follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #5895
civic_2_gc

Drives: 2015 hyundai genesis coupe ultimate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi,obviously new to the forum but have been lurking since july. I drive a 2015 hyundai genesis coupe, yes i have fake hood vents you have fake side vents, just thought i'd get that argument out of the way. The frs/brz was the runner up in my search for another car(only been in the coupe for a week). The reasons i didnt get the frs/brz was that my dad felt the coupe was more car for the money he'd be paying, and there aren't enough roads to justify the frs/brz's superior handling over its lack of power in the area my university is in. Now if i went somewhere in or closer to Austin it would be a completely different story. I really look forward to being here and connecting with the car ENTHUSIASTS here, and the fan boys, i'll let you do what you do, just know i'm not here to be a genesis troll.
civic_2_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to civic_2_gc For This Useful Post:
Defuser (02-10-2015), Lonewolf (02-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #5896
tehwegz

Drives: Coming Soon
Hey 86'ers

AB, Canada person here and looking to get in an FR-S soon.

I'm a bit of a crazy car-obsessed enthusiast. In the last year alone I've traded through 6 different vehicles. I'm originally a Honda person but have strayed away and explored other cars. I started out with a 94 Accord, 91 Prelude, 95 Prelude. Took a break from Honda and got a 99 Impreza...fixed it, broke it, sold it. Then came a 90 Miata which I wish I never got rid of. I later traded for a 97 318 E36 BMW with an I6 swapped in from a 330 ZHP E46. Budget M3 ftw? Then I got a small truck to haul some things, a Mazda B2200. Winter was coming soon again so got rid of the 2wd open diff truck and the BMW (it had LSD, would've been fun) and back to Honda again in the form of '01 Integra LS. Got me half way through winter in comfort before I got car ADD again and made another move to a JDM RHD WRX which I currently drive. Its mint, it pulls, it boosts, it rips through snow, and of course classic H4 2.0L boxer rumble (20g/20k motor, a hybrid of the two during transition from 20g to 20k in 96/97 JDM).

Anyways I have no time to for old cars anymore and need something new for once, worry and stress free that I can take on road trip without a doubt in my mind. I've already driven FR-S as well as - I kid you not - nearly every MY2014/15 car. Perk of my current job. Out of everything under 50k new, nothing gave me quite the same feel the FR-S did. Evo X came the closest. 3rd was Ford with some serious contenders - even the RS which isn't even out yet. I have yet to drive a '15 Mustang without snow on the ground but hear the IRS they finally got really rotates the car nicely - a first in a Mustang. BMW M235i but that's luxury and I can't afford that, nor do I care. '15 WRX I still have yet to try out due to limited supply of them...Subaru can't keep up with demand in some places apparently.

Hope to get in one soon. One plus is I can throw the OEM FRS wheels on my WRX, and winters on WRX to my FRS.
tehwegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #5897
civic_2_gc

Drives: 2015 hyundai genesis coupe ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehwegz View Post
Hey 86'ers

AB, Canada person here and looking to get in an FR-S soon.

I'm a bit of a crazy car-obsessed enthusiast. In the last year alone I've traded through 6 different vehicles. I'm originally a Honda person but have strayed away and explored other cars. I started out with a 94 Accord, 91 Prelude, 95 Prelude. Took a break from Honda and got a 99 Impreza...fixed it, broke it, sold it. Then came a 90 Miata which I wish I never got rid of. I later traded for a 97 318 E36 BMW with an I6 swapped in from a 330 ZHP E46. Budget M3 ftw? Then I got a small truck to haul some things, a Mazda B2200. Winter was coming soon again so got rid of the 2wd open diff truck and the BMW (it had LSD, would've been fun) and back to Honda again in the form of '01 Integra LS. Got me half way through winter in comfort before I got car ADD again and made another move to a JDM RHD WRX which I currently drive. Its mint, it pulls, it boosts, it rips through snow, and of course classic H4 2.0L boxer rumble (20g/20k motor, a hybrid of the two during transition from 20g to 20k in 96/97 JDM).

Anyways I have no time to for old cars anymore and need something new for once, worry and stress free that I can take on road trip without a doubt in my mind. I've already driven FR-S as well as - I kid you not - nearly every MY2014/15 car. Perk of my current job. Out of everything under 50k new, nothing gave me quite the same feel the FR-S did. Evo X came the closest. 3rd was Ford with some serious contenders - even the RS which isn't even out yet. I have yet to drive a '15 Mustang without snow on the ground but hear the IRS they finally got really rotates the car nicely - a first in a Mustang. BMW M235i but that's luxury and I can't afford that, nor do I care. '15 WRX I still have yet to try out due to limited supply of them...Subaru can't keep up with demand in some places apparently.

