follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Mike @ Moto-East & Shiv @ Open Flash Quite a few Projects & still doing amazing work!

You know I realized today that through all the projects I have done there are two companies that really stick out as huge contributors to my builds, and frankly I should thank them publicly here not just in my build threads and randomly.

When I got my FRS it soon went from "I'm just going to mildly mod it" to "What bolt on don't I have yet?" @Shiv@Openflash had just released the OpenFlash Tablet and we were all eagerly awaiting the E85 ROM's but until then the difference the Stage 1 and then 2 Tunes made was amazing compared to the way the car was before.
Then the day came and Shiv released E85 Roms and wow talk about the car I really wanted when I went into the Dealership. Then I switched to their UEL Header and wow did the car feel great and sound amazing.
Shiv was always there to help out and we spent a good amount of time talking as well as me helping local's purchase his products because I still to this day believe the OFT is one hell of a product and worth every penny. Shiv and his team have worked hard for the community and are credits to what can be done with a device many people didn't think would catch on.

Yet as time went on I ended up wanting more. Around that time Shiv was talking about his Vortec Kit and I almost jumped on it but in the end I got an offer to work with the Prototype STS Rear Mount Turbo kit and just couldn't turn it down.

That's where @moto-mike comes in. We had a lot of learning to do with this setup and much of it was making changes ourselves. In the end it went from a Prototype with no intercooler to a very nicely setup kit with Intercooler on E85 running over 15PSI at times. (I was always changing the boost level trying to stop myself from going higher and higher... really hard to do).

Mike did an amazing job and in no time at all the car was even more fun to drive than my C5 Corvette with a 408 Stroker in it. I loved it and I wish it could have lasted but alas it was not meant to be. At about 18,000 Miles the engine gave out to the dreaded Cam Position Failure and it went down for about a year while I argued with the Dealership, then Attorney's and Corporate and to this day it's still on going. However a few months ago I had enough of looking at the car sit, I had been driving the Vette during that time and unfortunately it was during that time on December 4th that someone side swiped me in the rain when they lost control and the Vette was totaled... It was time the FRS was put back together even if I couldn't complete my goal of doing an LS2 Swap (I ran into issues with WGP building my harness that was supposedly PnP... and the builder of my Engine K-Member and Transmission mount) and decided to just put in another FA20 and make a really nice NA Setup on E85 again so I could enjoy the car. So I got everything together including some new fun goodies and light weight pieces, put the car back together and contacted @moto-mike again. He set me up with an NA tune that we tweaked for a new set of Headers and it came out nicely the car was fun but after having the car boosted it just wasn't the same.
Fast forward a few months and I bought a Supercharger kit from a Vendor and let Mike know a new project was about to begin. Soon after the car had an Innovate/Sprintex 210 Blower on E85 with a 70mm Pulley installed and Mike once again started setting me up with a brand new tune for it.

So far the car feels great and ran a 13.69 @ 104mph last weekend at the track when the DA was 4600 I believe. And it ran 104 every run but one that night (103 after a hot lap run).

While it may not be the Turbo setup the instant torque more than makes the car fun again and it's great to know that through all of this I have had the support of two excellent companies who do outstanding work.

Both Shiv and Mike have taken dozens of calls from me, answered tons of questions and I have not always done things the way they thought I should which I know can be frustrating but they took great care of me and I don't hesitant to think they will continue to in the future.

I wanted them to both know that this section tends to see mainly Negative Feedback over Positive but they deserve it the good publicity.

Thanks again you guys it's been one hell of a ride and I look forward to where we go next. (Give it some time I say it's alright now but I have a feeling more will come)

Last edited by Cross; 07-11-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (07-10-2015), tyrantcf (07-11-2015), Xero-Limit (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Had to make a few changes, seems some of what I wrote was deleted and I did not catch it plus a few minor errors but I wanted to make sure @Shiv@Openflash knew that I did originally write more I just apparently tab deleted it sorry.

Fixed it!