follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #29
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealerships vary widely based on ownership and management. No offense but many dealerships do like to bend people over the barrel. Those fancy coffee/latte machines and "free" snacks, TVs everywhere in the waiting room.. they gotta get paid for somehow. I remember a dealership wanting $500 to change out a TPMS on my wife's Volvo. $50 at a local tire shop.
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #30
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
@RZNT4R yeah so they can sell parts at markup! And they probably overcharge you on a brake job too! Those shops don't get my business!

But even my single-owner shop guy was trying to get me to use parts from his supplier (he's a WRX guy) and he often seems confused about what parts are compatible for a BRZ (which for the most part is nothing!). So for my own sake I need to do my own parts shopping or my guy might do something silly like when he suggested we install a TOB sleeve designed for a WRX.
You seem to be mistaken about something.

We know what parts fit a brz/86 because if we've got a brz/86 in, we'll order parts for that VIN. You seem to want to mix and match, and that is your responsibility. It's s not on the repair shop to know every interchangeability between cars, it's a repair shop, not a tuning or modding shop.

I always say, when you pay for a brake job at the shop yes it costs more, but you pay for the expertise, service and warranty. I roll out brake jobs done RIGHT, and within 18 months, if they go wrong, we warranty them and do them over. Now if you're getting screwed with shitty parts sold at 300% markup and installed on the car by the equivalent of an ape, it's on you to get wise and find a new shop worth your trust.
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RZNT4R For This Useful Post:
Opie (06-16-2020)