follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 03-29-2022, 05:54 PM   #57
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
If you believe the board scuttlebutt, the Toyotas were something like 80/20 AT and the BRZ's were closer to 50/50 or 60/40 MT.
That is the rumour I mentioned earlier. It is a number somebody pulled out of their ass and everybody just sort of ran with it.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:18 AM   #58
RaceAddict

Drives: '23 BRZ, '16 4RUNNER
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
I have old snapshots of the first round of allocations, where most dealers got a launch unit

Premium MT - 66
Base MT - 42
Premium AT - 39
Base AT - 20

That is not EVERY unit, but gives a rough idea of the ratios. There were some units already marked unavailable as well as filled orders that I couldn't see
So, give or take, a third are AT... seems about logical for the target demographic of this car.

Also, about 40% are Premium MTs. If those numbers play out for the rest of Canada's allocation that means about 200'ish will be Premium MT models. If the production of the 7 available colors is more or less evenly split that means less than 30 of any given color will be sent here.

Just looking at that, I'm not optimistic about getting what I want this summer.
RaceAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:41 AM   #59
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
That AT/MT split for Canada is nice. A snapshot of allocations taken March 9th for the whole US minus gulf states/south was 227 AT and 23 MT. I'm trying to get an updated snapshot now, really hoping that split improves as we go into the nicer months here..
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:34 PM   #60
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
That AT/MT split for Canada is nice. A snapshot of allocations taken March 9th for the whole US minus gulf states/south was 227 AT and 23 MT. I'm trying to get an updated snapshot now, really hoping that split improves as we go into the nicer months here..
That is very hard to believe and SOOOOOO disappointing if true (not calling you a liar). You can add 1 to the 23, though, since I am not an "allocation."
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:38 PM   #61
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
the AT split is mostly due to dealers' ordering habits. One of them posted on the forums "got 5 coming in the x colour" and literally all 5 were AT. So someone who doesnt care too much will walk into the dealer and buy it, and the statistics will say he preferred manual but bought auto cause that's what was available at the moment.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:40 PM   #62
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
the AT split is mostly due to dealers' ordering habits. One of them posted on the forums "got 5 coming in the x colour" and literally all 5 were AT. So someone who doesnt care too much will walk into the dealer and buy it, and the statistics will say he preferred manual but bought auto cause that's what was available at the moment.
thats not how it works for Toyota. factory plans a production run, sends build list to national, national breaks into zones, zones allocate units planned for production. dealers can request whatever they want but have no impact on what is actually built
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #63
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
thats not how it works for Toyota. factory plans a production run, sends build list to national, national breaks into zones, zones allocate units planned for production. dealers can request whatever they want but have no impact on what is actually built
Yep - but it does lead to the chicken or egg question. What would change if TMNA decided to build 50/50 manuals rather than 80/20 (or worse) AT's?

Tcoat would tell you, and I would USUALLY agree, that the number crunchers in Plano have already figured the optimal ratio of MT/AT for TMNA profit/least amount of dealer discord and that is why the number is what it is. I am not sure I agree, and even if he/they are right, if you - Toyota- is pushing this as an enthusiast car/loss leader to begin with, why not accept a few .01 percent less profit in favor of putting more manuals on the road?? Would it be so bad if someone that is 50/50 MT v. AT took a manual because it was there rather than someone who was 70/30 MT v. AT takes an auto because that is what they are forced to accept?
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (03-30-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 07:59 PM   #64
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Garage
TRACK bRED PREMIUM MT
ETA JUNE 2022

@ Medicine Hat Toyota (Southern Alberta)

Last edited by Ghost of Akina; 04-17-2022 at 12:07 AM.
Ghost of Akina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of Akina For This Useful Post:
Rustyoid (04-11-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 01:38 PM   #65
Ghost of Akina

Garage
Quick update: Since no one has reached out to me I will give it till then end of the week and then let the dealer know, allocation will be up for grabs then by who ever acts the quickest.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of Akina For This Useful Post:
Rustyoid (04-11-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 05:21 PM   #66
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post
Quick update: Since no one has reached out to me I will give it till then end of the week and then let the dealer know, allocation will be up for grabs then by who ever acts the quickest.
Oh wow, I saw this and figured it would be snapped up instantly. That's my exact spec. Wish you were in US... you're doing someone here a big favor if they find you!
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:30 PM   #67
Ghost of Akina

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Oh wow, I saw this and figured it would be snapped up instantly. That's my exact spec. Wish you were in US... you're doing someone here a big favor if they find you!

I know I thought for sure I would get some inquiries since there was so much clamour on the post prior but nope.

I am sure it won't sit on the lot for long, I just wanted to help out a fellow member. Maybe someone looking for this exact spec will log in this week lol.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #68
AFBDA

Drives: 10th Anniversary SE MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post

This is the spec I placed an order for back in September...in Toronto. I haven't heard a peep since then. If you're willing to try and get the two dealerships to talk to each other I'll call my dealer and see if he can initiate a trade. I don't know if inter-provincial logistics will prevent this but worth a try? Let me know...
AFBDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #69
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBDA View Post
This is the spec I placed an order for back in September...in Toronto. I haven't heard a peep since then. If you're willing to try and get the two dealerships to talk to each other I'll call my dealer and see if he can initiate a trade. I don't know if inter-provincial logistics will prevent this but worth a try? Let me know...
The vehicle should be reroutable from Alberta to Toronto as its still in production.

However a trade between the two dealers seems extremely unlikely. unless your dealer has another Premium MT to give, or is willing to give up a higher grossing unit in return.
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:38 PM   #70
AFBDA

Drives: 10th Anniversary SE MT
Quote:
The vehicle should be reroutable from Alberta to Toronto as its still in production.

However a trade between the two dealers seems extremely unlikely. unless your dealer has another Premium MT to give, or is willing to give up a higher grossing unit in return.

I guess there's no harm in asking my dealer. I'll DM you if it seems like a realistic possibility.
AFBDA is offline   Reply With Quote