follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
FreddieTheFrog

Drives: 2013 TOYOTA FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[solved]WANTED! OEM parts needed for BC Inspection

Just relocated to Vancouver from US, drove my 2013 FRS here. Exported/Imported my vehicle thru CBP/CBSA no issue whatsoever.
However, the car failed BC vehicle inspection at a Canadian Tire shop.

Searched craigslist and Kijiji no luck finding relative OEM parts. Ebay seems to have a long delivery window for Canada. So here I am.

THINGS I NEED:
1. OEM catback -
Anyone has one lying around for sale?
Or if you plan to keep the stock catback, can I borrow it for a day or two?
2. OEM reverse light -
I removed reverse light to install bash bar. Anyone has the stock one?

That's it, other failed mods I found cheap solutions already. Should've just keep my US license and registration. Now it's too late, already exported.
Any suggestions would be welcome! Hello CANADA!

Last edited by FreddieTheFrog; 11-24-2020 at 07:25 PM. Reason: solved
FreddieTheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieTheFrog View Post
Just relocated to Vancouver from US, drove my 2013 FRS here. Exported/Imported my vehicle thru CBP/CBSA no issue whatsoever.
However, the car failed BC vehicle inspection at a Canadian Tire shop.

Searched craigslist and Kijiji no luck finding relative OEM parts. Ebay seems to have a long delivery window for Canada. So here I am.

THINGS I NEED:
1. OEM catback -
Anyone has one lying around for sale?
Or if you plan to keep the stock catback, can I borrow it for a day or two?
2. OEM reverse light -
I removed reverse light to install bash bar. Anyone has the stock one?

That's it, other failed mods I found cheap solutions already. Should've just keep my US license and registration. Now it's too late, already exported.
Any suggestions would be welcome! Hello CANADA!
I have a 2014 OEM catback with 8 kilometers on it that you could have for free but the shipping costs would probably make it the most expensive exhaust you ever bought.
wparsons (02-19-2021)
Old 11-24-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
FreddieTheFrog

Thanks T. But cross country shipping would be my last resort.
Called couple junk yards, one quote me $500 for the two piece catback, seems a bit high. I'll keep searching around.

Hope some BC folks show up!
Old 11-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #4
Tcoat

Quote:
Thanks T. But cross country shipping would be my last resort.
Called couple junk yards, one quote me $500 for the two piece catback, seems a bit high. I'll keep searching around.

Hope some BC folks show up!
Well if you get totally stuck just yell. A quick look and estimate shows shipping to be between $80 and $220 depending on how fast. Beats hell out of paying $500.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #5
FreddieTheFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well if you get totally stuck just yell. A quick look and estimate shows shipping to be between $80 and $220 depending on how fast. Beats hell out of paying $500.
Really appreciate your help T. I just hooked up with a local guy with parts I need for cheap. Problems solved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreddieTheFrog For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-24-2020), wparsons (02-19-2021)
Old 11-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #6
Tcoat

Quote:
Really appreciate your help T. I just hooked up with a local guy with parts I need for cheap. Problems solved.
Perfect!
Old 02-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #7
Fuki

Drives: 2014 frs
Hey Im relocating to BC from Ontario this spring and was wondering if you could just share some information on what would fail the inspection? Basically my mods will be a header/over pipe and my turn signals relocated from the bumper to be integrated into the headlights (aftermarket headlights).
Although I can't help you with parts, my buddy recently moved out there with his frs and the shop was very lenient with his window tint, just stating that the shop took it off and what he did after that is on him (they didn't actually take it off). So many a possibility would be getting another inspection from a different shop in hopes they would record the paper as taking it off and what you do after that is none of their concern?

Tl:dr; will aftermarket headers and headlights (turn signal relocated) pass inspection to your knowledge?
Fuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:29 PM   #8
FreddieTheFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuki View Post
Hey Im relocating to BC from Ontario this spring and was wondering if you could just share some information on what would fail the inspection? Basically my mods will be a header/over pipe and my turn signals relocated from the bumper to be integrated into the headlights (aftermarket headlights).
Although I can't help you with parts, my buddy recently moved out there with his frs and the shop was very lenient with his window tint, just stating that the shop took it off and what he did after that is on him (they didn't actually take it off). So many a possibility would be getting another inspection from a different shop in hopes they would record the paper as taking it off and what you do after that is none of their concern?

Tl:dr; will aftermarket headers and headlights (turn signal relocated) pass inspection to your knowledge?
Hi Fuki, I think these two mods won't cause a problem at most inspection places. I think your buddy's shop is pretty lenient on the inspection, so definitely check them out.
My Canadian Tire shop is a bit strict, they even put [TINTED FRONT WINDOWS (BOTH SIDE)] on my failed inspection form after I told them I will remove it right away. They also failed my catback system and smoked tail lights. They want as more jobs done as possible at their place. If failed, you have 30 days to re-inspect for another small fee. But it has to be the same technician.
So before actually going for inspection, find a shop that's pretty lenient. Find a shop who can discuss options with you before put it into BC report. Definitely avoid Canadian Tires, I think they are more strict on policies. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2021, 11:14 PM   #9
Fuki

Drives: 2014 frs
Thank you so much. Can't wait to drive the mountains!!
Fuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #10
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuki View Post

Relocating across the country is different than relocating from the US, which also requires a bigger inspection because the car is being imported from the US into Canada at the same time.

His inspection wouldn't be a typical BC safety, it would've been the one required for federal importation.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
TRAKRAVN (02-26-2021)

Tags
exhaust, inspection, oem, reverse light