Hope to get in one soon. One plus is I can throw the OEM FRS wheels on my WRX, and winters on WRX to my FRS.
my dad loves his "budget M3" lol
civic_2_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #5898
UchihaFanBoy

Drives: 16 BRZ,99 Forester,13 FRS(RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey Noobie here haha Been looking through this forum for awhile. So Signed up and wanted to meet the FRS/BRZ Fam !!! I own a Pearl White 2013 FRS I ordered my first little mod K&N filter haha About to order an exhaust next week still thinking to go with Perrin or ISIS exhaust ISIS is cheap but sounds good
UchihaFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaFanBoy For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #5899
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
New here. Wanted a BRZ over a year ago and finally picked one up last Wednesday.

Edit: 2015 white brz
DHitHim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DHitHim For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #5900
FRSPhil
Nobody Epic

Drives: 2014 WRX SWP
New to the forum. Picked up my new black 2013 FR-S. Still mostly stock aside from the new exhaust and HIDs. Still got big plans for it. Cheers bros!
FRSPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSPhil For This Useful Post:
Defuser (02-11-2015), Lonewolf (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #5901
ShackontheTarget

Drives: GT86 Aero
Hi all, new here. Been lurking for a while but now that I have the car I decided to register. : )

Picked it up 2 weeks ago. This is just after a wash. I love washing it.

ShackontheTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShackontheTarget For This Useful Post:
Defuser (02-11-2015), Kathern (02-17-2015), Lonewolf (02-10-2015), NWFRS (02-16-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #5902
SocalMonsta

Drives: White FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShackontheTarget View Post
Hi all, new here. Been lurking for a while but now that I have the car I decided to register. : )

Picked it up 2 weeks ago. This is just after a wash. I love washing it.

I really like your setup. I could do with a bit less wing but overall its tight.

What are the parts u have on the front bumper?
SocalMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #5903
ShackontheTarget

Drives: GT86 Aero
It came stock like that. It's the Aero package. Wheels are OZ Ultralaggera, also stock.
ShackontheTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #5904
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShackontheTarget View Post
It came stock like that. It's the Aero package. Wheels are OZ Ultralaggera, also stock.
Yep, that's the Nur-Spec GT86 package.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #5905
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Hi Everyone,

We're sure you've heard of MagnaFlow over the years, but we wanted to become more involved in the FR-S/GT86 community and to be on here as a resource for anyone that has a question about anything exhaust related. A lot of people don't know that 70% of our business is catalytic converters, so we have a ton of information on hand to talk about emissions, performance exhaust systems and everything in between. We look forward to being part of the community and sharing some of the stuff we're doing with all of you.

Thanks!
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Magna_Flow For This Useful Post:
whitey (02-21-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #5906
CrispyCheddar

Drives: the white one
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey all,
I've been meandering around these forums for the last 8 months or so. I've been back and forth between an s2k and an FRS for as long as I can remember. Maybe a week of wanting a gen coupe here and there or something along those lines. Regardless, I wanted a RWD coupe - sports/race car. I picked a '15 SWP FRS last Sunday and absolutely love it. Its my first (real) car. It has a TRD exhaust, filter, factory fogs, and other small stuff. I have a little something in store for those that appreciate the history of the 86. Something that is not here in the states(I am from Columbus, OH). Something that isn't seen often.. anywhere. I plan on taking.. the surprise.. in the states in the next few years, so stay tuned..

pun intended
CrispyCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrispyCheddar For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (02-10-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #5907
d.alvarez11

Drives: 2015 Red FR-S
Hello!

I am a new user. I've had my Red 2015 FR-S for a week now and I love it! New to this car and car world so I'm looking to learn as much as I can. Wish I could upload a picture of my car. Unfortunately, I didn't see the option to do so.

Hello everyone!
d.alvarez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d.alvarez11 For This Useful Post:
dentalprodigy (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #5908
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.alvarez11 View Post
I am a new user. I've had my Red 2015 FR-S for a week now and I love it! New to this car and car world so I'm looking to learn as much as I can. Wish I could upload a picture of my car. Unfortunately, I didn't see the option to do so.

Hello everyone!
need to get to 10 post I believe
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo