follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #1989
007BRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ Yellow Spec Ed 1of500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Come Race Me ! Had the exact same situatiom

[QUOTE=Tcoat;2943712]How exactly is "Do you race?" signaled?[/QUOTE

I finally pulled over since he had a new Civic Type "R" plastic car.

I was driving my BRZ Yellow with the Crawford build. We agree to meet at a well know spot on 561. I told him to bring $200 and a friend to hold our money.

He did show up, but did not race.. I told him my car was still yellow just put some more ponies in it.
Attached Images

007BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #1990
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeroni View Post
Not really a race me bro encounter - But the new A4 is deceptively fast.

I merged onto the interstate, and as I like to do after sitting in traffic for 20 minutes, I run it through all the gears for no other reason than fun. As I do this, I start to make my way across the 4 lanes to the far left to pass the wall of cars in the right 3 lanes.

So this A4 in the far left lane must have seen this and thought: 'I don't want to get blocked,' so he gunned it. I was going faster than him, and full throttle at the top of 3rd, and the guy just casually blows past me. I had a WTF moment. I thought the A4 only had like 250 hp and tq and weighs like 3,500 pounds. Anyway, the A4 might be kind of boring to look at, but the thing can move.
boring to drive too
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #1991
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
have had moments where random cars want to "run." so far left an acura ilx in the dust, v6 challenger, lexus is250, and plenty others. most of these were when i was just cruising down the highway trying to get home after hanging out with some friends, but i usually wish i can see some of the reactions they have when they realize they can't keep up with a "slow" car like ours
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #1992
SoNotCool

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
i get it all the time, especially when commuting here on the freeways in the valley ...
SoNotCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #1993
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Not really a race me bro encounter - But the new A4 is deceptively fast.

I merged onto the interstate, and as I like to do after sitting in traffic for 20 minutes, I run it through all the gears for no other reason than fun. As I do this, I start to make my way across the 4 lanes to the far left to pass the wall of cars in the right 3 lanes.

So this A4 in the far left lane must have seen this and thought: 'I don't want to get blocked,' so he gunned it. I was going faster than him, and full throttle at the top of 3rd, and the guy just casually blows past me. I had a WTF moment. I thought the A4 only had like 250 hp and tq and weighs like 3,500 pounds. Anyway, the A4 might be kind of boring to look at, but the thing can move.
It's the Awd hacks. Awd is stupid broken and should be nerfed
Old 09-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #1994
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post

make sure not to let riot get wind of this or they'll nerf it down to oblivion.

or ghostcrawler.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #1995
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post
make sure not to let riot get wind of this or they'll nerf it down to oblivion.

or ghostcrawler.
If only our cars were the mages of WoW, they would only see buffs for a long while until ghostcrawler leaves, maybe even that turbo buff everyone keeps QQ about.

But, if it was riot, they would just nerf everything until everything is the same, then everyone would be having wet noodle races and every 5 minutes someone would be telling you to kys.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #1996
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Quote:
Probably some sort of perpetual motion machine in the clutch pack.

And overboost to 20 psi +, probably.
mazeroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #1997
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Probably some sort of perpetual motion machine in the clutch pack.

And overboost to 20 psi +, probably.
Damn germans defying the laws of physics, they probably also fused the brake caliper with a turbo mechanism to propel the rotors, in turn propelling all drive wheels so that when braking is finished, speed can continue. I must now buy an Audi TT
Old 09-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #1998
Yousend

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I met a Cobalt SS on my way back home a few weeks back. I'm stopped at a light and he pulls up, starts reving with his fart can exhaust. I figured I'd let him be a tool bag, but then a brand new BMW M3 pulls on next to him. Expecting to lose to both of them, I just step off my high horse and join them. The M3 destroys us, as expected. I pull away from the cobalt SS and this old Corolla behind me passes that Cobalt... I was left wondering what that Cobalt driver was doing to accelerate so slowly, but then I just drove off normally knowing he was just there to be loud and obnoxious.

Racing from light to light is atypical for me, I may just rev it once in a while but I never engage in races unless it's an obvious mismatch for fun. I've "raced" a GTR once for example.
Yousend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #1999
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousend View Post
I met a Cobalt SS on my way back home a few weeks back. I'm stopped at a light and he pulls up, starts reving with his fart can exhaust. I figured I'd let him be a tool bag, but then a brand new BMW M3 pulls on next to him. Expecting to lose to both of them, I just step off my high horse and join them. The M3 destroys us, as expected. I pull away from the cobalt SS and this old Corolla behind me passes that Cobalt... I was left wondering what that Cobalt driver was doing to accelerate so slowly, but then I just drove off normally knowing he was just there to be loud and obnoxious.

Racing from light to light is atypical for me, I may just rev it once in a while but I never engage in races unless it's an obvious mismatch for fun. I've "raced" a GTR once for example.
I also like to try and keep up when faster cars in front punch it from a stop. I think that's okay provided one doesn't go so far as to get up on their ass after they slow, or make a 'fly by pass,' or anything obnoxious like that. If I'm faster, I ease off. If you are faster, much respect; I know my place is in back.

mazeroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #2000
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
If only our cars were the mages of WoW, they would only see buffs for a long while until ghostcrawler leaves, maybe even that turbo buff everyone keeps QQ about.

But, if it was riot, they would just nerf everything until everything is the same, then everyone would be having wet noodle races and every 5 minutes someone would be telling you to kys.
I didn't understand any of this. You OK? Having a stroke or something?
Clipdat (09-26-2017), JD001 (09-25-2017), ShadowReaper (10-14-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #2001
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I didn't understand any of this. You OK? Having a stroke or something?
Ghostcrawler was a lead developer for the game World of Warcraft back in the day. He would make really bad balancing decisions and decided to make everything so bad and weak, but at the same time virtually the same, just every class (ex. mage, rogue, warrior, etc) had a different method of getting to the end result they desired (doing damage).

Then Riot, which is Riot games is the company behind League of Legends, a game I still currently play. They also had a trend of nerfing characters into oblivion making them unplayable and ironically they also hired ghostcrawler a few years back.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #2002
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Happy with my new exhaust on the way home at night, I took off at a green light full throttle just to hear the thing roar! Vrrrrroooooooo!! But still just barely over the speed limit (50).

Didn't really pay attention to who was beside me at the light, but the cars from the light now behind me EXCEPT! Lo and behold a friggin' 370z with a fresh dealership license plate right
beside me lol passed me by a few feet too! Was funny as hell. Slowed down to speed limit and just cruised until he turned off to the left.

Wasn't trying to race, I just wanted to hear my exhaust! I swear. :P
Lakitu is offline   Reply With Quote