i actually stopped drinking all together. last time i drank was 4 months ago for a friends engagement. And the weed comment was a joke, as a first time poster i was trying to be funny and social, in regards to the canadian federal law and society just beginning to legalize marijuana. I understand i may have crossed the line, and i apologize for the insensitivity.

Guys, some people here have assumed the worst of me and already called me names. If you had met me in real life, you would trust me with your house alone. I think you guys need to re-evaluate how you communicate, judge, and put down others. I completely agree with not drinking while driving, but i also agree with not bullying people. As i have recently learned first hand, words affect people more than you may thing. Everyone likes to act strong on the outside. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. A great community i was looking forward to meeting.

P.S. i thought this would have been a very unique and informative post for anyone in a future similar situation as me. Maybe it still can be.

stay safe guys.
still2slik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to still2slik For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (10-17-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 08:27 AM   #26
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
This seems to have gotten out of hand. I apologize if i had offended anybody. I understand some people have been tragically effected by DUI's and i feel for your loss. just about a month ago a mother and three daughters were killed due to a DUI. My heart goes out to the hustband/father. I cant imagine what he must feel. His entire family wiped out in an instant.

background: i blew 0.9 while the limit was 0.8. I woke up to go to work and still had alcohol in my system. The officer said, if i had waited 20 minutes, i would have beat the breathalyzer, and its truee, you eventually learn the blood alcohol limits and dolution levels in the `Back on track` program the ontario government makes you take if you have a DUI.

Ever since my DUi i actually stopped drinking all together. last time i drank was 4 months ago for a friends engagement. And the weed comment was a joke, as a first time poster i was trying to be funny and social, in regards to the canadian federal law and society just beginning to legalize marijuana. I understand i may have crossed the line, and i apologize for the insensitivity.

Guys, some people here have assumed the worst of me and already called me names. If you had met me in real life, you would trust me with your house alone. I think you guys need to re-evaluate how you communicate, judge, and put down others. I completely agree with not drinking while driving, but i also agree with not bullying people. As i have recently learned first hand, words affect people more than you may thing. Everyone likes to act strong on the outside. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. A great community i was looking forward to meeting.

P.S. i thought this would have been a very unique and informative post for anyone in a future similar situation as me. Maybe it still can be.

stay safe guys.
I typically never jump into these conversations as I have little to no interest in internet wars. But to make it clear, you were a first time poster. We are not your best friends here, so no, there is no reason for us to trust you yet. If you understand how judgment of people works on the internet, then it should be quite clear to you that making such jokes with no explanations would likely lead to what you've experienced in this thread. So rather than taking praise for yourself that you are a "good" person as you seem to be trying to make yourself out to be, a simple apology and explanation would be in your best interest. Moral of what I'm trying to say is, don't blame the community for mistakenly assuming you have done wrong when all the information you have given us, is that you have done wrong. You should know better than to introduce yourself to a community on the internet by making an unclear joke about being under the influence while driving.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (09-01-2020), KR-S (09-01-2020), SUSPECT_BRZ (09-04-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 09:38 AM   #27
still2slik

Drives: 2017 Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
I typically never jump into these conversations as I have little to no interest in internet wars. But to make it clear, you were a first time poster. We are not your best friends here, so no, there is no reason for us to trust you yet. If you understand how judgment of people works on the internet, then it should be quite clear to you that making such jokes with no explanations would likely lead to what you've experienced in this thread. So rather than taking praise for yourself that you are a "good" person as you seem to be trying to make yourself out to be, a simple apology and explanation would be in your best interest. Moral of what I'm trying to say is, don't blame the community for mistakenly assuming you have done wrong when all the information you have given us, is that you have done wrong. You should know better than to introduce yourself to a community on the internet by making an unclear joke about being under the influence while driving.
Seems like you have a lot of extra time to put your two cents in on these internet wars that you usually dont engage in. I'm guessing you lost your job and have extra time due to covid. Extra pressure and stress from your family from not fulfilling your duties to pay rent must be stressful huh? Is that why you're here putting your two cents I to something you usually dont? Into a post where I apologized and expressed my intent of keeping it educational for future inquirers

See what I did there? I made assumptions without even entertaining the possibility of other scenarios and jumped straight to my own conclusions. "The internet". Take care guys. Treat each other kindly.

Moral of this post: dont make assumptions guys. And I apologize for being insensitive to a sensitive topic. Let's close off the arguments please. It is unnecessary.
still2slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #28
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

stay safe guys.
Thanks for clarifying. My brothers car was just hit two weeks ago by a drunk driver and he rolled 2 times, fortunately no injuries.

Be safe dude. Try not to be completely blazed and drive as it most definitely affects you and your reaction times. I recently had to have discussions with a friend that gets completely blazed and drives. This friend has tons of assets etc. I kindly explained that they're being a moron, they're no longer 15, and they have a TON to lose. If you want to get blazed that's cool, just don't put someone else's life at risk and your own assets at risk.

Stay safe dude and I hope you continue learning in life!

Tags
breathalyzer, dui, interlock