follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #435
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
Totally agree with you there.
Also, as point of reference, the 0-60's claimed for their last two "sporty" or sports cars (Cleica, MRS, respectively) were around 7 seconds flat, give or take a few 10ths. Those models are 10 years old (and no longer in production) so hopefully Toyota will strive to do a little better with their new sports car, at least in an upgraded model.

6.5 sec to 60, for example, would not exactly be blistering fast, but it will attract the attention of more boy racers than something at 7 or higher.

It's not ALL about straight line aceleration, but it is ALSO about straight line aceleration.

With that in mind, the MR2 Spyder was consistiently faster than the Miata, and yet, did not capture the hearts and minds of drivers the same way (hence it being discontineud).

I don't know that the FT-86, a 2+2 coupe, will steal the Miata market, so it will have to woo a different one. That one may have to be convinced that they don't really want a Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I'm not kidding. Who the hell can drift in a yaris hbk. LOL
Please don't attempt to do any drifitng on a public road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Not I.
There's always a few outliers in any distribution, apparently even ones comprised primarily of outliers
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #436
matadormi5

Drives: GTI MK5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Dude I don't see what's wrong with that, I would love a Girl that has the same car as me and is also active in the same car club as I am like FT86Club here. It would be cool even nice if she's competitive too.
I agree with everything except for the same car part. I don't want to be cruising around in matching cars going "beep beep!"...feels kinda lame.

If we had similar types of cars like an RS4 and a C63, it'd be infinitely cool.
matadormi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #437
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
And as soon as the cops start harassing you because you have an aftermarket exhaust and the car is dropped, you will soon realize you should move back.
Quote:
Oh we get harassed about that in VA too, I got stopped for my Si's exhaust for being too loud and I had a silencer on. It was only a 2.5 canister cat back and I still have my cat too it wasn't a straight pipe or anything.

Asuza seems like a nice and quiet city though, love that it's got a great view and is surrounded by mountains. I still would have to say I'm jealous of west coast. I was looking into those housing developments that's happening over there, 300K for a big single home is a good price compared to the expensive houses here in DC, 300K will buy you a small town house here.

Though the law on cars over there is tougher I believe.
story time! for a while after i finished swapping my MR2, it had no exhaust. i was running an open 2.5" downpipe, about 18" long, for maybe 6 months. LOUD. yes, that's the word for it. it also runs quite rich with the factory ECU, so it was stinky. one particular night, a police officer was following me for about 2 miles and really didn't seem to care about the noise or smell, and when i turned off onto another street, wasn't followed or given a second look.

a separate occasion i had JUST gotten my car out of storage and hadn't had time to tag it yet, so i was pulled over for expired tags (fix-it ticket which was taken care of the next day, no harm, no foul). my shiny Apexi N1 exhaust was clearly visible, i very obviously have boost, egt, and wideband gauges in my dash, and the whole time he was talking to me, he didn't seem to care one bit that my car was modified.

<3 the midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I'm not kidding. Who the hell can drift in a yaris hbk. LOL
lol, handbrake turns don't count as drifting.
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #438
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NESW20 View Post
lol, handbrake turns don't count as drifting.
I don't take my car to drift. :P

I take it to powerslide! haha.

Drifting wise I go with my friends to a private track in SD to have a little fun--of course-- not in my car. Lol
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #439
Aki

Drives: '96 beater Corolla
Quote:
Oh we get harassed about that in VA too, I got stopped for my Si's exhaust for being too loud and I had a silencer on. It was only a 2.5 canister cat back and I still have my cat too it wasn't a straight pipe or anything.

Asuza seems like a nice and quiet city though, love that it's got a great view and is surrounded by mountains. I still would have to say I'm jealous of west coast. I was looking into those housing developments that's happening over there, 300K for a big single home is a good price compared to the expensive houses here in DC, 300K will buy you a small town house here.

Though the law on cars over there is tougher I believe.
For roads in LA, Little Tujunga Road is a nice drive in the San Fernando. 17-ish miles, not as crowded as Mulholland.

Think getting cop's attention depends on your setup. I have an intake, exhaust and header but get no attention from cops. Quiet 60mm exhaust, OEM Type R header from Japan matted to the stock cat.
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #440
GameOvr

Drives: Blk NA
dont care what every1 says. This is HOT SEX.
Drooling....
but this car doesn't at all look like a low $20k car. It looks like a high $20ks to low $30ks
Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #441
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
Come to Australia. Most girls drive manual
Been there... I prefer Japan.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #442
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Australia has like a what? 5:1 female to male ratio? yeah, I'd go there for a while.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #443
Z6

Drives: 86
Trust me Australia does not have a ratio of 5:1 female:male ratio, more like a 5:1 kangaroo to male ratio.
Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #444
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
id love to go japan, the missus has already been and loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
Australia has like a what? 5:1 female to male ratio? yeah, I'd go there for a while.
and know you know why im 23 and have a fiance already lol
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #445
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Trust me Australia does not have a ratio of 5:1 female:male ratio, more like a 5:1 kangaroo to male ratio.

SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #446
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
hahaha my net died and i just got it working and saw this hahahaha
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #447
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubedo View Post
They have to please the masses
(from what I posted at nasioc) The masses don't care about weight or understeer; this car isn't for them. When Mazda developed the Miata in the 1990s, the raw, wind-in-your hair, lightweight, RWD British roadster had vanished, just like cheap, lightweight, RWD 2+2 coupes no longer exist today. Are there enough enthusiasts who want one to make the Toyobaru a success? I don't know. But I haven't been this excited by a headed-for-production 4-seater in years.

Quote:
I find it funny that when people name toyota cars built for performance and fail to name the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS300.
It's more of a luxury car and the current generation is a bloated pig. Even the 1st gen was portly (I was disappointed when I drove it). Just so I'm not accused of picking on the IS300, note that I think almost all of today's cars are too heavy.

Quote:
And the IS300/Altezza is about the same size as the RSX
Wait, what?

IS300: approx 3250-3500 pounds (depending on generation, options)
RSX: less than 2,800 pounds

I don't think highly of the RSX either.
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #448
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
iv seen more girls here than kangaroos since i came :p
the ratio might not be 5:1 but there are definatly more women than men, especially in the city