follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2020, 02:33 AM   #71
Plumbus
Seņor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
How do you like the STI mounts? My buddy has them in his 500whp FRS and doesn't have a problem with the engine feeling loose. The Perrin mounts needed to break in at first. They felt a little loose at first but now they're rigid.

I went with the Perrin mounts b/c I needed them ASAP (the car would jerk on decel and when changing gears, it was horrible) and b/c I heard that the STI mounts may not be strong enough for turbo. The STI mounts that I found were all in Japan and pricey.
Haven't tried them yet, I'm sorting the tuning situation for my headers before I install headers, engine mounts, and trans mounts together. I have heard great things about the STI mounts so I'm not really concerned or regretful, and my application is NA. I'll make a thread with first impressions once I install them.

If you are in the same area we could also meet and try each others' setups and see who regrets it haha.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote