follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #4355
JDMChris

Drives: 2016
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDMChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
Some owners have swapped to a metal recirculation valve after the stock one failed. As mentioned add clamps to all hose connections. I would look into mounting the sc oil reservoir below the sc shaft per Rotrex recommendations, but most everyone seems to be doing fine with the stock location.
Don't move the reservoir.
JDMChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #4356
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMChris View Post
Don't move the reservoir.
Not saying he really has to, but why wouldn't you?
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #4357
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderzz View Post
Could you point me in the direction of said metal recirc valve? Is it a JR product or is there a 3rd party one that people have been gravitating towards?

Thanks btw
I think the discussion is somewhere around post 4200, on a mobile so not easy to search.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #4358
kuidaore

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Finally joining the club. Nailed down a used C38 kit.

Already ordered a new intake filter, belt, will come with new fluid, new fluid filter, and the ECUtek dongle.

I have a few questions:

Is there anything else I'm missing that I should buy that has to do with the kit itself? (Already have supporting mods nailed down, just wondering if there are other wear items I should preemptively address since it's a used kit)

I'm going to be home-installing the kit with some friends, what's the most reasonable approach to tuning this? Getting an ECUtek license and wrangling some kind of etune setup? Trailering it to a local shop?

Appreciate any advice.
Make sure to do the following:
1. Check manufacturing date with Jackson Racing and if it is in the warranty period. Understand that the original warranty may not be transferable should anything go wrong.
2. Make sure to get a Ecutek license, install the software on a laptop, and get proper tune before starting (recommend Delicious Tuning or CARB tune from JR)
3. Grab a new set of studs for the bracket
4. Make sure to prime the system properly and take your time installing everything
5. Get JR oil cooler if tracking or driving hard
6. Carry extra belt/fluid for emergencies
kuidaore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kuidaore For This Useful Post:
Anderzz (05-10-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #4359
axelthrasher

Drives: BRZ, 2 WRXs, 818S, motorcycles, etc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Could you point me in the direction of said metal recirc valve? Is it a JR product or is there a 3rd party one that people have been gravitating towards?

Thanks btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
I think the discussion is somewhere around post 4200, on a mobile so not easy to search.
I will toot my own horn:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=4334
axelthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axelthrasher For This Useful Post:
Anderzz (05-10-2018), gtengr (01-25-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #4360
S. Snake

Drives: 13' Asphalt
Got my kit, insane how well this is packaged and labeled. Very impressed. Installing tonight!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #4361
S. Snake

Drives: 13' Asphalt
Installed, impressions are about in line with what everyone was saying, doesn't leave me wanting more power, feel like the power level is "just right". At the end of the day knocked this off the bucket list.

Barefootdan (01-27-2018), CSG Mike (01-27-2018), CxG (03-27-2018), Jackson Racing (01-29-2018), PandaSPUR (01-30-2018), Teseo (01-29-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 AM   #4362
arren123

Drives: 2013 BRZ (RIP), now 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats! Makes me miss my supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Snake View Post
Installed, impressions are about in line with what everyone was saying, doesn't leave me wanting more power, feel like the power level is "just right". At the end of the day knocked this off the bucket list.

arren123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arren123 For This Useful Post:
S. Snake (01-28-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #4363
milanojess

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
Reporting after the first shake down track event last year after JRSC installed in september.

Overall the kit performed flawlessly, given it was more of a HPDE event, car was not on full throttle all the time, and oil temp never went much more above normal, possibly thanks to the oil cooler. Zero issue for the entire two days event.

The car was/is mostly stock, wearing stock sized Ventus V12 on aftermarket wheels, stock brakes with w5 pads f/r. CARB tune.

At the front straight I noticed that I was a tad slower than b6 cayman s'es, and quite a bit less grip in the corners. I seem to loose out the most at low speed corners. I think that just came from the skinny Ventus V12 and their limited mechanical grip compared to much larger contact patch of them.

And make no mistake, the sound track is very noticeable, people all wondered about what's under that FRS's hood, and it definitely has more oomph in the noise it makes than the stock engine along.

I am quite happy with the power delivery, and it pulls strongly around 4k rpm and even more so in the 6-7k+ range. The skinny stock size tires could easily be overwhelmed coming out of the 2nd gear turns so modulate gas pedal became a must, but thanks to the relatively linear power delivery, this is fairly easily done.

I do want to mention one thing. I took the bumper off to check on all clamps before the event and HAD to re-tighten all of them. I'll need to do that again before next track event to see if further tighten up clamps would be required. Perhaps replace with those constant-torque clamps at some point?

To wrap up, i'd just say that I am quite happy with the result, as is, it is very enjoyable track toy with kicks. I am sure lots potential is there but I wasn't looking for a track weapon either. This is where I wanted it to be, a street car that handles occasional track days if anything up next, I'd up the brakes and tires for those low speed corners.

The FRS with JRSC is a keeper for a good while.

Happy boosting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milanojess For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (01-29-2018), S. Snake (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #4364
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
@milanojess

If the provided hose clamps are properly torqued, they will never need to be replaced or re-checked. The same clamps are used on factory backed race cars (and prototypes) that run far more boost than a JRSC.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:27 AM   #4365
milanojess

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
Thanks @CSG Mike, good to know. I was following the logic when I did the head gasket and factory manual called for retorque after some miles due to gasket material compresses. I think the silicon hoses compresses similarly after initial clamping. I shall confirm after some time that no additional re torque shall be needed.

Thanks Mike for quick reply!
The Following User Says Thank You to milanojess For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (01-30-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #4366
jonperezinsd

Drives: Subaru BRZ [San Diego 86 Club]
Hello all. I'm currently doing research on the jrsc to see which route I should go. My current setup consist of tomei uel headers and ovrpipe, high flow cat front pipe and a greddy evo3 exhaust. I'm currently on delicious tunings flex fuel tune.

Not sure which sc I should go with. I'm looking to break into the 300+hp range. I would be on stock internals for a while after boosting, but will probably build out eventually.

From what I'm reading I think c38 with hbp may be best? Any tips is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
jonperezinsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:15 AM   #4367
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonperezinsd View Post
Hello all. I'm currently doing research on the jrsc to see which route I should go. My current setup consist of tomei uel headers and ovrpipe, high flow cat front pipe and a greddy evo3 exhaust. I'm currently on delicious tunings flex fuel tune.

Not sure which sc I should go with. I'm looking to break into the 300+hp range. I would be on stock internals for a while after boosting, but will probably build out eventually.

From what I'm reading I think c38 with hbp may be best? Any tips is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Both the C30 and C38 on standard pulley and Ethanol will break 300whp on the Delicious dyno.

PM me to order. I can get you set up with everything you need to make the setup work.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:22 AM   #4368
jonperezinsd

Drives: Subaru BRZ [San Diego 86 Club]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Both the C30 and C38 on standard pulley and Ethanol will break 300whp on the Delicious dyno.

PM me to order. I can get you set up with everything you need to make the setup work.
Are you going to be at the shop tomorrow? Ill be in garden grove arpund noon and can come by and talk on my way ack to west covina

jonperezinsd is offline   Reply With Quote