follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List
alpine, ATL BRZ, ftc~brz, jamesm, King Tut, OrbitalEllipses, sklimo, SmsAlSuwaidi, Sportsguy83, whitefrs

Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #1023
448hpsti
In Test:Oil Fed SC

Drives: Vortech Prototype Test Car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Curious if you agree: the robispec product still needs some revision, but its the top cooling solution afaik, and one is needed for those of us building 'pioneer builds'

however the ac condensor mounts make no sense to me, what so ever, wtf? I used strip steel stampings(with the holes pre drilled)to mount the condensor, and had to toss the vortech fmic mounts, it needed to shift passenger to make room for the AC stuff

can you post a pic of your fmic and rad install?

while it all fit right in, snug, the install is not for the timid. I had to hack at the mounting and fiddle with it for hours to get it right, but its right, now.

the mount points for the fan shroud,way off, nothing a few minutes with a drill or dremel couldnt solve, but it could be a cleaner fit in "v3", the shroud isnt flush and I resorted to stuffing the gap with foam and laying some 100mph gorilla tape over it for good measure-this is independent of my fmic

David, I'm gonna take it VERY easy and not get into my cars build, my power or promotion of its build-thats the thing that keeps getting me banned. I say its making 280/300/320whp and next thing ya know someone is challenging my dyno readings, my altitude,my mom, etc, not here for that. we all know more power can be made than what I aim for: this is why I think I have been fortunate enough to help develop and test some really killer parts with this car. Had the robispec radiator for a LONG while, just got to putting it in, since I tore down my car for the new Oil fed vortech sc install, this allows me to track my car with the 13+ psi pulley, makes temp management of the fi system a non issue; so lets just say its both fast and bulletproof. 100% oe fuel pump and injection.* /end threadjack

back to your build, the turbo guys may want this: aquamist product that just came out- the BRZ summer module is ready to go today. I know the guys at ecutek were gifted the same wmi kit I bought and they are toying with a ecutek software solution to do the IDC summing, today its a few more wires and there is a bit more tuning burden with the way I have it, so thats another one thats great on any FI car, 91 or 93. Something I think your build, (which has come along nicely I may add,) may benefit too. What kind of power would you tune for if you were on say 98 octane(with the push of a button on of 91?) yes this means more heat, but yeah more fun too, so long as heat out put is in check.

*=waiting on a fuel surge tank solution I've requested, no tracking till I solve the left turn starvation issue, open to other vendors solutions too as a fix is needed for road course use at my driving level

Last edited by 448hpsti; 08-26-2013 at 10:11 AM.
448hpsti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 448hpsti For This Useful Post:
Mr.Jay (08-26-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #1024
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 448hpsti View Post
Curious if you agree: the robispec product still needs some revision, but its the top cooling solution afaik, and one is needed for those of us building 'pioneer builds'

however the ac condensor mounts make no sense to me, what so ever, wtf? I used strip steel stampings(with the holes pre drilled)to mount the condensor, and had to toss the vortech fmic mounts, it needed to shift passenger to make room for the AC stuff

can you post a pic of your fmic and rad install?

while it all fit right in, snug, the install is not for the timid. I had to hack at the mounting and fiddle with it for hours to get it right, but its right, now.

the mount points for the fan shroud,way off, nothing a few minutes with a drill or dremel couldnt solve, but it could be a cleaner fit in "v3", the shroud isnt flush and I resorted to stuffing the gap with foam and laying some 100mph gorilla tape over it for good measure-this is independent of my fmic

David, I'm gonna take it VERY easy and not get into my cars build, my power or promotion of its build-thats the thing that keeps getting me banned. I say its making 280/300/320whp and next thing ya know someone is challenging my dyno readings, my altitude,my mom, etc, not here for that. we all know more power can be made than what I aim for: this is why I think I have been fortunate enough to help develop and test some really killer parts with this car. Had the robispec radiator for a LONG while, just got to putting it in, since I tore down my car for the new Oil fed vortech sc install, this allows me to track my car with the 13+ psi pulley, makes temp management of the fi system a non issue; so lets just say its both fast and bulletproof. 100% oe fuel pump and injection. /end threadjack

back to your build, the turbo guys may want this: aquamist product that just came out- the BRZ summer module is ready to go today. I know the guys at ecutek were gifted the same wmi kit I bought and they are toying with a ecutek software solution to do the IDC summing, today its a few more wires and there is a bit more tuning burden with the way I have it, so thats another one thats great on any FI car, 91 or 93. Something I think your build, (which has come along nicely I may add,) may benefit too. What kind of power would you tune for if you were on say 98 octane(with the push of a button on of 91?) yes this means more heat, but yeah more fun too, so long as heat out put is in check.

