follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #57
Jolaessss

Drives: SWP FR-S
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Works View Post
Hey buddy, I know that you have had quite a few opinions in this thread on all headers, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that if you have any unanswered questions about our product id gladly help you out with those. Thank you for considering our product in your future purchases even if you go a different route

-Matt @ Rev Works
No, I'd like to thank YOU for stopping by and taking the time to make sure all my questions are answered. I think I have made up my mind and I will be going with the RevWorks UEL when I'm ready. Thanks again Matt
Jolaessss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #58
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Not sure why Borla has such a bad rep. They have sold 1000 of these headers, and had a couple growing pains and issues in the very beginning. Those are all worked out, and have a lifetime warranty. Really feel a lot of over reactions going on over a few issues. Borla took care of every single issue. We've got almost 20K miles on ours with a TON of abuse and ZERO issues and if we have one, we'll stand behind it and so will Borla.
No offense but you have a ton of time and money invested in the borla product you are pushing as a vendor...
the issues are not worked out. my header was produced on 7/13/13 and it was junk.
Shit Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #59
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow - You could have told us before...............oh wait, you have, every chance you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit Luck View Post
No offense but you have a ton of time and money invested in the borla product you are pushing as a vendor...
the issues are not worked out. my header was produced on 7/13/13 and it was junk.
cuddefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #60
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
I loved my borla headers. I only let them go because I'm going turbo. I went supercharged first because I didn't want to get rid of my headers AT ALL. Mine came from the first batch released and I had no issues. Call me lucky but that company has been around for a very long time and takes care of people when they do have issues. Either way it's your money.

Do what's in your budget to make YOU happy
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
Jrohit (03-17-2014)
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #61
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc~brz View Post
Do what's in your budget to make YOU happy
Seconded this. Off topic, but your signature picture is mesmerizing. o.o
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightbringer For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (09-19-2013), Obja (09-20-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #62
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
If you are the original owner Borla will fix it.

They can't fix or replace second hand items as they have no idea at all what happened in transit from one party to the other, used, not used, and etc.

Yes we have a lot of time in the product, but anyone can sell it not just us.

I personally think it's a great part for the money and it makes great power. Both the Borla and Revworks are good items, but the Borla has a bad rep for no reason as they fixed all the issues and stand behind the original owner with their lifetime warranty.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #63
Shit Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddefred View Post
Wow - You could have told us before...............oh wait, you have, every chance you get.
and i am going to continue...
its rediculous for a vendor to push a product that everyone knows is a piece of shit...

People keep saying they warranty them, so what if they do.. its a huge hassle to deal with.
they should concentrate on fixing the crap product so they dont have to warranty them.

also yeah mine were second hand.. i am not sure what could have happened to them to cause shitty assembly and piss poor welds.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

also yeah mine were second hand.. i am not sure what could have happened to them to cause shitty assembly and piss poor welds.
you must have shit luck sorry, couldnt help myself. I dunno, after hearing all of these defensive remarks for Borla, and seeing that dyno, I may even be considering them.

How accurate is that dyno? cause I was thinking about revworks but why if Borla gives better gains?
Boofneenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #65
cuddefred

Yawn!

Mate, why don't you start your own whinge thread rather than flogging a dead horse on everyone elses?

Quote:
and i am going to continue...
its rediculous for a vendor to push a product that everyone knows is a piece of shit...

People keep saying they warranty them, so what if they do.. its a huge hassle to deal with.
they should concentrate on fixing the crap product so they dont have to warranty them.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #66
Shit Luck

Quote:
Yawn!

Mate, why don't you start your own whinge thread rather than flogging a dead horse on everyone elses?
if someone is going to ask for peoples experiences or opinions on a product i have owned i will give it.
then when some spews a pile of PR puke that is clearly not true about the issues of the products mentioned I will make it a point to keep someone from having to deal with said shit products if i can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shit Luck For This Useful Post:
Jolaessss (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #67
cuddefred

But you initially wanted Borla to replace your 2nd hand faulty header, which suggests you didn't worry about them being a crappy product at that point. Your main whinge is that they didn't replace your second hand header with a new one, which makes you kind of biased against them in my mind and is why you have continued to beat the drum since then.

Also, I wouldn't say things such as 'its rediculous for a vendor to push a product that everyone knows is a piece of shit...' if I was you,because many people appear very happy with their purchase from Borla.

My two cents and done on the subject!

Quote:
if someone is going to ask for peoples experiences or opinions on a product i have owned i will give it.
then when some spews a pile of PR puke that is clearly not true about the issues of the products mentioned I will make it a point to keep someone from having to deal with said shit products if i can.

Last edited by cuddefred; 09-19-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Missed word out and added bit extra!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuddefred For This Useful Post:
Fast_Freddy (09-20-2013), FT-86 SpeedFactory (09-20-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #68
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
I've been considering both of these products. Thanks everyone for their posts.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whataboutbob For This Useful Post:
Jolaessss (09-20-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #69
Shit Luck

Quote:
But you initially wanted Borla to replace your 2nd hand faulty header, which suggests you didn't worry about them being a crappy product at that point. Your main whinge is that they didn't replace your second hand header with a new one, which makes you kind of biased against them in my mind and is why you have continued to beat the drum since then.

Also, I wouldn't say things such as 'its rediculous for a vendor to push a product that everyone knows is a piece of shit...' if I was you,because many people appear very happy with their purchase from Borla.

My two cents and done on the subject!
trust me the replacement wasnt going on my car...
that peice of shit was going on ebay.
infact i still have that shit header laying in my garage. i refuse to sell it to anyone or even let them have it for free.

I have talked to a few vendors that are nolonger selling them. there is one major vender that is pushing them and i am sure you can guess who it is....
Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #70
mwjcyber

Drives: 13' Subaru BRZ Limited SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
trust me the replacement wasnt going on my car...
that peice of shit was going on ebay.
infact i still have that shit header laying in my garage. i refuse to sell it to anyone or even let them have it for free.

I have talked to a few vendors that are nolonger selling them. there is one major vender that is pushing them and i am sure you can guess who it is....
Guess your forum name summarizes your life.
mwjcyber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mwjcyber For This Useful Post:
Fast_Freddy (09-20-2013)

Tags
borla, borlacrapola, header, headers, rev works