follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #15
jiaim

Drives: Enthusiast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
at 3800$ this charger is really a great option.
jiaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #16
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what is the diffrence between the ver 1 and ver 2, other than the obvious intercooler and piping?
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #17
FRSCanuck

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy-reindeer-slayer View Post
what is the diffrence between the ver 1 and ver 2, other than the obvious intercooler and piping?
V2 utilizes the stock airbox as well.
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...tsc/index.html
FRSCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSCanuck For This Useful Post:
CxG (08-02-2015), fluffy-reindeer-slayer (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #18
fluffy-reindeer-slayer

Drives: fr-s and tc2
thanks, so it looks like the actual supercharger itself is the same unit. i hadve a really good deal going on for the version 1.just wanted to ask.
fluffy-reindeer-slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #19
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
V2 with 43mm restrictor which comes with the HKS injectors. Delicious Flash & Go tune. Did not measure on a dyno yet.

Car is now grounded due to unknown issue which seems like the DI seals failure but after replacing those and checking various other possible reasons the problem remains... Tried everything. No idea what to do next. Probably will buy the HKS stroker kit and get the engine re-built
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Efferalgan For This Useful Post:
armythug (06-20-2015), FRSCanuck (06-17-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #20
10Stars

Drives: 14 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm really liking the v2 supercharger from hks. The v2 shipped from japanparts to my location is $3500, very tempting.

Couple questions though:
1). How much plug in play is the v2 kit? Any cutting, modifying needed?
2). What oil cooler are you guys running? Is it required to use a specific hks oil cooler or can I use a different aftermarket oil cooler? Will I need an oil cooler for a daily street setup?
3). Will a uel header be compatible?
4). Does it work with a 6AT?

I'm ways away from getting this but I'm definitely looking to go FI in the future. I'm thinking either this or JRSC.
10Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 10Stars For This Useful Post:
Traktor (08-04-2016)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #21
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,631 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Dyno tuned today with ECUtek for 94 octane with restrictor delete on Dynapack. Result 275 WHP, 210 ft/lbs torque. Speed density tables were applied. Tuner said he typically sees up to 50 HP powertrain loss on these cars so I'm somewhere between 315 to 325 BHP for people who don't know cars haha.
I have the smaller pulley and 700c injectors never installed if anybody wants them to go Stg 3. I am Stg 2 with upgraded intercooler BTW.

5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 06-12-2015 at 09:56 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
10Stars (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #22
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Drives: Forester STi SG9
Hey hey HKS V2 friends nice to see this setup is popular on the other side of the Ocean as well !

My BRZ is also "HKSed".
Previous user of the V1 kit , this time we upgraded to V2 ...fully unrestricted, the supercharger blows in a fully rebuild engine with HKS 2.1 stroker, HKS Vcams, HKS injectors, HKS manifold , no cats, Tomei over Pipe, Blitz straight pipe and finaly HKS highpower Spec-L firing trough pretty much every gears.

The results are ... interesting on the same type of dyno (dynapack) as wbradley it scored 366 whp, and 295 ft/lb of torque, there is still meat on the bone, but for the sake of not killing the transmission too fast we decided it was good enough ... best run was 380whp, that sets for way over 400 crank hp

here is the dyno for the records, as you see the dynapack isn't a very forgiving device given the 145hp stock at the wheels, but that's just the norm on it .. So its more than x2.5 stock power.

Small video of the Dyno run:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eqPdwBZM_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eqPdwBZM_s[/ame]

And the car in action, it is just a beast ...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0u41Qy8wI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0u41Qy8wI[/ame]

Can't be happier with the setup ! feel free to ask for anything you would like to know.
HaDDeS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HaDDeS For This Useful Post:
10Stars (06-12-2015), armythug (06-20-2015), CxG (08-02-2015), GTHachiRoku (08-14-2016), hamzam (03-22-2016), snk828 (07-15-2015), SPCorBUST (06-11-2015), wbradley (06-13-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #23
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Stars View Post
I'm really liking the v2 supercharger from hks. The v2 shipped from japanparts to my location is $3500, very tempting.

Couple questions though:
1). How much plug in play is the v2 kit? Any cutting, modifying needed?
2). What oil cooler are you guys running? Is it required to use a specific hks oil cooler or can I use a different aftermarket oil cooler? Will I need an oil cooler for a daily street setup?
3). Will a uel header be compatible?
4). Does it work with a 6AT?

I'm ways away from getting this but I'm definitely looking to go FI in the future. I'm thinking either this or JRSC.
1 fairly plug & play , yet better let it done by a pro if you aren't one! cutting will be needed for the HKS Engine oil cooler if you want one, as it sits in the wheel well. Other options are possible, but this one is the best as everyhting has been routed with HKS v2 piping in mind.

2 well, see 1

3 yes, but EL is the best option, UEL will drastically lower the performance, on a V2 setup, UEL headers typicaly score 20-25hp less, that is what SCREEN's boss usually see on the dyno.

