follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Scion frs headlights side marker lights doesnít turn on please help!

Hello everyone Iím new to the forum Iím lost at this point and looking for experience knowledge around here 😁

So its a scion frs 2014
Iíll start off like this i was installing fog lights and connecting them to my side marker lights left them on for about 2 minutes and all of my lights headlights , side markers and rear lights does not turn on. Disconnected the fog lights and left everything how it was. Checked fuses, relay and nothing is there something I should check?

None of my lights turn on at all and when i try to turn my lights on the beeping noise comes on as if i took the keys out the ignition and left the lights on even though they are off. My cluster shows the high beam light on and the cluster light is on when i close the door. The beeping nose is off when you close the door.

Iím at a lost can anyone please help me out or where should i start looking first. Sorry if Iím not clear enough
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayy32 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 01:52 AM   #2
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 28,091
Thanks: 25,653
Thanked 28,423 Times in 15,111 Posts
Mentioned: 665 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
Hello everyone I’m new to the forum I’m lost at this point and looking for experience knowledge around here ��

So its a scion frs 2014
I’ll start off like this i was installing fog lights and connecting them to my side marker lights left them on for about 2 minutes and all of my lights headlights , side markers and rear lights does not turn on. Disconnected the fog lights and left everything how it was. Checked fuses, relay and nothing is there something I should check?

None of my lights turn on at all and when i try to turn my lights on the beeping noise comes on as if i took the keys out the ignition and left the lights on even though they are off. My cluster shows the high beam light on and the cluster light is on when i close the door. The beeping nose is off when you close the door.

I’m at a lost can anyone please help me out or where should i start looking first. Sorry if I’m not clear enough
Hello Jayy32 and welcome to our forum -

Are you sure you checked ALL of the relevant fuses?

Did you check the two BIG fuses on top of the battery?

Come back.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (07-14-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Hello Jayy32 and welcome to our forum -

Are you sure you checked ALL of the relevant fuses?

Did you check the two BIG fuses on top of the battery?

Come back.
Thank you brother, I have checked all the fuses and the two big fuses someone mention it could be the bcm is there any way to test if the bcm is fried?
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayy32 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 28,091
Thanks: 25,653
Thanked 28,423 Times in 15,111 Posts
Mentioned: 665 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
Thank you brother, I have checked all the fuses and the two big fuses someone mention it could be the bcm is there any way to test if the bcm is fried?
Oh, my, checking the BCM is waaaay over my pay grade -

I'll summon ol @Tcoat for you to see if he has any ideas.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh, my, checking the BCM is waaaay over my pay grade -

I'll summon ol @Tcoat for you to see if he has any ideas.
I would like to be sure that the bcm is fired , is there any chance to check it?
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:47 AM   #6
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,174
Thanks: 57,852
Thanked 98,100 Times in 42,666 Posts
Mentioned: 2382 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
I would like to be sure that the bcm is fired , is there any chance to check it?
Will need to be able to check and read codes. You will have a communication error code if BCM is screwed.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Will need to be able to check and read codes. You will have a communication error code if BCM is screwed.
So in order to find out if the bcm is fired I would need a computer? What would cause all my lights to not work all my dash lights are on. I had someone checked out i have no idea what he did but he was under the driverseat and the side marker turn on but they didnít turn off unless i disconnected the battery. He said he will check it out later today or tomorrow heís gonna do some research. Iím definitely at a lost here
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:10 PM   #8
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,174
Thanks: 57,852
Thanked 98,100 Times in 42,666 Posts
Mentioned: 2382 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
So in order to find out if the bcm is fired I would need a computer? What would cause all my lights to not work all my dash lights are on. I had someone checked out i have no idea what he did but he was under the driverseat and the side marker turn on but they didnít turn off unless i disconnected the battery. He said he will check it out later today or tomorrow heís gonna do some research. Iím definitely at a lost here
The BCU controls all the sub systems such as lights. If it is fried then they are not receiving the commands they need to work properly. Really no way to physically check it so yes you need a code reader. You probably shorted something out when installing the fog lights and damaged the bcu. Odd that you didn't blow a fuse though. You did check both fuse panels (in the car and under the hood) right? Some people have missed that there are two.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #9
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The BCU controls all the sub systems such as lights. If it is fried then they are not receiving the commands they need to work properly. Really no way to physically check it so yes you need a code reader. You probably shorted something out when installing the fog lights and damaged the bcu. Odd that you didn't blow a fuse though. You did check both fuse panels (in the car and under the hood) right? Some people have missed that there are two.
Yessir i have checked the one under the driver seat and the outside fuse box double checked all my relays and fuses and nothing. I seen a bcu they are selling its a 2015 though will it fix the 2014? Would it be a plug and play if i remove the old one and put the new one in?
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayy32 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-13-2021), Tcoat (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #10
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 28,091
Thanks: 25,653
Thanked 28,423 Times in 15,111 Posts
Mentioned: 665 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
Yessir i have checked the one under the driver seat and the outside fuse box double checked all my relays and fuses and nothing. I seen a bcu they are selling its a 2015 though will it fix the 2014? Would it be a plug and play if i remove the old one and put the new one in?
Let's see if ol @steve99 has any ideas -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #11
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Let's see if ol @steve99 has any ideas -
Appreciate the help brother if this 2015 bcm fits the 2014 and if its plug and play Iíll order it and get it out the way to see if thats the problem.
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayy32 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #12
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 28,091
Thanks: 25,653
Thanked 28,423 Times in 15,111 Posts
Mentioned: 665 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
Appreciate the help brother if this 2015 bcm fits the 2014 and if its plug and play I’ll order it and get it out the way to see if thats the problem.
Do you have a code reader or not. If not, I recommend that you purchase an inexpensive one and plug it into your car to see if it tells you anything.

As far as the BCM for a 2014 being the same as the one for a 2015, you may ask a friendly parts person at a dealership to advise you.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #13
Jayy32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: Scion frs
Location: Miami fl
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bump any ideas ��*��
Jayy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayy32 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 02:27 AM   #14
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 28,091
Thanks: 25,653
Thanked 28,423 Times in 15,111 Posts
Mentioned: 665 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy32 View Post
Bump any ideas ��*��
Again - any codes?

You might check that the bcm is grounded proper -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 OEM Headlights, turn signals, side markers, reverse light, & Valenti tail lights Vinsanity091 Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.) 4 06-11-2017 05:56 PM
Winjet doesn't know direction to turn for adjustment on headlights. Anyone here know? Username Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 1 10-05-2016 03:54 PM
License Plate and Side Marker Lights Won't Turn On - Please Help! Ammunition Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 4 10-06-2014 01:52 PM
Side Marker lights won't turn on uEih Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 13 09-24-2014 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.