I believe you may have V 1 of the rad? I had issues fitting V 1 too and ended up returning it. I will take lots of pics of the install, so I will be sure to share them with you. I hope the community has already moved on from complaining about power numbers, but I also know how that goes. Everyone will always have an opinion and that's when shit starts hitting the fan. OE pump and injectors at 10.5 psi?? Awesome!

Thanks for the kind words. I will look at the WMI kit more closely Honestly, thanks for pushing the platform the way you do.

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 08-26-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #1025
448hpsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
OE pump and injectors at 13 psi??? THAT is impressive!
let me clarify before a shit storm starts: I'm on a 13psi pulley, but my fueling requirement is only 10.5psi-EBCS limited psi based on map selection-, so thats how I stay on OE fueling components.

I havent seen the spec level on aftermarket parts that motivates me to swap out injectors, yet. When I find stuff I feel good about, I will consider aftermarket injection. e85 project may change things, so i am trying to be open minded
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #1026
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
let me clarify before a shit storm starts: I'm on a 13psi pulley, but my fueling requirement is only 10.5psi-EBCS limited psi based on map selection-, so thats how I stay on OE fueling components.

I havent seen the spec level on aftermarket parts that motivates me to swap out injectors, yet. When I find stuff I feel good about, I will consider aftermarket injection. e85 project may change things, so i am trying to be open minded
My bad for misunderstanding. Still 10.5 psi and stock injector sounds good. :happy0180:
448hpsti (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #1027
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
I will disagree with you and state that the Full Blown radiator and oil cooler are a better solution. I had zero install issues on either, while it sounds like you had some fairly serious issues. Did you ever get that in home dyno installed?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #1028
448hpsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I will disagree with you and state that the Full Blown radiator and oil cooler are a better solution. I had zero install issues on either, while it sounds like you had some fairly serious issues. Did you ever get that in home dyno installed?
shit I didnt even know it was out!?(hence the afaik in my post-disclaimer!)
kool-they also have an integrated solution? that totally rocks.

I considered the koyorad in conjuction with my mocal but felt the integrated setup was better for my application

read about that in development months ago
is there a thread on that somewhere? (I havent been on forums and up to speed as much as I'd like)
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #1029
InvalidJohnny5
The Based God

Drives: 87 Supra, 92 240SX, 13 BRZ Turbo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I'm thinking Injector Dynamics down the line...not too sure on a fuel pump yet.
Milltek Full Exhaust (Overpipe, Cat-delete, Catback), AVO Turbo kit , Perrin Crank Pulley , ACT Clutch Kit , ACT Prolite Flywheel 10.5lb , Axel-Exchange Driveshaft, Sparco Assetto Gara 17x7.5, Hankook Ventus V2s 225/45/17, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45/17, Rally Armor Mudflaps, Viscontiproof tune Courtesy of Drift Office LLC
InvalidJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #1030
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:

I considered the koyorad in conjuction with my mocal but felt the integrated setup was better for my application

read about that in development months ago
is there a thread on that somewhere? (I havent been on forums and up to speed as much as I'd like)
Theirs is a separate radiator and oil cooler, not integrated. Bigger rad, oil cooler on the passenger's side fog light area. Oil cooled by air.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #1031
448hpsti

Quote:
Theirs is a separate radiator and oil cooler, not integrated. Bigger rad, oil cooler on the passenger's side fog light area. Oil cooled by air.
Yeah I remember now, slim fans and all. It looks top notch, but wasnt for me. Wanted water to oil cooling. So, Robi is the only one in that market space to date then with an integrated rad?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #1032
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I remember now, slim fans and all. It looks top notch, but wasnt for me. Wanted water to oil cooling. So, Robi is the only one in that market space to date then with an integrated rad?
Yep, thats the only one in the market as of today.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #1033
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
While not an integrated solution, I feel like the fact the oil cooler is not placed in front of the intercooler to further block the radiator as if the A/C condensor and intercooler weren't already blocking it enough. The Full Blown setup has the screw holes on the endtanks to run the OEM fans. I have to run the slim fans because I have the Full Blown turbo kit.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #1034
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
He's no longer a BRZ owner, sold it.

That's sad to hear. I thought he was great for the ft86 community

At least we got Gem back!

So V2 is a good fit?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #1035
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Gem, if you want my speakers... I still have them with the BRZ mounts and everything attached.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (08-27-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #1036
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
That's sad to hear. I thought he was great for the ft86 community

At least we got Gem back!

So V2 is a good fit?
Patience is a virtue young grasshopper. We will all know by Friday
Mr.Jay (08-27-2013)

Tags
alpinewuzhere, better than sti, custom turbo kit ftw, epic brz build, ftc~brz, gtx30 goodness, its certainly a car, king tut, nocornnocare, sportsguy83, superior orbital fellow, thewheelsonthebusgo