follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #9353
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidMomentum View Post
That's what I did, I mean. I cut the throttle switch and stripped back a portion of the wire and the shielding. Neither seemed to get me the result of the voltage drop occurring when boost should kick in according to the procede. However if I connect the two wires together, it does spool up the motor and drain some of the voltage.

Do I need to ground the one I don't connect the procede wire to? If neither work, is it an issue with the procede itself? Or is it an issue with the V1 controllers?

@Shiv@Openflash, if this doesn't work out would I be able to send it in for a refund, minus the cost to repair / remake the harness cause I've been stripping portions of the wiring to solder?
You said there was two wires in there? So one is the shielding and 1 is the copper wire? Any chance you can take a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #9354
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
You said there was two wires in there? So one is the shielding and 1 is the copper wire? Any chance you can take a picture?

Yes, one is a wire with red shielding and then there's just copper outside of it. The copper was wired to the bottom of the switch, and the red wire was wired to the top, if you're looking at it as it was oriented as it was bolted on.

Pics:

Note I have no jst disconnect like @KoolBRZ had with his. Just these two joining the wires from the voltage display and ending at the connection to the controller in the engine bay.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #9355
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Yes, one is a wire with red shielding and then there's just copper outside of it. The copper was wired to the bottom of the switch, and the red wire was wired to the top, if you're looking at it as it was oriented as it was bolted on.

Pics:

Note I have no jst disconnect like @KoolBRZ had with his. Just these two joining the wires from the voltage display and ending at the connection to the controller in the engine bay.

Just double checking...but you wired both to the procede and neither gave you boost?

Do you have a volt meter?

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 08-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #9356
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Sorry to interrupt all this install business, but after a painstaking 5 hours under the car yesterday in 95 degree SoCal humid heat I got my O2 sensor straightened out and reflect-a-golded my oil pan. What this meant was I was able to attend the Church Auto / Jackson Racing dyno day in Long Beach today.

Fun day, but I'm sure what you all want to know is how did the car did. Here are the numbers. Super consistent pulls and nice AFRs' on another Hot and humid day (85 degrees w/ 80 pct humidity). Full post is here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=70
@DAEMANO - Phantom ESC v2.0 e85 w/ PROcede controller and full exhaust
223.4 WHP @ 7300 RPM
207.8 WTQ @ 3376 RPM
Phantom ESC 24v v2.0 + UEL + e85
OpenFlashTablet - OTS tune. PROcede controller.
TRD Drop-in filter (dirty)
CNT UEL Header (el-cheapo, but it does its' job, for now)
Ultimate Racing resonated FP/OP combo 2.75"
TRD USA Catback
@BRZ-Y - Phantom ESC v1.0 CA91 w/ v1 FTS footswitch (no PTS or PROcede), v 1.0 batteries (not 1.5x upgrade or 2.0 EXT16)
203 WHP @ 7300 RPM
182 WTQ @3386 RPM

BRZ-Y had just installed his Phantom kit bought from @Shutter and brought it straight to the dyno. Great meeting this very chill owner. I'll be passing along my 1.5x battery upgrade kit to him which I'm sure he'll put to its' paces. In the meanwhile does anyone ( @Shiv@Openflash , @fenton , @Robftss , @Sojhinn , @WRB5titch ) have a v1.0x e85 OFT tune file for him? Please chime in.

The Dyno
I would have expected more hp on e85? No?
stevo585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #9357
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Just double checking...but you wired both to the procede and neither gave you boost?

Do you have a volt meter?

Yes, and yes. I wired the procede aux connector wire which I cut from the aux connector and stripped as well, to each of them and neither gave me a noticeable boost control even though the procede software was showing the blue/purple square making its rounds on the map.

Anything I could try to check with the voltmeter? Like I said I get 5v across the red wire going to the copper when I have the voltmeter hooked up to them. Wasn't sure where to attach the ground lead to test the aux cable wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
That's like 250 at the crank though. Not bad, considering.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #9358
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Yes, and yes. I wired the procede aux connector wire which I cut from the aux connector and stripped as well, to each of them and neither gave me a noticeable boost control even though the procede software was showing the blue/purple square making its rounds on the map.

