follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #29
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Drives: Raven 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2th View Post
just go to different dealership to get it repaired. some dealers are idiots, i agree it is throw out bearing.
Lol this is the only one which has treated me with respect and not given up on problems immediately. They don't complain about mods and my service guy Mike is awesome. They just really really don't want to do any tranny work as that is labor and if that's warranty work than they, any dealership, would probably rather put the money they would pay the techs, take it, put it all into a metal garbage bin and set it on fire. The money not the techs. I hope.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,517 Times in 18,919 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanisi View Post
Lol this is the only one which has treated me with respect and not given up on problems immediately. They don't complain about mods and my service guy Mike is awesome. They just really really don't want to do any tranny work as that is labor and if that's warranty work than they, any dealership, would probably rather put the money they would pay the techs, take it, put it all into a metal garbage bin and set it on fire. The money not the techs. I hope.

Doesn't make sense, though. As others have said, clutch job on this car is a cakewalk. Warranty work is the easy money AFAIK.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #31
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Doesn't make sense, though. As others have said, clutch job on this car is a cakewalk. Warranty work is the easy money AFAIK.
Well the dealer just called me and said they won't even look at the throwout bearing until it makes the noise at the shop. If I have them do the work to get to inspect the throwout bearing and they deem it either non warranty or normally functioning. 874 dollars for labor. Wow.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #32
Kevinn

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, Black, Manual
Go to a different dealer. Show them the video
Kevinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #33
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Well the dealer just called me and said they won't even look at the throwout bearing until it makes the noise at the shop. If I have them do the work to get to inspect the throwout bearing and they deem it either non warranty or normally functioning. 874 dollars for labor. Wow.

Not joking, you could buy all the tools you need to do the job yourself and come out ahead. Depends on your sense of adventure. If you had the slightest inkling, this could be a really cool experience.

edit: 47 Kmi? That's a warranty job plain and simple! I call bullshit on them.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #34
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Not joking, you could buy all the tools you need to do the job yourself and come out ahead. Depends on your sense of adventure. If you had the slightest inkling, this could be a really cool experience.

edit: 47 Kmi? That's a warranty job plain and simple! I call bullshit on them.
Edit* not going to waste my time as I have 0 experience with any work on clutch or anything serious. If I needed to change the oil or blinker fluid sure lol. But yea this is wayyyyyyy out of my league and not in my time budget especially because it SHOULD be warranty work. I filmed it! But because they can't replicate the sound they want the loaner car back! This is the second time I had to go back as the first time they needlessly replaced the fuel pump which made no impact whatsoever on anything. Unbelievable. 900 dollars to just "inspect" the part I know is breaking down.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #35
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
I'm not going to dirty my hands and waste my time on something which is the most obvious warranty work ever. I filmed it! But because they can't replicate the sound they want the loaner car back! This is the second time I had to go back as the first time they needlessly replaced the fuel pump which made no impact whatsoever on anything. Unbelievable. 900 dollars to just "inspect" the part I know is breaking down.

100% agree. I was just trying to make some lemonade, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #36
samisons

Drives: 2013 Raven Fr-s, 2013 Versa Sedan
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
did they fucking test drive this shit WTF
samisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #37
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send the Video to Toyota HQ and tell them exactly what has been going on and would they suggest you keep driving it until you get stranded somewhere and see what their response is. That's what they have zone offices (or district managers) for. I'm sure they'd like to avoid a tow bill, hotel stay, rental car etc.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White64Goat For This Useful Post:
bdanisi (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #38
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

So after making it known I was in the process of hiring an attorney the head of the service department called me and broke a lot of stuff down for me. Made me feel better. Again this is a great dealership and service dept. This situation has been frustrating but he understood my concern and told me not to worry about the loaner for the time being. But now the time is ticking to get my car off the lot. Is their anything they can do to force the transmission to make that noise at the dealership. Like some way to stress the throwout bearing to make it act up? Open to any ideas. Because they can't replicate it and all I had to do was turn the car on. Seriously open to any tips or suggestions here

Old 12-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #39
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Yeah - go in and turn the car on for them.
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #40
bdanisi
You Made Bro?

They couldn't replicate sound. Getting car back today. Will see what happens next

Old 12-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #41
aagun

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
it should replace the throw out clutch bearing + clutch plate + inside clutch bearing + rear crank oil seal= if oil leaked + check flywheel= shaving it if bad face + check press plate= replace it if wormed + check bearing retainer from scratches.
aagun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aagun For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (12-03-2014)