follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #337
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSORngr View Post
Do you guys have a show car at your place? I'm not positive I'd like to purchase anything right now, but I would like to see the red leather pieces in person (particularly the piece over the cluster). Might have to check out the knee pads as well. Can you pad up the existing pieces or would I need to get the OEM pads first whenever they become available stateside (I figure they should since they'll be on all MY14 models)? I live in Smyrna so I figure the perk there is I won't have to have anything shipped.

*Figure I might as well ask. Any chance you guys would do some sort of local group buy?
@PSORngr Unfortunately, we do not have a show car, nor do we have a set of the Red Leather products on hand to demo. We could however show you the Red Leather. We try to build all products to order in small batches to ensure the highest possible hand-crafted quality, so we do not typically stock products or keep inventory, especially for semi-custom item configurations like the Red Leather. We currently build the products by padding the OEM plastic parts. There is no difference between the padded JDM knee pad and the US pad, except the padding and wrap on the JDM part. The actual plastic part is the same. To the best of my current knowledge, the price for the product would not/will not change due to the future US market part coming padded from the factory. Additionally, the knee pads, cluster hood, and speaker panels are sold pre-mounted onto factory parts, and the factory part is included in the total price.

We like to do something for local customers. If you came by in person, we could explore that further.

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
PSORngr (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #338
PSORngr

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
There was another gent around here that had red leather. Let me see if I can find the pic.

I don't want to speak for jpm, but if there were ever a group buy I can almost guarantee it would be limited to black with red stitching. They would need to make the reduced cost worth it and customizations just take too much extra time. The regular price is already pretty damn fair.
Figured as much, also figured I might as ask since not asking means an automatic no. I was thinking regular black leather for the knee pads. I'm curious to see if it would be cheaper to get OEM pads or to have JPM pad the existing ones. Looking at those and the door handle area.

JPM, thank you for the clarification. I'll definitely have to stop by at some point (might be able to swing by on the 30th) to check everything out and ask a few questions.
PSORngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #339
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Figured as much, also figured I might as ask since not asking means an automatic no. I was thinking regular black leather for the knee pads. I'm curious to see if it would be cheaper to get OEM pads or to have JPM pad the existing ones. Looking at those and the door handle area.
@PSORngr I do not know off the top of my head how much the JDM pads currently are for the BRZ/86/FR-S. Based on comparing the cost of the parts on this platform between Japan and the US market (from Subaru), I would think that when they do become available in the US they will be close to the same price as the JDM (excluding the cost of shipping). I do know that our knee pads have more padding and are built to a higher quality than the current JDM model, and I would not expect that to change for whatever is ultimately brought to the US market. Additionally, they are available in genuine leather, sim. leather, or Alcantara as opposed to the vinyl from Toyobaru.

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #340
PSORngr

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
Additionally, they are available in genuine leather, sim. leather, or Alcantara as opposed to the vinyl from Toyobaru.
Interesting, I didn't realize the padded OEM knee guards were vinyl. Makes that decision a lot more simple. Thanks again for all the information.
PSORngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #341
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Interesting, I didn't realize the padded OEM knee guards were vinyl. Makes that decision a lot more simple. Thanks again for all the information.
The JDM pads are pretty crappy by comparison. It's more of a rubber than anything.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #342
2pt5RS
Berz

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
@PSORngr I do not know off the top of my head how much the JDM pads currently are for the BRZ/86/FR-S. Based on comparing the cost of the parts on this platform between Japan and the US market (from Subaru), I would think that when they do become available in the US they will be close to the same price as the JDM (excluding the cost of shipping). I do know that our knee pads have more padding and are built to a higher quality than the current JDM model, and I would not expect that to change for whatever is ultimately brought to the US market. Additionally, they are available in genuine leather, sim. leather, or Alcantara as opposed to the vinyl from Toyobaru.

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com

Andrew, the 2014 BRZ is supposed to get those padded pieces.
2pt5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #343
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I saw the JDM pieces and could not believe anyone would pay for them. The Coachworks pieces are far superior, will be curious to see the padded speaker covers.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #344
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
Andrew, the 2014 BRZ is supposed to get those padded pieces.
@2pt5RS When they do actually get them Ill quit referring to them as JDM knee pads.

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
humanshield (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #345
UnOvertime

Drives: Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
I saw the JDM pieces and could not believe anyone would pay for them. The Coachworks pieces are far superior, will be curious to see the padded speaker covers.
100% correct. The JPM pieces are high quality stuff and I have not met one unhappy customer. I have the genuine leather shift boot, e-brake boot, and the simulated leather knee pads (making me think of getting the genuine leather kneepads when they are offered just so it will all match) and while a subtle addition really do make the entire interior look more upscale. A friend of mine has a bunch of the alcantara pieces including the bonded dash panel and even seatbelt covers and it looks amazing. JPM is quality and they will work with you on almost any project.

I was just about the pull the trigger on the speaker surrounds when they were pulled off the site. Now that I am almost finished with my Katzkin leather install I believe I will pick up the knee pads and probably the leather door panel pieces to complete the look.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #346
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Does JPM Coachworks sell just the driver's side console kneepad? I bought the JDM ones and plan on putting them on in two weeks but if JPM does sell one side only, i'll pick it up and a shift boot one too
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #347
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
Does JPM Coachworks sell just the driver's side console kneepad? I bought the JDM ones and plan on putting them on in two weeks but if JPM does sell one side only, i'll pick it up and a shift boot one too
@tracerit Typically we only sell the set, but if you are only interested in one side, please contact us directly via email or PM and we can discuss how to move forward. Thank you!

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 08-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #348
D-Smith
I like ice cream...

Drives: 10 Series FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Do you guys do any red alcantera? maybe special orders?

i want to do the shift boot and e-brake boot.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #349
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Smith View Post
Do you guys do any red alcantera? maybe special orders?

i want to do the shift boot and e-brake boot.
@D-Smith We can do Red (or Any other color of Alcantara) as a special order. There would be a per item fee per boot for the special order. Please contact us directly via PM or email at sales[at]jpmusa[dot]com for more information!

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #350
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Yeah, could I get a gauge hood cover done in red alcantara? that would be nice. Red leather is good but causes glare. red alcantara would sure be unique.

And email sent!