follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #29
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirnew View Post
Update.
Installed wmi kit aem v3. I see abot 20dec Celsius under flat foot acceleration ,few gears puls. Chaned my life.
Wmi is game changer for sprintex.

Did you relocate the IAT sensor to post blower?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:32 AM   #30
amirnew

Drives: 2013 BRZ sprintex SC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Wmi is game changer for sprintex.

Did you relocate the IAT sensor to post blower?
Yes we did it on the installation.
Now I'm doing testing with only water injection 100% cooling effect is massive with the smallest nozzle 250 cc that is configured to inject maximum of 125 cc at peak boost.
Car became really toruqy but i think it slowed down a bit on the top end compared to wm 50 50, but... Maybe its a good price to pay for not needing to inject more, plus using only distilled water and not having to handle flamble methanol in the trunk
amirnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #31
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Yes we did it on the installation.
Now I'm doing testing with only water injection 100% cooling effect is massive with the smallest nozzle 250 cc that is configured to inject maximum of 125 cc at peak boost.
Car became really toruqy but i think it slowed down a bit on the top end compared to wm 50 50, but... Maybe its a good price to pay for not needing to inject more, plus using only distilled water and not having to handle flamble methanol in the trunk
Are you tuned for it? Or just added it?

You can get different nozzle holders and smaller nozzles.

Pro meth sells down to 32cc although they been sold out for a while, they have a new nozzle design coming out but it’s been like 5 months so idk what’s going on. I got tons of sizes laying around though.

I used the 189cc nozzle as it sprayed about 400cc on my setup which is ideal for 50/50 mix at about 285-300whp.
I would prefer sizing the nozzle smaller and keep line pressure higher for better atomization, as apposed to turning the pump down with larger nozzle.

They have several different larger tank size options out there.
Because I had aem kit with 1 gallon tank already and didn’t feel like messing around too much with mounting a different tank, I just added a 2nd aem 1 gallon tank and Y’d the lines together before the filter/pump. Worked perfectly fine and doubled my capacity, I’d get (IIR my calculations correctly) 15mins of max spray before low fluid light turns on which is at roughly 30% of tank left. That’s 90 10second pulls before low fluid light.

Methanol has an autoignition temp of 811F, 50/50 MEOH has a flash point of 75F. It’s really not much of a concern being a “flammable” liquid in trunk, under 75F it’s technically not flammable and even if it is you’d need an 811F+ ignition source to ignite it. WWF is 30-35% MEOH with a flash point of 90-95F and is considered the best bang for buck, not only in cost but also in methanol diminishing return, starts to diminish rapidly after about 30-35% with little added benefit beyond 50/50.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #32
amirnew

Quote:
Are you tuned for it? Or just added it?

You can get different nozzle holders and smaller nozzles.

Pro meth sells down to 32cc although they been sold out for a while, they have a new nozzle design coming out but it’s been like 5 months so idk what’s going on. I got tons of sizes laying around though.

I used the 189cc nozzle as it sprayed about 400cc on my setup which is ideal for 50/50 mix at about 285-300whp.
I would prefer sizing the nozzle smaller and keep line pressure higher for better atomization, as apposed to turning the pump down with larger nozzle.

They have several different larger tank size options out there.
Because I had aem kit with 1 gallon tank already and didn’t feel like messing around too much with mounting a different tank, I just added a 2nd aem 1 gallon tank and Y’d the lines together before the filter/pump. Worked perfectly fine and doubled my capacity, I’d get (IIR my calculations correctly) 15mins of max spray before low fluid light turns on which is at roughly 30% of tank left. That’s 90 10second pulls before low fluid light.

Methanol has an autoignition temp of 811F, 50/50 MEOH has a flash point of 75F. It’s really not much of a concern being a “flammable” liquid in trunk, under 75F it’s technically not flammable and even if it is you’d need an 811F+ ignition source to ignite it. WWF is 30-35% MEOH with a flash point of 90-95F and is considered the best bang for buck, not only in cost but also in methanol diminishing return, starts to diminish rapidly after about 30-35% with little added benefit beyond 50/50.
I thought about the dual tank too! With the same configuration.
Do you know a nozzle with around 120 cc\min?
Are they fit the aem v3 nozzle?

And I'm not tuned for that the tuner just changed some value regarding how fast the ecu cuts the timing when temps rises.

