follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #6217
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
And who r u to judge others' builds? You're definition of "mediocrity" is someone else's goals and dreams.

Why can't we learn from the Japanese. Have you seen their car culture? They make their cars look unique and others respect it. Why do you have to rip on someone else's life just to feel better about yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because a black rocket bunny with the same wheels as the other black rocket bunny in the same city isn't unique. I understand that's a hard concept for you to grasp, though.

As soon as someone posts something, they're opening the door to criticism. If you can't take it, get off the internet and only chill with like minded people
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #6218
allowe

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Because a black rocket bunny with the same wheels as the other black rocket bunny in the same city isn't unique. I understand that's a hard concept for you to grasp, though.

As soon as someone posts something, they're opening the door to criticism. If you can't take it, get off the internet and only chill with like minded people

Again, to you it's crap but to him, its great and he has every right to post and do to his car whatever the hell he wants.

And likewise, the moment you posted that post. You opened yourself to criticism.

Man you must be one miserable dude.

allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #6219
Cole
Not a troll

Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Again, to you it's crap but to him, its great and he has every right to post and do to his car whatever the hell he wants.

And likewise, the moment you posted that post. You opened yourself to criticism.

Man you must be one miserable dude.

Sure he has every right to post it, but to become a cry baby the second someone doesn't agree with him (or to cry about not taking a trophy home from a show, which has happened before, lol) shows that the respect all builds culture is a joke.

Have you ever won a participation medal before? Judging by your attitude, I bet you have.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #6220
allowe

Quote:
Sure he has every right to post it, but to become a cry baby the second someone doesn't agree with him (or to cry about not taking a trophy home from a show, which has happened before, lol) shows that the respect all builds culture is a joke.

Have you ever won a participation medal before? Judging by your attitude, I bet you have.

Look man I'm with you. I think rocketbunny kits are terrible. If you don't have the horsepower to back it up, you've ruined a good car. I would never do it to mine. I've seen people who have just rocketbunny kits but nothing done to the engine. I think they're dumb but hey if it makes them happy. Who am I to judge?

The only "rice" thing I've got on my car (atleast I think) is a wrapped hood in carbon fibre. I bought it that way and I think it looks amazing. I've had someone else cuss me off at a timmies calling me ricer. It doesn't bother me at all because I like it lol

The Following User Says Thank You to allowe For This Useful Post:
PDM 2 (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #6221
OrangeGuitar

Drives: '17 BRZ Dark Grey Sport-tech 6MT
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
"Respect all builds" encourages mediocrity. Didn't realize being honest was a bad thing. Maybe it would result in less kids following trends to boost their IG egos.

People post to share their enthusiasm with the community. For those who would build differently, we like to see those builds too

Trash talk masquerading as honesty is not enlightening anyone. People like what they like. If you feel a need to tell someone their baby is ugly, don't assume this is doing the world a favour. We choose to put out positive energy in the community or not.

Didn't do anything with my car today but drive to work. I also chose to lend some tools to other ft86 enthusiasts to mod their rides.
OrangeGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OrangeGuitar For This Useful Post:
allowe (07-07-2017), Canehda (07-06-2017), DjDATZ (07-07-2017), Dougboy (07-07-2017), JT.86 (07-07-2017), KingBaeless (07-07-2017), new2subaru (07-06-2017), PDM 2 (07-06-2017), SLVRSRFR (07-07-2017), TorontoNat (07-07-2017), v1beeee (07-06-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #6222
XiNAVRO

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I will never touch anything performance related, as my 86 is an automatic daily driver occasionally shared with my better half. I will rice the ever living hell out of it, though.

/s

Today I drove my 86 to work, almost got hit by a Maserati Levante (SUV) whose driver was constantly playing with the phone and was not checking blind spots, and decided to make a 2-lane change 4 metres before a left turn.

Thankfully I was eyeing the car and was cautious the whole time, and did not get hit. The driver gave me a fair bit of profanity though for honking and not letting them in.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #6223
DjDATZ
EightSixClub Co-Founder

Drives: Selina (FR-S), Rondo EX V6 & fortwo
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiNAVRO View Post
Today I drove my 86 to work, almost got hit by a Maserati Levante (SUV) whose driver was constantly playing with the phone and was not checking blind spots, and decided to make a 2-lane change 4 metres before a left turn.

Thankfully I was eyeing the car and was cautious the whole time, and did not get hit. The driver gave me a fair bit of profanity though for honking and not letting them in.
I honked at a work van for not moving up enough in an intersection during a left turn. When I passed them, I saw the passenger flipping me the bird. Then when they caught up again with me an intersection later because I was waiting to make a right turn, I got the bird again, and the passenger mouthed exactly what you'd expect... Somebody must have been having a bad day because I just laughed it off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Like EightSixClub on FB, and follow us on Twitter!
DjDATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #6224
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

So wait, your saying every build should be unique and that before I mod my car I have to make sure there isn't a similar one in my area before I do it...naw.

I do agree with the internet thing although I don't think Vader actually ever said anything on here so...
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorontoNat For This Useful Post:
boris (07-14-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 12:07 AM   #6225
tanner

Drives: '10 S4/'13 BRZ/'16 GT4/E30 M3
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Not quite in the GTA, left Mosport after 5PM Friday, got into Enniskillen and had to find a place to stop on the side of the road to look something up on the phone and exchanged waves with a WRB BRZ. Later on the way home across the 401, just before exiting onto Sheppard Ave./Port Union, exchanged waves with a silver FRS. White twin from Ottawa parked near the turn four bridge also at the track today.

tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #6226
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yesterday I exchanged waves with THREE white FR-S's at different points through-out the day. They were all different cars.

