follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #197
Twitchy313

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.sidoti View Post
Good news
Finaly all mu parts arrived, i have the harness wired and mthe servos that control the aire flow in.

Bad news:
At the moment of geting in the temperature control servo i figure out that its not compatible with the manual ac HVAC, first of all the gear thats comes with the manual HVAC does not fit with the gear of the servo. And altought i may solve that the oem hvac does not have the towers to insert the screws. I so that servo its not compatible at all. I would like to its that dustin did it

Where did you get the harness from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitchy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #198
859.Slammedfrs

Drives: 2013 Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking to do a conversion soon on my frs and want some info and have questions to ask if anyone doesnt mind, ty in advance and if you can personally msg me!
859.Slammedfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:17 PM   #199
Xmod

Drives: Toyota 86 GT manual
Interested in this conversion.

I sourced the dual climate control module but iam lacking the other stuff.

Would be keen on working it out

Thanks
Xmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:42 AM   #200
ScratchMB
Banned

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
There are a few threads scattered around on the forum on this topic, so I wasn't sure where to post this. However, this seemed as good a place as any. There have been multiple people over the last year or so inquiring about the plug and play harness which was made by a former board member (who has since been banned I think, or he left, either way he seems to be gone and all his threads deleted) that allows you to retrofit your manual A/C for the automatic, dual climate A/C. I bought one of those harnesses, but haven't yet done the install (I plan on it soon). However, since nobody has had any luck contacting the guy who originally made these, and seeing as the harness is just sitting here, I figured I would map it out with a volt meter, in case anything ever goes wrong with it. Therefore, I am posting this info as is. I am not responsible for anything you do for your car, I can't guarantee this info is correct, nor that this harness even works (although I'm pretty sure it will, the guy did a really nice job on it). Below are some scans of figures I drew by hand, and they are kind of messy, so I apologize for that, but it was the best I could do.

Let me just say first, the guy who figured this out did an awesome job, and is a genius. And the harness is really nice quality. If you are interested in doing the retrofit, step 1 should be to track this guy down. If you can't find him, the info below may be helpful.

Ok, so here is the harness:

and here is a schematic of the thing:

You will see I have numbered connectors 1-15, fairly arbitrarily. The two main connectors are number 1 (16 pin) and number 6 (24 pin), these plug into the control board, the rest plug into various A/C components. Also, I included the lengths (in inches) of the various wires from either the #1 connector (connectors 2-4, 14, 15) and from the #6 connector (connectors 7-12). There is also a wire which connects #6 and # 24, and a short wire connecting #4 and 5, and a short wire connecting # 12 and 13.

Below is the pin map which shows the connections. I tried to lay them out in the manner they are in the BRZ wiring diagram
(http://www.ft86club.com/files/BRZwiringi.pdf A/C starts on page 342). Female connector pins are numbered from left to right as you are looking at the front of the connector. Male are numbered from right to left as you are looking at the connector. If a pin is circled, it means it is used, if not it is empty. The little arrow then points to the corresponding pin in this format: connector # (pin #). So for example, 3(5) would mean connector number 3 PIN number 5. The connector numbers are based on my arbitrary numbering system above. A few pins are connected to multiple places. For example, pin 6 of connector 6 controls 7(1), 8(1), 9(3), 10(2), and 11(2).

Edit: updated 7/25, had a minor error in the layout of connector 2
Updated again 9/12/15, errors in connector 5, 6, and 9. I've cross referenced this with the BRZ wiring diagram, so it should all be correct now

Finally, below is a list of part numbers for the connectors which I think are correct, based on their shapes. What you do with this info is up to you and I don’t guarantee anything.

Connector #14 is a 5 pin socket relay which connects to the blue blower motor relay. Basically, the point of this thing is to reroute pin number 2 to pin 8 of connector #1. The middle pin of the relay is no longer used, and the remaining 3 plug into where they did before.

# 15 is a long wire which must pas through the firewall and replace the # 1 pin (yellow black wire) of connector A7 (see the BRZ wiring diagram). Then the pin which was pulled out of A7 connects to the male pin on the harness.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. When I finally do this install, I will try to put together a DIY, but its super freaking hot out, so it’s unlikely I will do it anytime soon.
Hey, were you ever able yo find the guy, or build the DIY kit for this?
ScratchMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #201
Twitchy313

Has anyone had any luck with getting further on this topic?
Old 01-16-2021, 02:45 AM   #202
dezmoondo

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy313 View Post
Has anyone had any luck with getting further on this topic?
I am in the process of recreating the harness.
dezmoondo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dezmoondo For This Useful Post:
Sosa (01-17-2021), Twitchy313 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #203
Twitchy313

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoondo View Post
I am in the process of recreating the harness.

