follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2021, 12:50 PM   #99
VerusEric

Drives: BRZ, STI, GT350R, Supra, 987.2
Thanked 2,529 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David G 23 View Post
I know this thread is a bit old now. Just wondering if this is something you are still working on? Thanks!
We are, it just has been put on the back burner as we have so many other projects right now.
VerusEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:02 PM   #100
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,127 Times in 521 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerusEric View Post
We are, it just has been put on the back burner as we have so many other projects right now.
this is the only issue K-swap doesn't resolve. a long term solution that doesn't require increasing fire risk would be great.

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.
ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:00 AM   #101
ROADRACER

Drives: unlimited cheap build N/A track car
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
As you noted, you opened up the other side of the fuel tank. Glad you got it figured out though. The side you showed photos of is the pickup/filter for the jet-pump system which resides in the main fuel basket.

We have had a lot of people respond with positive results overall though certain tracks still cause the car to starve with a decent amount of fuel in the tank still. They are generally extremely long left-hand turns (10+ seconds).

That being said, we have continued to develop a fully in-tank solution we think will allow track goers to run significantly less fuel than with the fuel door alone. We obviously need to test it still (and finalize the design) but we have continued to further the development!
Atlanta motorsports park T-13,14,15 is one long left turn, WOT the whole way. That is the only place I still have trouble with the fuel door installed. I have to top off the tank every session with E85.
ROADRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:20 AM   #102
VerusEric

Drives: BRZ, STI, GT350R, Supra, 987.2
Thanked 2,529 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
this is the only issue K-swap doesn't resolve. a long term solution that doesn't require increasing fire risk would be great.
It is something that has remained on our "to-do" list but is not an easy solution to solve =/. I think an in-tank solution is the best and only route I would want to do to my car personally so hopefully, someday, we will knock out the solution so everyone can benefit.

I wish I went K-swap with my personal shop car.
VerusEric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
Goingnowherefast (07-05-2021), ML (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 01:21 PM   #103
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
It is something that has remained on our "to-do" list but is not an easy solution to solve =/. I think an in-tank solution is the best and only route I would want to do to my car personally so hopefully, someday, we will knock out the solution so everyone can benefit.

I wish I went K-swap with my personal shop car.
Keep us updated. I would gladly pay lots for an in-tank solution. I do not want to have to go to a fuel cell on my street driven car for obvious reasons haha.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #104
jpky16

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry been a long time since I've been on here; just wanted to say thank you to the @Velox Motorsports guys for coming up with the flappy thing!

I put it on my tank (would highly recommend remembering to not do this on a fuel tank *ahem*) and have not had ANY fuel starvation issues since! The Ridge Motorsports Park, Pacific Raceways, Area 27 all have decently long high speed left handers and have not had any issues since installing it. Although $80 seems like a lot for a piece of plastic at first, the value it brought to me was well worth it.

Thanks guys!
jpky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:00 PM   #105
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,890 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpky16 View Post
Sorry been a long time since I've been on here; just wanted to say thank you to the @Velox Motorsports guys for coming up with the flappy thing!

I put it on my tank (would highly recommend remembering to not do this on a fuel tank *ahem*) and have not had ANY fuel starvation issues since! The Ridge Motorsports Park, Pacific Raceways, Area 27 all have decently long high speed left handers and have not had any issues since installing it. Although $80 seems like a lot for a piece of plastic at first, the value it brought to me was well worth it.

Thanks guys!
Was your part aluminum or plastic?

I installed the plastic (surprise to me!) fuel door I got and it did nothing to improve the fuel starvation issue I was having. Might have made it worse.
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
Hades (08-06-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #106
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpky16 View Post

Thanks guys!

I drive at the ridge and still get fuel starve out of t5 and t6 with the verus fuel door running e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hades (08-06-2021)