follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #29
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ok so I figure ill add to this thread. I had the same problem and pulled everything apart in the same way but...the plastic reciever box was buzzing against the actual pc board! So I potted it in epoxy problem solved, problem staying solved.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #30
Suparu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I pulled apart the rear deck shelf and gently pryed every metal gap with a flathead until the metal cracking sound would stop. Then filling it with white lithium grease and eventually spray foam when sound persisted.

My wireless receiver was tight and didn’t make any sound when I moved it by hand. But I removed it anyway and put some foam weatherstripping under it. Now my car’s rattle free finally.

I’ve realized the rattles vary between 86’s but there’s some great posts on this forum to help. I’ve been hunting creaks/rattles for the past month and I think I’ve finally addressed them all. I had to hit several different problem areas in the trunk and rear deck shelf. Now I’ll put the plastics back one at a time and deal with plastic rattling as I encounter it. Hopefully there will be no additional rattles from the plastics as I put it back together. But my experience so far has been the opposite, especially since my BRZ is a 2013 model. But man it feels good to have a creak/rattle free car!

What threw me was some of the metal freaking sounded like it was coming from above the B pillar but turned out to be the wireless receiver which seemed snug and tight in my case. But apparently it was a source of racket after all.