follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
NickFRS

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fix Auto Gresham

Album from hit and run.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5587588&type=3

The first month the car was in the shop they didn't even start working on it. It collected dust until I called and complained about finger marks all over the car and smiley faces workers drew on the car. They then washed it and moved it inside. Parts came in a shy under 2 months later and they started work 5 days after the parts arrived. They slammed the car finished in 2 weeks when they could have had all the side damaged fixed the first week of arrival and had the parts disassembled.

Recovered the car from the body shop today..... said it was finished but it obviously wasn't.

What I see they neglected.
-Steering wheel has pieces coming off, steering also feels really heavy still.
-My trunk button doesn't work.
-If I rev up to redline and shift to 2nd my tranny shakes violently.
-I have a bad winning noise from 5-redline
-If I pull up on my E-brake while moving it sounds like the rear end of my car just dumped into the ground. (when engaged)
-Stereo is reset and sub is not bumping. (trunk wont open so I don't even know if they put it back in or hooked it back up?)

They said the car was finished and when I received it the car would be in pre accident condition..... IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. Also I dropped the car off with slightly under half a tank and when I picked it up it was under 1/4 a tank. Flustered and not happy since I have been out of a car for 3 months and now it's looking longer. I don't even know what else I have over looked. Needless to say i'm pissed. Also missing a pair of 80 buck snowboarding goggles that were in my car. WTF? They also didn't log the miles when I dropped off the car or when I obtained the vehicle again.....

Have to call my insurance in the morning yet again.... to complain.... I'm honestly tired of complaining to them and want the car done. This is just a fair warning to locals who may have Gresham toyota/scion refer them.
NickFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Man... I would be pretty upset... I hope you get your car back soon. (in the condition promised)
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
deucethemoose
Functionally Retarded

Drives: LinkECU V6 MR2 - MKVII Golf R
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Did you pick the shop or did insurance tell you to take it to these people?

I would just comment that if this is the shop's best attempt at pre-loss condition that you demand a new car.

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
deucethemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deucethemoose For This Useful Post:
Freeman (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
After taking my cars to various places over the years I found that Europa Auto Body to be the best. It's in SE Portland. It's also where all the Ferrari, Lotus, and various other exotics take their cars because he's (Nick) great to work with. He charges good labor rates too.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
NickFRS

Gresham toyota scion told me to go there. I have only lived in Oregon for a year now so I went with their advice. Moved out here because i've been working for Reynolds School District for almost 2 years. It was on of nation wides preferred body shops also so they approved. Car is going back today and the owner of the body shop is personally filling my tank and personally paying for my rental car until things are made 100% right. I've always been 100% nice to them but I blew up their voice message machines last night. 3 of my insurance managers and my claims provider, the body shops message machine, the body shops manager message machine, and I called the owner's personal cell phone. I hate to be that **** but i've had enough of them taking me around the block and not taking me seriously. "keep in mind i'm 21 so they probably think I know jack @#$# about cars when thats not the case at all. ~more updates to come.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
NickFRS

Car is almost finished thanks to Fix Auto and Toyota of Gladstone. Fix stepped it up these past couple days and got their stuff done. I'd give them a 4/5 on body work but 3/5 on the overall job... Deff have to keep them on their toes but I wouldn't really recommend taking a a car there for big jobs.