First was white with a black vinyl'd roof, turning into Classic Honda parking lot in the Brampton Auto Mall around 4:00ish. I waved as I also turned into the Classic Honda parking lot in order to drive through to the Timmie's in the plaza behind it (I had just left Subaru of Brampton). The car did not follow me through and turned into the actual Classic Honda parking lot behind me.

Next was another white FR-S, this time with blacked out OEM wheels and a SARD rear wing. It was turning left onto Van Kirk from Bovaird (so in the Brampton Auto Mall again). I was waiting at the light to turn left onto Bovaird from Van Kirk. The driver saw me and gave the bunny ears out the window as he made his turn, which I reciprocated. Everyone else waiting at the light must have noticed our waves, because the 2 guys in the Ford Escape beside me were ogling my car and laughing afterwards, and a guy crossing the cross-walk also stared at my car and gave me a thumbs up. This was somewhere around 5pm.

The last one was somewhere along Castlederg Sideroad in Caledon; at Humber Station intersection if I remember correctly. This one looked stock. I highbeamed and gave a wave, and the driver waved back at the last second through the windshield. It may have even been a female driver, but I didn't get a good enough look. Close to 6pm or just after.

Last edited by SLVRSRFR; 07-08-2017 at 12:34 PM.
SLVRSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #6227
Gehnecide

Drives: 2016 Halo Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post

Next was another white FR-S, this time with blacked out OEM wheels and a SARD rear wing. It was turning left onto Van Kirk from Bovaird (so in the Brampton Auto Mall again). I was waiting at the light to turn left onto Bovaird from Van Kirk. The driver saw me and gave the bunny ears out the window as he made his turn, which I reciprocated. Everyone else waiting at the light must have noticed our waves, because the 2 guys in the Ford Escape beside me were ogling my car and laughing afterwards, and a guy crossing the cross-walk also stared at my car and gave me a thumbs up. This was somewhere around 5pm.
I was just about to come on and post this! Good seeing you again, the wheels were really dirty but they're bronze behind all that brake dust, they're actually your old ones was on my way to get exhaust gaskets before the guy broke it taking it off.
Gehnecide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gehnecide For This Useful Post:
SLVRSRFR (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #6228
SLVRSRFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehnecide View Post
I was just about to come on and post this! Good seeing you again, the wheels were really dirty but they're bronze behind all that brake dust, they're actually your old ones was on my way to get exhaust gaskets before the guy broke it taking it off.
Ah shit man I should have known it was you because of the wing! lol. Good seeing you again too! Small world. Didn't recognize you because of the sunglasses LOL.

They did have a bronze tinge to them but I wasn't sure, so I just said black LOL they weren't that dirty. Glad to know they're holding up for you!

He broke your exhaust? Or the gasket? Jeez...I had just left Subaru when you saw me and found out I need close to $2k in repairs to get rid of this goddamn check engine light that came on last week. Not a happy camper right now.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #6229
allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
Ah shit man I should have known it was you because of the wing! lol. Good seeing you again too! Small world. Didn't recognize you because of the sunglasses LOL.

They did have a bronze tinge to them but I wasn't sure, so I just said black LOL they weren't that dirty. Glad to know they're holding up for you!

He broke your exhaust? Or the gasket? Jeez...I had just left Subaru when you saw me and found out I need close to $2k in repairs to get rid of this goddamn check engine light that came on last week. Not a happy camper right now.

Sorry to jump in on this conversation. What do u need to change? Maybe one of us can help.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #6230
SLVRSRFR

Quote:
Sorry to jump in on this conversation. What do u need to change? Maybe one of us can help.

I appreciate the offer! But I think this is work that Subaru will have to perform.

It's the dreaded P0018 check engine light/slip light combination code. There's a lot of threads in the "Issues/Warranty/TSB" forum that explain this issue in full, but basically the code is for a faulty cam actuator system on the intake side. The car is running perfectly fine, but it's in "limp" mode, meaning I'm only getting about 60% of my power. As if this car wasn't slow enough to start with, it's an absolute DOG now...getting onto the highway is scary, with the pedal glued to the floor in 3rd and barely moving.

On the advice of Subaru Brampton service manager, I swapped the sensors from one bank to the other to see if the code flipped sides, but it did not. So I took my car to Subaru Brampton yesterday for a diag.

Turns out the "learning values" in my ECU are 14 apart from each other, when they should be less than 10 apart. According to the service manager, that means the worst case scenario; my cam actuators, oil control valves, camshaft assembly with sprocket, and probably the ECU will all have to be changed to potentially eliminate the problem.

I've seen a lot of other owners in the threads about this issue have to do the same thing. The advantage they have is warranty. I am at 110k now, and no extended warranty, so this is looking like I'll have to foot the entire bill.

That is what is pissing me off the most about this whole thing. 99% of the stories I've read about this issue are from people who are still in warranty, so all of this was repaired at no expense. It is a KNOWN issue that has happened on hundreds, if not thousands, of cars in North America alone. There are TSB's that exist that talk about this SPECIFIC code. And yet, Subaru and Toyota don't want to take the blame or admit a fault. So basically, simply because I'm 10k over warranty, I am now being held responsible to spend $2k of my own money to fix a KNOWN issue.

I have reached out to Subaru Canada to discuss and see if there's anything they can do, because I think that's bullshit, plain and simple, and I'm not spending a penny until I hear from them. I'm going to fight tooth and nail, and if they don't bend, sadly I might sell this car and never buy another Subaru product ever again.

Sorry for the rant. I'm not happy about this whole situation, if you couldn't tell.

Tags
:popcorn:, tag many things