follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
cjsporl1996
Banned

Drives: WRB BRZ, Monte Carlo SS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Openflash rev matching

Does anyone know of a way to add rev matching to an openflash rom. I sent shiv a pm but he won't reply to my message. I'm sure that I am not the only one who wants this feature so I am asking help from the community.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsporl1996 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to add rev matching to an openflash rom. I sent shiv a pm but he won't reply to my message. I'm sure that I am not the only one who wants this feature so I am asking help from the community.
It's been asked before and the answer is its not coming as of right now. The feature is arguably unnecessary and becomes annoying in stop and go traffic from what I've read about it. If you really want rev matching, you are probably going to hear people say learn to do it yourself. Its not that hard and provides much more of a driving experience instead of having a computer automate it for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
I've been pretty busy today and I would appreciate some slack when it comes to answering PMs. Especially ones that were sent to me in the last few hours (while I've been on the dyno). My schedule is rarely convenient for PMs. If you need an answer sooner than a few hours, please call or email the sales department (link in sig). That's their job to help you with product questions. Unfortunately, I can only help when time permits.

But to answer you questions, we don't expect to ever offer auto blip. And custom tuning services will be available once we catch up to other jobs. Lots of stuff to release before the holidays and I certainly can't take on a big custom tuning jobs at this time. Once we get some time to breathe, we will launch that service for our customers.

Cheers
shiv
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
tonylop33 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
cjsporl1996
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I've been pretty busy today and I would appreciate some slack when it comes to answering PMs. Especially ones that were sent to me in the last few hours (while I've been on the dyno). My schedule is rarely convenient for PMs. If you need an answer sooner than a few hours, please call or email the sales department (link in sig). That's their job to help you with product questions. Unfortunately, I can only help when time permits.

But to answer you questions, we don't expect to ever offer auto blip. And custom tuning services will be available once we catch up to other jobs. Lots of stuff to release before the holidays and I certainly can't take on a big custom tuning jobs at this time. Once we get some time to breathe, we will launch that service for our customers.

Cheers
shiv
Hey shiv, let me apologies I just felt like you were ignoring me since you were answering other questions in other threads. Again I'm sorry if I offended you.

-cj
Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hey shiv, let me apologies I just felt like you were ignoring me since you were answering other questions in other threads. Again I'm sorry if I offended you.

-cj
No worries. I tend to answer questions on the forum first (time permitting) because the answers can benefit everyone. PMs usually get answered last. Which is why I recommend email the sales@vishnutuning.com account for pressing concerns. I'm just the developer here. Not the first point of contact to all questions pertaining to the OFT (although I do try my best when time permits). When in doubt, email/call/PM the boys at the office (garrett@vishnu and robert@vishnu).
Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
cjsporl1996
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
No worries. I tend to answer questions on the forum first (time permitting) because the answers can benefit everyone. PMs usually get answered last. Which is why I recommend email the sales@vishnutuning.com account for pressing concerns. I'm just the developer here. Not the first point of contact to all questions pertaining to the OFT (although I do try my best when time permits). When in doubt, email/call/PM the boys at the office (garrett@vishnu and robert@vishnu).
I do have a question regarding the new perrin 3 inch cold air intake that requires a tune. Would that work for the stage 2 tune?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
I do have a question regarding the new perrin 3 inch cold air intake that requires a tune. Would that work for the stage 2 tune?
Judging by their inclusion of the MAF calibration table on their website, it would appear that adding this to any tune would be a simple copy and paste of their table into the tune you want to use.

As for any other changes that would have to be made to the maps, shiv would have to answer that. Perrin seems to think it makes more power as apparent by their posted dyno chart showing gains on an ECUtek tune. The fact that shiv is selling perrin parts now seems to be somewhat of an endorsement (intended or not) that it works. I have strongly considered getting the 3" intake but I've been waiting for someone else to confirm gains instead of just looking pretty.

Closed Thread

Tags
get op a tampon, impatient op, lacks racerom, openflash, openflash tablet, racerom, rev matching