follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
alitee

Drives: silver frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VENDORS IN CANADA

Hey guys planning to purchase and exhaust soon.

I ordered some stuff off of ft86speedfactory amazing and all but the duties and shipping was insane.

I live in Canada and im wondering if there is any good reputable canadian vendors? i was gonna go with ft86motorsports but theres so many bad reviews on it i dont want to risk it

Thank you all
alitee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alitee For This Useful Post:
Mic7796 (09-06-2020)
Old 10-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
Tuxedo Tony

Drives: Frs
Never had a problem with FT86motorsports. Ordered 3 times so far and multiple items each time. They forgot gaskets once and sent them next day. My last order was brake rotors and I received them exactly 24hrs after I placed my order. Just my experience hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuxedo Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #3
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Never had problems with ft86motorsports since I got the car almost 3 years ago. Bought tons of things and never had a problem. Talked to the guy on facebook many times and still do if I need a quote or just to chat about the availability of a part. In fact, message ahead of time (on facebook), tell them which exhaust you want and find out what the lead time on them is at the moment. That way there are no surprises. If a vendor takes 6 months to ship the part, unfortunately there’s nothing they can do about that.
Mic7796 (09-06-2020)
Old 10-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,346 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Another that's never had a problem with FT86 Motorsports. I have had a half dozen orders with them.

Touge.ca
JRP
Alpha Motorsports
NV Auto

Some others off the top of my head. I haven't had any direct experience with them yet.
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
SpankNapkin

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
I have to vouch for garage 16, great pricing, and I got my parts incredibly fast.

I will give credit to ft86motorsports, they do have some bad rep on here. It sounded like the store used to be a one man operation, and there were lots of customer support issues. It is my opinion that this is no longer the case.

When I ordered, I made two orders at the same time, and one of the items in one of my orders was unavailable, and the order wouldn't have been eligible for free shipping. I asked to combine the orders, they were able to do so, and apart from waiting for a few weeks for them to receive my OFT, everything went well. So in my opinion the customer service is more than acceptable.

I notice you're out in BC, i think image in motion is out that way, never ordered from them so I have no idea. Might be an option for you.

Some other vendors that seem worthwhile:

tougetuning
subieland.ca
SpankNapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
dallas

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Sean at subieland.ca will get the job done.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
GYNXxx

Drives: 2013 FRS/2017 Toyota 86
I got a front lip from Ft86motorsports and received it exactly as the time frame stated. I just emailed ahead to make sure the item really was in stock like the website had stated
GYNXxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GYNXxx For This Useful Post:
Mic7796 (09-06-2020)
Old 10-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #8
scotto79

Drives: 2016 Ablaze FRS
Another good one for FT86motorsports, I had ordered a license plate frame, and they had emailed me right away stating it was a special order item and that it was 10 days or so. Messaged me again when it was in stock and had a tracking number right away.
scotto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #9
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Placed and received my first order from FT86motorsports. 4 items, 2 special order (states on website 10-15 business days before shipping).
On the 15th day I received an email that they were still waiting for item 'X'.
I replied asking if they had an eta or if swapping to one of the slightly more expensive versions of the same component would be faster.
Received a response quickly that it should arrive either that afternoon or on Monday (it was Friday) and they would ship everything as soon as it arrived.
I guess it arrived less than an hour from our email conversation as I got a tracking number on Friday and received everything yesterday.
Their emails came from 2 different people but didn't seem disjointed either.

10-15 business days of waiting for shipment isn't exactly my favourite but it was stated clearly up front. When they thought they were going to be late they notified me. In the end it wasn't any later than they'd stated and I got everything I ordered in good condition and well packaged. No complaints from me.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #10
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Yeah I think something has changed recently cause I also (for the first time) received an email after 2 weeks telling me there's a delay. The order's been shipped but good on them for following up.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #11
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not to highjack the thread but I just received a nasty reply from FT86motorsports, which is located an hour away from home. I simply made an inquiry about a part in stock and they made some smartass replies.

First email : I asked if they had the Perrin Relocation Front Plate Kit in stock for the Subaru BRZ

Reply #1 : They replied promptly that they needed a link to the page or the part number to check availability (like okay, you should know what you're selling, I was quite clear in my inquiry, but sure, I'll copy paste your inventory number on your website)

Reply #2 : They replied the next day sending me a screenshot of their website circling the "in stock" wording basically telling me "If you look at the website it states that it is in stock so it's in stock".

Just not impressed. Felt like replying that according to their shitty reviews online I was just making sure that the part was in stock, as many complained about the issue and crazy delays. I stayed quiet and decided to take my business elsewhere.

Any reliable and customer oriented vendors in Canada for 2020? I just contacted BRZ World. We will see how that goes.
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUSPECT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
wparsons (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #12
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSPECT_BRZ View Post
Not to highjack the thread but I just received a nasty reply from FT86motorsports, which is located an hour away from home. I simply made an inquiry about a part in stock and they made some smartass replies.

First email : I asked if they had the Perrin Relocation Front Plate Kit in stock for the Subaru BRZ

Reply #1 : They replied promptly that they needed a link to the page or the part number to check availability (like okay, you should know what you're selling, I was quite clear in my inquiry, but sure, I'll copy paste your inventory number on your website)

Reply #2 : They replied the next day sending me a screenshot of their website circling the "in stock" wording basically telling me "If you look at the website it states that it is in stock so it's in stock".

Just not impressed. Felt like replying that according to their shitty reviews online I was just making sure that the part was in stock, as many complained about the issue and crazy delays. I stayed quiet and decided to take my business elsewhere.

Any reliable and customer oriented vendors in Canada for 2020? I just contacted BRZ World. We will see how that goes.
BRZ world is a good guy. Met him in person, never actually ended up getting anything through him though, time wasn't right.

JRP always gets the job done, but customer service wise, depends who you talk to. I always prefer talking to 'Jules', but most others are cool.

XIIImotorsports has an awesome team.

FT86motorsports, idunno man, I've had a bad time with these guys, might've just been me and the timing, but it was numerous times so I just gave up on them and never looked back. Somewhere on this forum I've talked about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
SUSPECT_BRZ (07-11-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #13

Drives: 2013 FRS
Any BRZ/FRS/86 shops in Calgary? Looking to order parts for track car build. I have the parts saved on FT86motorsport. They seem responsive to a few question I asked On oil coolers and track pads. Wondering if there is a local option?
85258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #14
Dunction

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP
I also stayed away from FT86 motorsports based on the bad reviews.

I can recommend XII Motorsports and Touge Tuning. I've also purchased Subie stuff from Teknotik. They don't have Subie parts in their website, but they can special order.
Dunction is offline   Reply With Quote