follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #281
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carvana

I don't know if it's worth mentioning since they aren't really a dealership and don't provide service. But Carvana was pretty great when it came to purchasing my 18 BRZ and trading my old car. I had a 2013 6-speed manual Mazda 3 iGT, with almost 90k miles on it, and they gave me a pretty good deal. Almost $9,000 for trade in, which was around the same that KBB places the car at for value. No hidden fees from Carvana and the process is pretty straight forward, save some money on dealership fees is a big plus. You can't bargain, but there are other ways to save money, like getting referred by a friend which is exactly what I did. 500$ off right there.
Ordered the car a Friday night and I was taking delivery on it the following Friday. Car was detailed, full tank, and recently serviced. I've had a couple of questions for their C.S dept ( Slow DMV Registration process) and they have been amazing, little longer wait times but it is expected due to current circumstances.

You get one week to test drive it and decide whether to keep it or not.
I got plenty of the manufacturer warranty plus what Carvana offers as their basic warranty so I'm pretty well covered.

I guess the only con about purchasing from them is that you can't service it with them, and you don't get some goodies like Sirius XM /Starlink and the ability to choose a trim or options (New car) like you would in a dealership even you buy it used. I don't care for those things since I got my phone for music and navigation. I just wanted a BRZ even it was the most basic trim.

Overall I highly recommend them and they are perfect if you don't feel like dealing with a slimy car sales rep. Just keep it mind that if you see a car that you like, and don't act fast, someone else will and it locks the vehicle until they either drop out, or their 24 hour timer runs out. But you can set email notifications for when the car you want becomes available.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #282
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
nd you don't get some goodies like Sirius XM /Starlink and the ability to choose a trim or options (New car) like you would in a dealership even you buy it used..
For what it's worth Sirius gives you several months of free service anytime you buy a used car that is Sirius XM equipped, even if you don't buy it from a dealer.

We bought our 2004 Suburban in 2012. I actually didn't activate it with them until sometime in early 2013, but they activated it with a phone call. They never asked where we bought the car, or any proof we had purchased it. Just the Sirius ID and the fact we weren't the previous owners they had listed was good enough.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #283
Fauxrrari

Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MI-Muskegon-Subaru of Muskegon
Sales: Marshal Hartley

Bought my 2020 BRZ Limited from Subaru of Muskegon. Being from out of state (Alabama), the whole process was handled via phone/text and email. Marshal was quick to respond with a walk-around video and lots of pictures of the car. We quickly reached a deal and I flew up to take delivery a few days later. The car was fully detailed and there were no surprises or tricks. Both Marshal (sales) and Bill (financing) were professional and friendly. I even got a follow-up email to make sure I made it home safely and if I had any issues. Would definitely recommend this dealership and especially Marshal.
Fauxrrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:12 AM   #284
Ezio

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ca - Bakersfield - Sangera Subaru - Faraz Ahmed

Called every Subaru in California, Faraz was the only one who was interested in fighting competitive prices (and not mark up). Quite polite. Saved a fair bit for the 2022.

Picked up my '22, everyone was cordial and financing didn't add any markups. Got follow up emails and calls from everyone (Including the correction from the financing department telling me they put 89 in the tank for me, as it was 91 and only put what is the highest recommended available). Strongly suggest giving business here, even if you are not nearby.

Last edited by Ezio; 02-17-2022 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Vehicle Pickup Update
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:02 AM   #285
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Service related:

Subaru of Gwinnett in a northeastern suburb of Atlanta has been tops with me.

Helped me with a throw out bearing in my 2013 BRZ at 45k miles. Worked with SoA on my behalf and got them to kick in $750 on the replacement.

More recently , like last week, they inspected my car after I ran it over a parking curb (airport parking, 4 hours sleep, 6 AM flight. Space in front of me was clear so I pulled ahead and CRUNCH! Backed it up another Crunch!). Sick feeling..

One hour they had the car. All damage limited to shields and skid pans. Nothing to fix. Saw the pics.

And… NO CHARGE. And they washed the car for me.

Color me impressed.

Highly recommended.

Issa is my service advisor.
g e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 05:35 PM   #286
86league

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Service related :

Huffines Subaru of Corinth (Denton) TX

Transmission had been acting up since new. Other dealer told me it wasn't bad enough to be a warranty fix, but it had plenty of warranty -- so bring it back if it got worse. Well, it got worse and 3rd gear wouldn't even stay engaged when it was cold. Took it back and they said they would need $900 to look at it and then Subaru would decide if it was covered.

Huffines just replaced the transmission after a test drive confirmed the issue.

Bosco - service advisor. Elijah - tech. Elijah even stayed late to finish the job so that my car would be ready when I returned from a vacation.

Highly recommended based on this experience - polar opposite to the other dealers I've dealt with.
86league is offline   Reply With Quote