follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List
kidgogeta

Old 11-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #2521
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
thats good news. i suppose now my consideration has nothing to do with them breaking, which is a good thing. now i just need to decide if i can live with a wheel thats slightly heavier.
If you're daily driving and driving spiritedly on occasion, can you justified spending a lot more on lighter rims? I think the combined weight should be negligible in terms of a daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #2522
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-awesome View Post
If you're daily driving and driving spiritedly on occasion, can you justified spending a lot more on lighter rims? I think the combined weight should be negligible in terms of a daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
exactly, i think thats why ive decided to go xxr. i know that rotational mass makes a big difference, like 1lb unsprung = 15lb sprung weight. obviously i want better wheels, but i want gold ten spokes 18x10.5, and xxr is literally my olny option, plus theyre concave as fuark and look great.

my options are get a better lighter wheel and compromise on style and color i want(titanium/gold pf01 double 5 spoke) or get exactly what i want(gold ten spoke) and compromise a little on weight. plus the 568 is about half as much as the pf01 so thats nice

i would rather spend 1600 on a flowformed enkei gold ten spoke 18x10.5, but it just doesnt exist
HaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:49 AM   #2523
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
hows everybodys xxr's holding up? im looking at getting the 568's for dd, and obviously im reluctant bc of their reputation of breaking, but im sure thats a bunch of nonsense. im sure ill be just fine dding them, but i just wanted to check the current pulse among xxr owners. how has your ownership been?
The 568s look a lot better than the 527 everyone's running in my opinion. They don't have the stupid dual drilled bolt patterns. Not a bad option, but they don't come in 5x100
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #2524
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
A 3 series came in with some chromium black 530s in what looked like 18x8.75 square. Always wondered how the color looked in person and it's not really how I expected. I thought it would be more chrome, but it's more of a gloss gunmetal kinda color. It looked great and it wasn't too shiny even in direct sunlight. The design itself I would say is more for Euro cars, but overall it's a nice wheel.
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #2525
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
I know I'm bumping a thread that hasn't seen any action in 1.5 years, but I figured for documentation purposes it may help with future searches as I spent quite some time looking and didn't quite find EXACTLY what I wanted very easily***

I am currently working on fitting my old XXR527's that I ran on my supra for a while onto my wifes FRS. I found conflicting information on the extent of rolling/cutting, camber, tire size and what the fitment looks like for this particular wheel size so I will try and provide as much information as possible as i go along this week:

Wheels: XXR527 Hyper Silver

Size: F~ 18x8.75+20
R~ 18x9.75+20
Tire: F~ 225/40R18 Sentury SNT (by discount tire)
R~ 235/40ZR18 Lionhart LH-503

Suspension

-Tein SKQ54-AUB00 Lowering Springs (-1.2"F/-1.0"R)
-Godspeed adjustable LCA for rear camber adjustment
-SPC Front Camber bolts in lower hole/factory lower hole bolt in upper hole for front camber adjustment

Fender/quarter rolling:
-The front fenders rolled/pulled quite easily, no issue with getting those flat and pretty flared out with minimal work
-rear quarter took more work as they are significantly more rigid and take time to do to not make them look like bacon as they start buckling.

I am still missing the necessary lug nuts so I can't fully confirm if the current rolling is sufficient or will need more rolling/grinding. I am hoping to have that verified by this weekend.

The fitment is def. on the aggressive poke-side. Some pictures I've seen online show a moderate camber with near-flush fitment that claim NO MODIFICATION, which I do not believe. the +20 offset on a 9.75" rear wheel hangs it out quite far, and at least from my current setup will require some decent camber (-1.5 to -2.5 degrees my guess) to fit make look not TOO poked out.

If I had to do it again, I would consider going with a slightly less tall tire.. maybe a 30 or 35, and depending on how this ends up, may consider a 225/35R18 for the rear and a 215/35r18 for the front in the future. The stretch isn't nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Anyhow, here is the first round of pictures and i'll update all the other details over the next couple of days.
Attached Images

aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #2526
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Got done sooner than expected. And they fit.

I think I went overly aggressive on rolling the quarters, other than it making it look less poked out, I don't think it gave me much additional clearance and the rears do not rub the quarters much, if at all.

I did have to cut a little/grind flat where the back bumpers meets the quarter. I took off about 3/8" from the bumper lip itself, and cut out a bit of the bumper bracket inside of the wheel well, this was the only point of actual contact which maximum suspension flex.

I found it difficult to roll the quarters ALOT to make look nice because it started to "bacon" the lip (I think this is caused by the fact that there is an inner and outer sheetmetal skin that is welded at the arched- as you try to flare out the outer, the inner doesn't move and causes a buckling effect, not too terrible from a couple of feet away, but definitely far from perfect, may take on some PDR later to try and flatten/even out the issue).

The front fenders rolled like butter. After rolling the lip flat I carefully went around and pulled the fender a bit my hand as well. The front wheels fit better than expected. There is some slight rubbing on the fender liner at about 75% turn in either direction but that is expected.

I don't know what my current camber is at, but do know the rear is significantly more than the front. I'll work on verifying that with a home method before it goes in for a final alignment as I think the rear camber can go a little more positive and the front may be able to go a bit more negative.

Final note on fitment with an 18x9.75 +20 rear and 18x8.75+20 front: Poke fitment (but not in a terrible way and i think it looks great)
With coilovers and a bigger drop (maybe another .5" in the rear and .75" in the front) it and more negative camber, it MAY tuck away to a more of a "flush" fitment.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aemravan For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 02:31 AM   #2527
BRZ_88
Imperator

Drives: Supercharged 2013 BRZ Limited
I've had a set of gold XXR530's for just over a year now, and the fronts have darkened a lot to the point where they may as well be bronze. I haven't read through the other 180 pages of this thread yet, but I'd be curious if anyone else had this problem?

Not a great pic but you can see how the rears are still the original bright gold compared to the fronts.

BRZ_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #2528
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ_88 View Post
I've had a set of gold XXR530's for just over a year now, and the fronts have darkened a lot to the point where they may as well be bronze. I haven't read through the other 180 pages of this thread yet, but I'd be curious if anyone else had this problem?

Not a great pic but you can see how the rears are still the original bright gold compared to the fronts.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/h90jBsg/165196510.jpg[/MG]
I don't know, I'd probably start with cleaning away all the brake dust, but that's just me.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #2529
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ_88 View Post

What front brake pads are you running?
DarkPira7e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #2530
BRZ_88
Imperator

Drives: Supercharged 2013 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
What front brake pads are you running?
I replaced them recently with Stoptechs, but before that whatever the previous owner had fitted. Probably basic OEM style pads.

I've read that heat from the front brakes can cause paint darkening. I'd switch them with the rears but it's a staggered setup
BRZ_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #2531
itsuki

Drives: GT 86 2014
Sorry for the bump, but figured this was the best place to ask this: I have some concerns about the weight of the wheels, have those of you that are running 18x8.75 noticed any difference in handling vs stock? I'm not looking to improve lap times, just spirited mountain road driving mostly, with 225/40 tyres.
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #2532
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsuki View Post
Sorry for the bump, but figured this was the best place to ask this: I have some concerns about the weight of the wheels, have those of you that are running 18x8.75 noticed any difference in handling vs stock? I'm not looking to improve lap times, just spirited mountain road driving mostly, with 225/40 tyres.
The handling I don't think was affected by anything but the fact that the wider tire felt duller, but the acceleration difference from a dead stop was profound compared to 18lb wheels and lighter tires. Enough to make me sell them after a few months.
DarkPira7e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #2533
CrosshairVictim

Drives: Toyota 86 Gts 2013
2013 Toyota 86 Gts Asphalt
18x8.75 Hussla 030's Chromium Black (basically an Aussie version of xxr 530's)
Offset +40Front +35Rear
235/40/18 PS4's
(Stock suspension ...for now. Soon Eibach Pro or Sport)

Saw BlueDubbinTDI's car on page 116 here and fell in love and sourced. Cheers for postin, Blue!

Last edited by CrosshairVictim; 01-17-2021 at 09:56 PM.
CrosshairVictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #2534
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Does anyone want 3 XXR 527's, 18x8.75? One of them cracked so I bought 4 replacement wheels of a different brand. They are powdered coated matte bronze so you will need to buy a new 4th wheel and then get all stripped/repainted. TPMS sensors will be included, though they were bought used in 2014 so I'm not sure how much life they have left.

I've got matte bronze Avid.1 AV-20's going on next.

Added pic for those who want to see my crack

Edit: Wheels were trashed.
Attached Images

Last edited by B-R-Z; 02-11-2021 at 10:19 PM.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17 wheels