Anything I could try to check with the voltmeter? Like I said I get 5v across the red wire going to the copper when I have the voltmeter hooked up to them. Wasn't sure where to attach the ground lead to test the aux cable wire.

Connect positive to the procede black wire and ground to any ground. Let me know what happens when you hit the throttle.

Installed Mods:
Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #9359
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
I think I lost a tad HP due to the very hot and humid conditions today (85+ degrees and 70% humidity) and I totally forgot to clean my drop in filter (it's been 2 years now, ugh). So perhaps another 5-10 WHP tops in better conditions with a clean filter. I think it's safe to say that a TQ24V 2.0 will get 225 WHP and 205 WTQ on e85 in normal conditions. Remember, this is running Shiv's super safe daily driver tune and not a "dyno queen" tune that gives up safety to get a good number on the dyno. Sojhinn's previous e85 dyno was roughly the same.

Most important here are the nature of the power curves, area under the curve and the kind of driving character it makes. Which is to say fun. Still if a comparison is needed there was a JRSC Stg 1 CARB tuned for CA91 car that pulled 252 WHP and 198 WTQ today. The cost to put that together was substantial. Importantly that car was setup for something else entirely (track focused, fully caged) but the Phantom's 223 WHP and 207 WTQ compares favorably for the street and especially for the price and lack of complexity. Yup yup.

223 WHP / 207 WTQ - Me today
223 WHP / 200 WTQ - Sojhinn

@LucidMomentum I typically add 16.5% to get a crank equivalent for BHP and 12.5% for TQ this car so ballpark should be 260 WHP / 232 WTQ. I know this is not incredibly scientific, but it seems to work out when looking at the performance of similar p/w ratio RWD MT cars.

Last edited by DAEMANO; 08-30-2015 at 09:15 PM.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
stevo585 (08-31-2015)
Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #9360
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Connect positive to the procede black wire and ground to any ground. Let me know what happens when you hit the throttle.

To make sure I had a good ground, I tested the throttle switch wire first. The red wire is carrying the 5v, I found out.

So when I tested the aux connector wire, I got 8 mV and that was it, regardless of throttle position, regardless of whether or not the engine was running or not. I waited both times for the procede to finish beeping so as to not throw anything off. So there was no varying voltage from the procede aux connector wire with respect to throttle position or rpms.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #9361
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
To make sure I had a good ground, I tested the throttle switch wire first. The red wire is carrying the 5v, I found out.

So when I tested the aux connector wire, I got 8 mV and that was it, regardless of throttle position, regardless of whether or not the engine was running or not. I waited both times for the procede to finish beeping so as to not throw anything off. So there was no varying voltage from the procede aux connector wire with respect to throttle position or rpms.

Cool! You did everything right if the blue square is moving left to right and down to up.

Bad news... Your procede has issues.

Installed Mods:
Old 08-30-2015, 09:10 PM   #9362
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Cool! You did everything right if the blue square is moving left to right and down to up.

Bad news... Your procede has issues.

YAY!

...WAIT.

Anything I can do, or do I need to send it back to @Shiv@Openflash?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #9363
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
YAY!

...WAIT.

Not sure if there is a way to load in the firmware. Also not sure if the wiring harness is firmly connected to the procede.

Best to call shiv directly.

Installed Mods:
Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #9364
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
YAY!

...WAIT.

Talking to Shiv fix coming really soon. Get ready.

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
Gums (09-01-2015)
Old 08-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #9365
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
YAY!

...WAIT.

Do you have a gmail acct? For google hangout? message me at stevegrau@gmail.com

Installed Mods:
Old 08-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #9366
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Quote:
Talking to Shiv fix coming really soon. Get ready.
Oh thanks! Will be standing by!

Quote:
Do you have a gmail acct? For google hangout? message me at stevegrau@gmail.com

Yeah but I'm watching a movie with the family now. I should be free in like an hour and a half.

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive