follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
Touge.ca
Touge Motorsports

Drives: FRS FT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow April 29th Sunday Mosport DDT track lapping event 10:30am-5pm #2 event Touge.ca 2018!

2018 April 29th Sunday 10:30am - 5pm Mosport new DDT Lapping event, #2 event 2018!

Hello all drivers,

We would like to setup a CTMP Mosport DDT lapping event for our drivers and friends.

All Beginners are welcome!

Now, We're starting to build a list for the track day signup for the April 29th Sunday.

We have the track April 29th Sunday @ Mosport DDT from 10:30 am - 5:00 pm booked, cost will be $189 prepay rate for each participant!!

We will have a short briefing prior to getting out on the track, followed by a 2 or more warm up laps, then lapping for the rest of the day. "Lapping" refers to just that, doing laps. Passing is STRICTLY prohibited except on the straights, and only when the person in front of you has allowed you by signaling you to pass. We reserve all rights to kick people off the track that are driving dangerously and/or aren't listening to track marshalls.

Format: Depends on turnout, One group
or Two groups (half hour each session), instead of 3 or more groups in other events with long wait with your own group. (no instructors or volunteer groups), no Lunch break (10:30-5pm)

1. Advanced
2. Intermediate/Beginner

New drivers/First time beginners are strongly recommend to have attend our track school with instructors to make sure all safety and fun on the track themselves with others, please email info@Touge.ca

As usual, "Tons of photos" will be provided after each track event for you, your family, and friends!!

Track Packages and Deals:
Touge.ca 2018 Pricing

All those interested in attending this track day on April 29th Sunday

Please Email me your info below:

Full Name:
Car make, model, year, color:
Cell#:
Emergency contact person and phone#:
License plate#
Novice/First time on track / Experienced / Advanced: (Indicate if you need an instructor)
Email address:

Helmets is strongly recommended for safety reasons, you will have to sign a disclaimer at the track, for those who do not wear helmet and not following our lapping rules, the participants take full responsibility for their action. (if you have helmets, it won't hurt to bring them up).

Mosport DDT Track - April 29th Sunday 10:30am - 5pm

** Payment/Deposit**

Prepaid: $189 CAD before April 16th Monday 11:59pm[/B][/B] or[/SIZE]

After April 16th - Monday 11:59pm cutoff or At the track: $260 CAD

Please contact Kevin if you want to meet up to pay for the track fee in GTA.
Whoever wants to pay the track fee by Email money Transfer - *** ($189), PAYPAL ($199) or cash in person, kindly contact Kevin
(416-5649999) or email info@Touge.ca for instruction.
For those never use Paypal before, pls go to Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account - PayPal
*2nd Driver (who shares the same car) half Price.

This is a full "6.5 hrs" lapping day, no break/lunch in between.

*Drivers meeting will be at 10:15am or 12pm (if drivers show up late), one page of lapping rules and map layout of the track will be provided.

All those interested please sign up or email me asap. We want to build a list as soon as we can.

Please contact Kevin@ 416-5649999 if you would like to pay the track fee in person in GTA. Whoever wants to pay the track fee by, Email Transfer, Paypal, the email address is info@Touge.ca. For money order or personal cheque, please call/email me for details.

*Here are directions to Mosport International Raceway.

The directions are 401 east to exit 431 Waverly Rd(Durham rd 57) go north approx 20 km to Durham Rd 20 Turn right, go for approx 5 km to concession rd #10 turn right and you will go in the first gate (or Entrance #1).

Tons of photos are on our Facebook photography page below, Please LIKE and Share:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Touge...18801451499193

Touge.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,631 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
In
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Anyone else here going to be there? I don't have a co-pilot as of yet so it would be nice to know who to say "hi" to during breaks.

I will either be in a 2018 stock white STI or a black 2013 FR-S with a 5:AD body kit and 720 Form wheels.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
iDerek

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to iDerek
Yo @wbradley, were you the black 86 in the advance group that held everyone back? Should consider this > http://www.pinnacledriving.com @Frost
PS. almost caused a 3 car collision lol

Last edited by iDerek; 05-22-2018 at 11:02 PM.
iDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iDerek For This Useful Post:
Frost (05-24-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDerek View Post
Yo @wbradley, were you the black 86 in the advance group that held everyone back? Should consider this > http://www.pinnacledriving.com @Frost
PS. almost caused a 3 car collision lol
Going to give him the benefit of a doubt and say his back was giving him problems when he was hitting those 1:50s
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Not a laughing matter for me. I will not attend lapping sessions unless I am safely participating. I was probably too slow for the advanced. Last month with oil cooler and 215's all around maybe I was better? . I truly must have totally ignored my rear view mirror since I had absolutely no idea if that was the case.