4 yes totally works on AT, yet the results won't be as high, more losses in the transmission

Last edited by HaDDeS; 06-12-2015 at 01:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HaDDeS For This Useful Post:
10Stars (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #24
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Porsche killer!
And on a lighter note, as a Frenchman in Japan (single?), you should do pretty well with the ladies. I understand from a long time dating back before WW2 the more worldly Japanese had big appreciation for French culture. The champion Japanese Iron Chef on TV is a French Chef.
My teenage daughter and many of her friends are into the somewhat innocent Lolita scene from Japan. People photograph us when we go out all the time and the pictures get thousands of hits on Instagram. Not all Japanese girl stuff is so innocent though
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:05 AM   #25
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Porsche killer!
And on a lighter note, as a Frenchman in Japan (single?),
Funny you say that, because yes, it is indeed a Porsche killer, on my local mountain road a Cayman S doesn't stand a chance, specialy on the way down where i can just rely on my lighter car and the monstrous brakes. It actually became a "many things" killer indeed, should I be brave enough coz, let me tell you passed 5.000 it really wakes up and offers you a pretty juicy shoot of adrenaline in the pants.

As for "japan", well I got married two weeks ago, but yes indeed, i'm an "exotic" here, so attract a lot of ... attention

I hope to see more of the HKS chargers around, will report that to my friends at HKS Dev they'll be super happy !

Here is where your stuff comes from, crafted at the feet of the Fuji !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HaDDeS For This Useful Post:
10Stars (06-12-2015), CxG (03-17-2016), JMon85 (11-05-2017)
Old 06-12-2015, 12:09 AM   #26
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Congrats on the marriage. Saw a nice writeup this week on the HKS complex on NASIOC. Cool.

Last edited by wbradley; 06-12-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:20 AM   #27
10Stars

Drives: 14 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDDeS View Post
1 fairly plug & play , yet better let it done by a pro if you aren't one! cutting will be needed for the HKS Engile oil cooler if you want one, as it sits in the wheel well. Other options are possible, but this one is the best option as everyhting has been routed with HKS v2 piping in mind.

2 well, see 1

3 yes, but EL is the best option, UEL will drasticaly lower the performance, on a V2 setup, UEL headers typicaly score 20-30hp less, that is what SCREEN's boss ususaly see on the dyno.

4 yes totally works on AT, yet the results won't be as high, more losses in the transmission
Thank You. Btw i absolutely love your car. I'm also wrb

What else exactly needs modification/cutting to fit?

Wow thats a hell of a drop when using a uel header hard to believe as other rotrex superchargers dont suffer the same when running uel headers. I'll take your word for it though

From what I understand is that hks has a specific oil cooler for the v2 supercharger. I'm honestly not sure I need one as this will probably just be a daily driver with a few pulls every now and then. No track days for me.

Is this whats recommended?
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43635

for
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43298

Im not looking for much but i'd like to make 300 at the crank using 91 shell v power tuned with ecutek(no 93 or e85 here). Mods would be el header and a catback exhaust(maybe a front pipe and overpipe if i need it to achieve those numbers)
10Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #28
HaDDeS
Touge worship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Stars View Post
Thank You. Btw i absolutely love your car. I'm also wrb

What else exactly needs modification/cutting to fit?

Wow thats a hell of a drop when using a uel header hard to believe as other rotrex superchargers dont suffer the same when running uel headers. I'll take your word for it though

From what I understand is that hks has a specific oil cooler for the v2 supercharger. I'm honestly not sure I need one as this will probably just be a daily driver with a few pulls every now and then. No track days for me.

Is this whats recommended?
[url]https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43635[/url

for
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/43298

Im not looking for much but i'd like to make 300 at the crank using 91 shell v power tuned with ecutek(no 93 or e85 here). Mods would be el header and a catback exhaust(maybe a front pipe and overpipe if i need it to achieve those numbers)
You ABSOLUTELY NEED AN OIL COOLER !! don't even make the mistake not to fit one. It is absolutely critical, this and to be able to monitor oil temp, and pressure ! Daily driving your car can be a real issue as well, sitting in the traffic could be bad, with a V2 blowing in its lungs, trust me, temps can go sky high if you don't have an oil cooler. If you are ready to invest thousands of $ for the V2 kit, don't go cheap fit a proper oil cooler, and yes the S type is the one to use.

Your setup seems good for the power you want, yet if you live in a hot area it might be a litle more complicated but still that's the way to go.

V2 supercharger, EL no cat header, over pipe, front pipe, exhaust , Oil cooler, break pads, tires, and possibly clutch ...

On the EL / UEL debate, i'm going to talk on what i know, HKS has also an UEL header, they don't recommend it at all for any perf oriented setup ... some will argue it is horse s** but fact is i've seen two 86 on the dyno, one with a UEL hks header, other with EL one, the UEL was down by 20hp ... would it be the same with other UEL setup, I don't know but you got my note on it UEL isn't a "performance" setup anyway ... subaru doesn't use it anymore for a reason, so isn't Porsche ... Yes it sounds cool, but comes at a price.
The Following User Says Thank You to HaDDeS For This Useful Post:
10Stars (06-12-2015)