follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
xdbuix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue Limited BRZ
Location: Burke, VA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
tail lights and light light bar installation

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a place where I can get tail lights and the light bar installed. More specifically, the light bar, just because the tail lights seem like something I can do. I'm not too fond with messing with the wiring for the light bar. I'm in the Northern Virginia area! I'm basically still just shopping around for now, but if you guys know of any reputable and recommended shops. Lemme know!

I'll post a link below to the exact set of tail lights and light bar I'll be getting.





http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35415
__________________
2013 Galaxy Blue Limited Subaru BRZ
DEAD 1994 Camry 9-21-2012
xdbuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
kanundrum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 5,364
Thanks: 2,704
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbuix View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a place where I can get tail lights and the light bar installed. More specifically, the light bar, just because the tail lights seem like something I can do. I'm not too fond with messing with the wiring for the light bar. I'm in the Northern Virginia area! I'm basically still just shopping around for now, but if you guys know of any reputable and recommended shops. Lemme know!

I'll post a link below to the exact set of tail lights and light bar I'll be getting.





http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35415
Have done both and its all 100% DIY very easy
__________________
Ive spent most of my life racing... The rest I just wasted
kanundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
A6M Zero
Member
 
A6M Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S (DD), 05 EVO V///
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 47
Thanks: 17
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PTuning, MachV, Moore Automotive. Those are the 3 big ones here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
A6M Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
AdamBomb518
Stealth ***e
 
AdamBomb518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Paducah, KY
Posts: 154
Thanks: 62
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Do you have stock exhaust or an aftermarket exhaust? It's a LOT easier with an aftermarket one. I could help ya out, I'm always looking for some good karma.
AdamBomb518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
MetheusX
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 Monogram FRS
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I did the tail lights myself, very easy install and took less than 30 minutes. The rear bumper light is kinda hard with the stock exhaust. I went to Pure Automotive and had them install a new exhaust and at the same time do the bumper light install and wiring.
MetheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
xdbuix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue Limited BRZ
Location: Burke, VA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetheusX View Post
I did the tail lights myself, very easy install and took less than 30 minutes. The rear bumper light is kinda hard with the stock exhaust. I went to Pure Automotive and had them install a new exhaust and at the same time do the bumper light install and wiring.
yea i got a stock exhaust myself. If you dont mind me asking, how much they charge u for installing hte bumper light?
__________________
2013 Galaxy Blue Limited Subaru BRZ
DEAD 1994 Camry 9-21-2012
xdbuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
MetheusX
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 Monogram FRS
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbuix View Post
yea i got a stock exhaust myself. If you dont mind me asking, how much they charge u for installing hte bumper light?
It was $100 for the bumper because of the electrical work.
MetheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valenti tail light signal light issue djdnz Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 70 12-03-2017 12:49 AM
Toms tail lights with Valenti bumper reverse light? Phaedrus29 Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 41 02-16-2016 04:45 AM
Zeta Performance - Lights (HID, LEDs, LED Taillights, LED Reverse Light, Trunk Light) ZetaPerformance Exterior Parts - Lighting 172 11-13-2015 10:25 AM
Crystal Eye Tail Light Installation JPxM0Dz DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides 25 09-23-2013 06:43 PM
**Valenti Japan LED Tail Light & Rear Bumper Reverse LED Light** nigel-jdmparts Exterior Parts - Lighting 13 04-30-2013 12:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.