Anyway, met some nice people and the first time some not too nice people ( two to be exact) most likely related to this alleged incident. It must have been the lapping where the white rocket bunny and then the Gtr passed me but I didn't signal to pass as again neglected to watch behind.

However being told off by a guy in an S2000 rather rudely at the paddock was a test in politeness for me. And then another young dude with an alpha mtsprt t shirt also not in a mature way. I am overdriving??

Anyway an alignment and an oil cooler would have helped that day. 130C in 4 laps was my hottest and I did hold back slightly and always will.

My tracking is casual recreational and again I shouldn't have been with the reds that session in retrospect. I am not a highly competitive driver but the track makes you safer on the street.

I admire guys with Tercels and Civics running decent laps, it's not all show.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
laksman91

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech, Evo X GSR, E92 M3
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Not a laughing matter for me. I will not attend lapping sessions unless I am safely participating. I was probably too slow for the advanced. Last month with oil cooler and 215's all around maybe I was better? . I truly must have totally ignored my rear view mirror since I had absolutely no idea if that was the case.

Anyway, met some nice people and the first time some not too nice people ( two to be exact) most likely related to this alleged incident. It must have been the lapping where the white rocket bunny and then the Gtr passed me but I didn't signal to pass as again neglected to watch behind.

However being told off by a guy in an S2000 rather rudely at the paddock was a test in politeness for me. And then another young dude with an alpha mtsprt t shirt also not in a mature way. I am overdriving??

Anyway an alignment and an oil cooler would have helped that day. 130C in 4 laps was my hottest and I did hold back slightly and always will.

My tracking is casual recreational and again I shouldn't have been with the reds that session in retrospect. I am not a highly competitive driver but the track makes you safer on the street.

I admire guys with Tercels and Civics running decent laps, it's not all show.
Hi @wbradley, I was the one that spoke with you after a session and did make the suggestion to be considerate of others on the track and allowing other (faster) drivers to pass you. I'm sorry that you felt that conversation we had was not in a mature fashion - I beg to differ to be honest but let's leave that as a difference of opinion.

Here is a video of what I meant by overdriving the car and how that became a danger to the other drivers and cars on the road. You can see it at the following times: 0:11 , 0:52 , 1:08 - 3 times within a 1m27s clip! I trimmed the footage down as there is a solid 3-4 minutes of 4-5 cars stuck behind you and being forced to pass you using power (C6 Z06 was one of those). Here you put other cars and drivers in danger by trying to keep up a certain pace that was not working. You are definitely not safely participating!!!

That being said, I think it is irresponsible and negligent to be on the track and unaware of your surroundings. Even so to go as far as saying "Oh I guess I just ignored my rear view". It's a lapping day, not a race. No one gets first place. You can let people pass and everyone can have a good time.

FYI, you can request to go to a different group if you feel you aren't a right fit for your current (as you have said above) - thats something you need to determine.
laksman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laksman91 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (05-25-2020)
Old 05-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #8
Kazuya

S2000 owner is my brother, this is the reason why he was upset when he came off the session with you.

https://instagram.com/p/BjIO3ZUFU_Q/

FOLLOW ME ON INSTA GUYS
Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
So, these cars could have just stomped on it and passed by me but my line prevented it by the looks of it. With limited experience at this, my sensory process says 180 degrees view first priority, the extra .5 sec watch the back as well. Never been with cars that want to go this fast previously probably wasn't at all an issue then. Ya gotta watch your rear for people that can blow by and make that .5 or so sec.

I will try and stay out of the higher caliber driver's way going forward. Maybe if I get some pro training and a pro setup we can exchange helpful advice and encouragement in the future.

No hard feelings, I don't want to increase the risk for anyone in this sport. It just felt bad when someone at around 4 pm said, "You're dangerous, you should go home now." I guess we all have our way.
I wouldn't post it on social media either but there's a positive and negative side to that as well.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #10
laksman91

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech, Evo X GSR, E92 M3
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
So, these cars could have just stomped on it and passed by me but my line prevented it by the looks of it. With limited experience at this, my sensory process says 180 degrees view first priority, the extra .5 sec watch the back as well. Never been with cars that want to go this fast previously probably wasn't at all an issue then. Ya gotta watch your rear for people that can blow by and make that .5 or so sec.

I will try and stay out of the higher caliber driver's way going forward. Maybe if I get some pro training and a pro setup we can exchange helpful advice and encouragement in the future.

No hard feelings, I don't want to increase the risk for anyone in this sport. It just felt bad when someone at around 4 pm said, "You're dangerous, you should go home now." I guess we all have our way.
I wouldn't post it on social media either but there's a positive and negative side to that as well.
Again, this isn’t how it works. The slower car is to let off and let the other car pass. Not all cars have enough horsepower to force a pass - example you make a solid 100whp or so on my car. You really should pay attention at the drivers meeting as passing and passing etiquette is discussed.

