follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2023, 04:52 AM   #1
Favato

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom subwoofer box

Hi Guys, a while ago I decided to replace the ugly very bulky subwoofer box that came with the car when I purchased.

I lost track of how much time I spent on it since I moved interstate 3 times and I was on and off working on this project, but I believe it was something around 40-60hours labour.

The subs are compact KICKER CWRT84 8" wired in parallel to an 1ohm load.

I have never done anything like this before, however I did have some access to some tools, but IMHO anyone can do it in a shed or garage.

I`m very pleased with the outcome, it is more than enough bass coming from the boot and it is quite slick and minimalist, specially when compared to the one that was fitted.

I also installed it picking up on the boot frame holes (the ones with just some plugs) so that it is dead stiff. I will later install some grills to protect against any lose itens I decide to place at the back.

Hope you enjoy
Attached Images

Favato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Favato For This Useful Post:
Alastor (03-09-2024)