follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #29
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,897 Times in 11,357 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Both the private seller and dealer salesperson have the same objective to sell you the car, and both hope you buy.

Both are only paid if you actually purchase.
The difference is the private seller wants to sell you one car, the Salesman wants to make you a customer.

My Father-in-law was a car salesman most of his adult life. He treated everyone that came in the same. Spent time with them, explained the cars, took them on multiple test drives. Maybe 1 in 5 probably bought a car, but those that did came back to him again and again, even when he changed dealerships and even brands.

When he moved from Florida to Georgia there were customers in FL that came to Georgia just to do a deal with him.

A good salesman would never think a test drive was a waste of time, even when they can tell you aren't buying today. There is always tomorrow.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 08-03-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
bfrank1972 (08-04-2020), Ohio Enthusiast (08-03-2020), soundman98 (08-03-2020), Spuds (08-05-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #30
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
The difference is the private seller wants to sell you one car, the Salesman wants to make you a customer.

My Father-in-law was a car salesman most of his adult life. He treated everyone that came in the same. Spent time with them, explained the cars, took them on multiple test drives. Maybe 1 in 5 probably bought a car, but those that did came back to him again and again, even when he changed dealerships and even brands.

When he moved from Florida to Georgia there were customers in FL that came to Georgia just to do a deal with him.

A good salesman would never think a test drive was a waste of time, even when they can tell you aren't buying today. There is always tomorrow.

Thanks, great job explaining what I was miserably failing to
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #31
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,631 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I can't stand when people misrepresent themselves as looking to buy something they have no intention to.
I'm selling a set a high end speakers at the moment. At least 5 people have emailed me with a list of questions and that's where it stopped, even though there was no detrimental info given.
That is selfish and inconsiderate. Pretending to be interested in buying for the purpose of one's personal interest. It shows no respect for other's time or effort.
Just stay home and fap.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #32
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,897 Times in 11,357 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
That is selfish and inconsiderate. Pretending to be interested in buying for the purpose of one's personal interest. It shows no respect for other's time or effort.
I doubt they were doing either. Most people value their time more than just to go around trying to waste other people's time.

If they were interested enough to ask a question then they were interested. It's very possible they were looking at several versions of the same item on several dozen sites, and they decided yours weren't the right ones.

I have noticed that both buyers and sellers just have a tendency these days to ghost you when they have either sold the device, or have bought one somewhere else, or decided it wasn't the right one for them.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (08-04-2020), soundman98 (08-04-2020), Spuds (08-05-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #33
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
I can't stand when people misrepresent themselves as looking to buy something they have no intention to.
I'm selling a set a high end speakers at the moment. At least 5 people have emailed me with a list of questions and that's where it stopped, even though there was no detrimental info given.
Just stay home and fap.
what kind of high end speakers? i'm just curious. shipping from canadia is a little much
Old 08-05-2020, 02:37 AM   #34
bfrank1972

Quote:

Just stay home and fap.
Who said anything about misrepresenting themselves?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #35
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
what kind of high end speakers? i'm just curious. shipping from canadia is a little much
Totem Forest.

Upgraded to Totem Tribe Tower.

Not worth cross border shipping, although I have had it requested.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #36
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Who said anything about misrepresenting themselves?

If someone is looking to sell a vehicle, they will allow you to test it on the basis that you are looking to purchase.

Test driving a car knowing full well there is no way you will be purchasing that car from that individual is misrepresentation.

Alternately, you can tell the seller your actual motive so he can tell you to go pound sand.

It amazes me how clueless some people can be.

If you think it is the business of a salesperson to demo a car for you that you know darn well you wont be buying then you deserve to be a car salesman. Please don't complain when you are unable to put a roof over your head though.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #37
bfrank1972

Quote:
If someone is looking to sell a vehicle, they will allow you to test it on the basis that you are looking to purchase.

Test driving a car knowing full well there is no way you will be purchasing that car from that individual is misrepresentation.

Alternately, you can tell the seller your actual motive so he can tell you to go pound sand.

It amazes me how clueless some people can be.

If you think it is the business of a salesperson to demo a car for you that you know darn well you wont be buying then you deserve to be a car salesman. Please don't complain when you are unable to put a roof over your head though.
Settle down. Who said anything about not intending to buy the car? I would intend on buying the car if I like it, but if I don't like the way it drives then, no... I'm not buying the car. You think that is wrong? I am certainly not buying a car based on forum or magazine reviews. To be clear, I certainly am not advocating for joyrides at every dealer in town.

The Following User Says Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
Ohio Enthusiast (08-06-2020)