That being said, after some more seat time and instruction - I wouldn't mind assisting you with setup and approach!

Last edited by laksman91; 05-23-2018 at 03:29 PM.
laksman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #11
Kazuya

Quote:

I’d like to reiterate what the three of us wanted to reach out to you about specifically. We aren’t here to put you on blast or throw negative hard feelings or any sort of stupidness out there. It’s an open lap day, it was busy and you just happened to be in a session full of fast guys. We just wanted to point out what happened, what you could do better and worked on. It’s a hobby, none of us are pros, we get it. Understand that we approached you with an open mind and reinforce our points with visuals and audio to clearified anything we would misinterpreted, nobody likes to be accused for something they didn’t do or think they did.

I had a friend there that day, fairly young guy, drives to Windsor prior for his trade, has about 300,000+ km worth of driving experience on his cars, first track day? I made sure he went out with an instructor or seasoned veteran to understand track etiquettes and lines, He was fortunate enough to have us and went on his merry little way. I also encountered a Silver BMW M3 on my second session, I had an absolutely blast with him, saw him coming on my rear mirror, again, this is open lapping, not CSCS, OTA or Ontario300, I let him pass. Decided to see his lines and chased him for two laps, surprisingly, he signal me to pass, I assumed he was going to cool down and PIT, nope. We went at it for another two laps until checkered flagged, had a great second session, checked my logs, new personal best at DDT. Best part? No egos hurt or stroked, both of us acted like gentlemens.

I would suggest maybe spend a bit of money and join FROST and the driving academy for a day or two, they’re gentlemen’s whom are extremely helpful, patience and experienced, I believe one of them drives for CTCC as well? Maybe pick up some things here and there as I noticed your lines was everywhere.

Take it for what it is, we could’ve ignored what happened and went on our way but since some of us spoke to you in a mature calmly manner and some didn’t, we just thought as a community we should speak up and help each other.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazuya For This Useful Post:
Bent42 (05-23-2018), Frost (05-24-2018), wbradley (05-23-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #12
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I highly suggest taking a HPDE course. This is why we preach taking a course first before going for open lapping. The objectives for all drivers on track on an open lapping day (for us at PADA anyways) are:

1- Be safe
2- Let traffic by at designated passing zones
3- Drive within your limits

The video posted clearly shows the white FRZ not taking a racing line and constantly aggro'ing the car in front when there is clearly a train.

Also, whenever I get into a train like that, I just pit out and go back to the pit in and wait for an opportunity to get in.

Did they not cover this in the driver's meeting?

Generally, the rules that people should abide by for open lapping are as follows (will vary from meet to meet so PAY attention during the driver's meeting):

1- Passing to occur ONLY in designated passing zones
2- Car being passed let off gas and make an OBVIOUS point by to the car DIRECTLY behind it (I recommend using your arm and point in the direction you want the car to pass you on)
3- Car doing the passing CAN ONLY pass when given a point by (ONE POINT PER CAR)
4- Rest of cars in train then queue up behind car being passed to await for their own point by. ALWAYS DRIVE THE RACING LINE.
5- If NO point by, NO PASSING

I am more than happy to give someone 15 minutes of coaching if it prevents crap like this on a lapping day. This is NOT safe for anyone.

I also do not like the fact no one is wearing helmets.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK

Last edited by Frost; 05-24-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #13
mabviper

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I know there's a rule on NO PASSING IN CORNERS. I mean it's clearly posted in their ad but for some reason it's always ignored. There should be specific passing zones in DDT during track days. The vids clearly displayed frustration in the cars following behind and decides to try to pass in the corners while the leading car most likely should not have been in advanced group.

Hopefully nothing too major has happened and we can learn from this.

Shameless plug! SPDA is hosting their first DDT ATTS track day on June 2nd. These incidents would've been black flagged.
Pinnacle is also hosting 1 DDT track day this year. I've never been to DDT with Pinnacle but never say never
mabviper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mabviper For This Useful Post:
Frost (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #14
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabviper View Post
I know there's a rule on NO PASSING IN CORNERS. I mean it's clearly posted in their ad but for some reason it's always ignored. There should be specific passing zones in DDT during track days. The vids clearly displayed frustration in the cars following behind and decides to try to pass in the corners while the leading car most likely should not have been in advanced group.

Hopefully nothing too major has happened and we can learn from this.

Shameless plug! SPDA is hosting their first DDT ATTS track day on June 2nd. These incidents would've been black flagged.
Pinnacle is also hosting 1 DDT track day this year. I've never been to DDT with Pinnacle but never say never
I was supposed to come out the ATTS event (highly recommended by the way) to instruct but work has ruined that (will be flying back from Edmonton and landing at 1pm).

ATTS days are the bench mark for fun and safe times at DDT.

PADA will be on par with that.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bradley goofed