I'm exploring right now how much is enough to inject and what will give most power without remap.
I suspect the 30% meth could be my golden number... Will try it out on the next tank... But mannnnnn it changes my life,i was so frustrated from the car performance when it got hot which is about two puls.....
Old 09-12-2021, 10:48 PM   #33
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
I thought about the dual tank too! With the same configuration.
Do you know a nozzle with around 120 cc\min?
Are they fit the aem v3 nozzle?

And I'm not tuned for that the tuner just changed some value regarding how fast the ecu cuts the timing when temps rises.

I'm exploring right now how much is enough to inject and what will give most power without remap.
I suspect the 30% meth could be my golden number... Will try it out on the next tank... But mannnnnn it changes my life,i was so frustrated from the car performance when it got hot which is about two puls.....
A single 63cc would flow about 140cc probably. My 189cc was flowing about 400cc with 50/50 mix. Thats 200cc meth and 200cc water. I was using 69mm pulley making 13.5psi.

You can typically run about .75cc water Per WHP for great results.

The water won’t really improve performance but it should dramatically help sustain/maintain performance.

Methanol if not tuned for it probably won’t help performance that much. However i was able to run another 3.3degrees of timing with adding methanol which is a sold performance increase.

I would not tune for it without the AEM failsafe, you should be running that regardless even if the failsafe isn’t hooked up because it has a flow gauge that will help you determine nozzle.

The aem V3 nozzle isn’t interchangeable besides the 3 that come with it.

SNO-8CV-QC Is a cheap but good check valve, then buy an 1/8npt nozzle in CC of your choosing.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:16 AM   #34
amirnew

Quote:
A single 63cc would flow about 140cc probably. My 189cc was flowing about 400cc with 50/50 mix. Thats 200cc meth and 200cc water. I was using 69mm pulley making 13.5psi.

You can typically run about .75cc water Per WHP for great results.

The water won’t really improve performance but it should dramatically help sustain/maintain performance.

Methanol if not tuned for it probably won’t help performance that much. However i was able to run another 3.3degrees of timing with adding methanol which is a sold performance increase.

I would not tune for it without the AEM failsafe, you should be running that regardless even if the failsafe isn’t hooked up because it has a flow gauge that will help you determine nozzle.

The aem V3 nozzle isn’t interchangeable besides the 3 that come with it.

SNO-8CV-QC Is a cheap but good check valve, then buy an 1/8npt nozzle in CC of your choosing.
don't you think your nozzles run more than double what it was rated for because of the pump pressure? pretty sure the aem pump with aem 250 nozzle support to output....... 250 cc\min as it is rated...

how do you know you've run 13.5 psi? had different MAP? didn't had issues with map and IC as i saw few people claim?

i want to see if the 30% will somehow have better cooling affect although in theory it will not. but maybe will give me abit more on the top end 7000 rpm to 7500.
i wish AEM made some 125 cc nozzle , i would like too, to run the nozzle near max pump psi range...
Old 09-13-2021, 08:48 AM   #35
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
don't you think your nozzles run more than double what it was rated for because of the pump pressure? pretty sure the aem pump with aem 250 nozzle support to output....... 250 cc\min as it is rated...

how do you know you've run 13.5 psi? had different MAP? didn't had issues with map and IC as i saw few people claim?

i want to see if the 30% will somehow have better cooling affect although in theory it will not. but maybe will give me abit more on the top end 7000 rpm to 7500.
i wish AEM made some 125 cc nozzle , i would like too, to run the nozzle near max pump psi range...
I ran the AEM V2 nozzle holder with the AEM 250CC nozzle at first and it was putting out about 475CC, Almost all nozzles including AEM are rated at 100PSI but the AEM pump is set to at least 200PSI from factory, There is a set screw to raise or lower it and it can actually go up to at least 250psi. I think mine was set closer to 210-220psi. Also injecting pre blower would cause vaccuum effectively increasing the flow similar to adding pressure so it was probably effectively spraying closure to 230psi. Get the AEM failsafe gauge and you will know exactly how much you are spraying. Whatever nozzle you are running it is probably closer to double.

I had a mechanical boost gauge to know exact psi, as well as the AEM failsafe which also reads boost although as a percentage of max psi you set on controller IE 90% of 15psi = 13.5psi. The 69pulley is supposed to make 12PSI however WMI increases boost pressure when injected pre compressor. I also had 82.5mm idler pulley for extra belt wrap that may have eliminated top end slip possibly adding .5psi and WMI adding the extra 1psi.