follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikalem View Post
Yeah, I'm with @Sensisnow on this entire debacle, I was just lucky in some regards, having to pay extra to others to help resolve what should have been better engineered in the first place. Rich insinuating that it was user error is ridiculous - and it is actually evidenced in @cobrabyte and @post_break's install video - to get the old line off you had to cut it - the new one was easy to slip on, creating no seal at all. I didn't know that until after the fact, had to educate myself on the types of automotive seals to learn that - in doing all of this I realize you would have been better off buying the parts yourself and just engineering it completely on your own. The only really difficult parts are the ECU, and the tuning. I paid WAY too much money to Visconti for this level of treatment. If you decide to install his line coupler, #1 it's over kill, and #2, it's not reversible. The kit is no longer plug and play at all at this point, which if I had known that, I would have skipped it all together - I didn't know I'd be part engineer/part guniea pig for his company. Money gone, and a lesson learned I guess. Let this be a warning to others, I hope John realizes it's not good to try and milk a little more profit out of something that was designed badly in the first place.

Compare this to Whiteline's com-c problem, they have had no issues with sending me replacements to resolve what is essentially an engineering problem. No shipping, just proof of purchase. This is how a business should behave.
They've shown their true colors now. They've always been about the money and nothing more. I went with them because they promised unlimited free updates, even though they were more expensive. Yet, if you complain about their lack of response when asking about your tune, they make sure to remind you that it's a "free" update and ask you to be patient. After a few weeks, you'll get a new tune that was never optimized for your car...if you're lucky. I sent John new logs over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from him yet.
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Sensisnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #16
enouf
Mr. Grumpy

Drives: 86 GT, Fuji Red, MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm having ridiculous fuel consumption (19mpg, massive drop from stock 27mpg) and the whole engine rattles (the new "cam noise" maybe?) when I go past 3k rpm. Going to open ticket and ask for a proper tune.
enouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
SciOnDrifTtSlIdeR
Drifter

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to SciOnDrifTtSlIdeR
this company should either fold or pull theirs heads outta their asses, all the shit ive been reading on multiple threads point me in the stay the F**K away direction of Visconti Tuning.
SciOnDrifTtSlIdeR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SciOnDrifTtSlIdeR For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
OP, very sorry to hear about this!! I too have had a negative experience with John Visconti and luckily I've been in this industry my whole life and can tell when someone is full of shit. I called BS on the first conversation with him and I took my business to Tony at FA20Club. Call me a Fan Boy or whatever but his service is top notch, parts are great quality, and tunes are best of the best. I let NO ONE wrench on my cars (yea, I have a lift in my garage so I never have to deal with shady mechanics) but I trust him 100% with my toys and that speaks volumes.

When Visconti had his Flex Fuel thread going and going and people were waiting around for his release I politely told people in the thread that FA20Club already had a flex fuel kit available for months now. It's like I was talking to a wall cause I didn't get a single reply..hundreds of comments in the thread begging for a release date and I offered up another solution ready to go and his loyal followers didn't even look. Now there are countless stories of issues with Johns kit and even a car that caught on fire!!

OP, I don't doubt that your comments will soon be deleted just as mine were. If you talk negatively about Visconti on these forums he cries to mods and they delete the posts. The issue is that you're being honest about your own personal dealings with a vendor, just as I was, but others won't get to see your story and inevitably will make the same mistakes. Hopefully the mods will leave this thread and others can share their personal experiences. I can't bash the guy for his dealings with others..just how he treated me in my personal interaction with him.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #19
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by enouf View Post
I'm having ridiculous fuel consumption (19mpg, massive drop from stock 27mpg) and the whole engine rattles (the new "cam noise" maybe?) when I go past 3k rpm. Going to open ticket and ask for a proper tune.
Honestly, dispute the charges and send it back. I know it's a hassle but you're never going to be satisfied at this point. If you have already decided to take a loss then maybe spending a little more $$ with Tony would be a good investment to get a proper tune. He never says "ehh..looks fine to me" when he receives a log.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
chadstyle

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24254

Post #244
Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Good points. Credit card would be the ultimate recourse, some of them offer 90 days for disputes.
Which is why I don't use PP in the first place..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
Which is why I don't use PP in the first place..
I use credit cards through Paypal, that way I am still covered under their agreement.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Last post by John/Rich in the FF kit sale thread was 3 days ago...

That's right, Visconti Tuning is taking this fuel leak issue extremely seriously....

No instructions yet on how to install the upgrades.... Just awesome. I will state it again. Fuel leaks in the engine bay is a SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE and can cause your car to burn down in seconds.

I have lost all respect for this company. You just don't play with people's lives.

I still can't believe the upgrade to a leak-free proof kit costs $$$.

Dude NEEDS to swallow his pride, bite the bullet, recognize the mistake and offer a free upgrade. It's the least you can do with such a serious issue and specially after this platform has made him big $$$

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 08-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (08-14-2013), chadstyle (08-12-2013), F1point4 (08-13-2013), JEFFSTYLE (08-21-2013), Sensisnow (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #24
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
That's right, Visconti Tuning is taking this fuel leak issue extremely seriously....
Of course he is, just give him time to re-arrange his legal structure so that he could just file for bankruptcy and dissolve his company if anybody tries to sue him for damages.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dsgerbc For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I use credit cards through Paypal, that way I am still covered under their agreement.
I don't think it works in the conventional way when you use it thru PP..
I will have to check.. But I looked into once before..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
chadstyle

Quote:
Last post by John/Rich in the FF kit sale thread was 3 days ago...

No instructions yet on how to install the upgrades.... Just awesome. I will state it again. Fuel leaks in the engine bay is a SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE and can cause your car to burn down in seconds.

I have lost all respect for this company. You just don't play with people's lives.

I still can't believe the upgrade to a leak-free proof kit costs $$$.

Dude NEEDS to swallow his pride, bite the bullet, recognize the mistake and offer a free upgrade. It's the least you can do with such a serious issue and specially after this platform has made him big $$$
I couldn't agree more!! You hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #27
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Consider yourself fortunate, OP: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44316
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
enouf
Mr. Grumpy

Drives: 86 GT, Fuji Red, MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Oh yes most definitely. What's ironic is I mentioned "seven circles of hell" in one of my posts that got a bit carried away. The infamous SUBARU BRZ FIRE thread looks alot like hell for John/Rich and to be honest I'm not proud of it. I like to think everyone is reasonable and easy to get along with and it saddens me when that is obviously not the case.
enouf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enouf For This Useful Post:
chilltpr (08-16-2013), neutron256 (08-16-2013)

Tags
campaign: ban jv, canned tunes, e85, flex fuel kit, leak, visconti tuning, viscontifried