Oh man i hope you’re able to! I’m super stoked to hear that, i want to do this swap so bad. Any info you can pass along in the process would be awesome! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #204
Xmod

Drives: Toyota 86 GT manual
Any updates on this one ? Thanks in advance
Xmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #205
EthanDG

Drives: Turbo, widebody, bagged GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmod View Post
Any updates on this one ? Thanks in advance

I have proceeded to create a full spread sheet on google with every part needed, as well as a notes sheet for important notes. I will be doing an update to this soon as I am quite good with wiring and will be making harnesses. Sorry to revive such an old thread but I am quite pleased with the progress I have made so far. Will update soon
EthanDG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EthanDG For This Useful Post:
MemphisR (04-13-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 04:21 AM   #206
Maafeu

Drives: 2020+ Toyota FRZ
Hey Guys, I read this whole thread and it seems like a crazy process, but I'm thinking this has already been done.

I'm looking into getting a 2015 FRS. Using the single (knob style) CC. As I recall the 2013 FRS Series 10 / Monogram Series has the full Auto CC, can't we just use the harness and even the parts necessary from there? Or am I talking nonsense?
Maafeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #207
Maafeu

Soo update in regards to people wanting to do this.

I contacted Toyota and they informed me that there is a wiring harness (1 part number) that was made for the 10 series 2013 FR-S that takes care of the whole dash. Not sure of the price, but I may look into purchasing it out, and properly map it out. Just waiting to hear the price on it and see.

Keep you guys posted.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:59 PM   #208
vin61k

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafeu View Post
Soo update in regards to people wanting to do this.

I contacted Toyota and they informed me that there is a wiring harness (1 part number) that was made for the 10 series 2013 FR-S that takes care of the whole dash. Not sure of the price, but I may look into purchasing it out, and properly map it out. Just waiting to hear the price on it and see.

Keep you guys posted.
Any update on this?
vin61k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #209
Maafeu

Hey, so I ended up getting a 2013 FR-S still with the Manual AC Controls. It's been a long journey of research, and many times I was very close in giving up.

The retro Harness was going to be a bit of a complication so I was able to get a Donor Car of a 2013 BRZ Auto controls and I just grabbed the AC in it's entirety, and Dash Harness from there.... It didn't stop there, because then I would have had connections that my other harnesses didn't connect to. I may have bit off more than I can chew, (or something that may take a little longer than this) but I took all the harnesses, BulkHead, Floor, Dash, Trunk, ABS, and their units as well. ECU, BCM, TCM, etc. I figured while I was at it seeing as I have the Main dash harnesses already I might as well go the whole nine yards and take the Keyless Entry system as well.

Basically I have an entire BRZ in boxes currently in the process of moving, but looking to have it installed into my FR-S. I didn't have any space to take the whole car and I'm sure I'll have a good time doing this task.

Seeing as I use this as my daily, I rather get the OEM parts to ensure it runs properly. Thankfully with all the harnesses, I'm gaining a TON more than just the Dual Climate Control.

Wish me luck
Old 08-20-2021, 09:49 AM   #210
Maafeu

I also contacted Subaru and just looked up the prices of the harness for the Dash. I made a breakdown post of what you would need, and the work involved. Your options are either getting the retro harness built and gaining the Auto Climate Control, or getting the all the harnesses and essentially in the end having a BRZ (at least on the electrical side of things).

The Dash Harness from them (In Canada) would cost over 3K, but because your Bulkhead, Floor, and ABS Harnesses are different you MAY need to purchase / find those as well. I was playing it safe so I took the dirty route and found them all in the donor car...Still contacting Subaru on the price for the BulkHead Harness is over 4,500....you see where I'm going with this.

Thankfully I didn't have to buy anything from them and was able to find a car in the Junkyard that was in perfect condition. My advice is to take this route if you're committed.

I'm debating if I should make an extensive writeup / video of a FR-S to BRZ transformation on a wiring harness level. Seeing as I can't find anyone with one.